Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 13:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And so it starts  (Read 1572 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: May 21, 2008 at 16:58 »

Browns | Holly out indefinitely
Wed, 21 May 2008 12:15:27 -0700

James Walker, of ESPN.com, reports Cleveland Browns CB Daven Holly (knee) is out indefinitely after suffering a severe knee injury during organized team activities Tuesday, May 20. The timeline for his recovery is unknown but the team said it is possible Holly could miss the most or all of the season. He was injured jumping for a ball with WR Braylon Edwards.

Ryan Tucker is out with a broken hip, IIRC.  

The Browns may be good with the front seven but their corners, after losing Bodden, leave much to be desired.  It should be Eric Wright, a 2nd year starter, and possibly Gary Baxter, should his legs remain attached beyond the preseason.  Holly would have definitely been the #3 corner.  They cut Kenny Wright last week.  

I was discussing the Browns with my friend, a Browns' fan.  I really believe the best way to beat the Browns this year will be to spread them out, making them go DB heavy.  They've got some good talent up front and at LB.  But some of those guys come off the field and remain off the field with a well-functioning spread offense.  

I hope Sweed can get up to speed quickly.  Would be great to spread Ward, Holmes, Washington, and Sweed out

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008 at 17:52 »

I wasn't quite convinced the Browns were gonna suffer a soph slump this year, but you make a good case for beating them.  Not to mention that, IMO, Anderson will suffer the Tommy Maddox Syndrome: one good season, then teams got the book on ya.

Still, Browns, on paper, look better than either the Bungles or Rats.  The division looks bad, so even with our SOS we could win it with 9 wins.  Let's hope we get more than that, but how bad is the AFCN?  Bengals are self-destructing.  Ravens have no QB and an aging D.  Browns have invested heavily in a now that might not be all they think it will be -- Shaun Rogers seems like an apt metaphor: world beater one play, big lazy dumbass the next five or six.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008 at 06:22 »

He spent his offseason in a nursing home.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008 at 06:47 »

He spent his offseason in a nursing home.
Where he roomed with Finny.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: