Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 14:16 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Playoffs  (Read 385 times)
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Apr 10, 2014 at 20:52 »

Well in the last few weeks Bennett, Martin, and Letang have returned. Geno is supposed to be back for the playoffs. That means the team is finally healthy. Call me crazy, but if Fleury doesn't lose his fucking mind like the last two seasons. I actually think this team can compete for the Cup this year. I think it's good that everyone is looking at Boston as the team to beat and everyone is counting the Pens out.

Honestly though, I'm probably just trying to get myself excited for the best tournament in sports.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #1 on: Apr 11, 2014 at 10:07 »

It's hard for me to get excited when I know what Fluery is capable of...but nonetheless, go Pens!
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #2 on: Apr 11, 2014 at 14:45 »

My expectations are extremely low this year given the injury curse, Fluery's playoff meltdowns since 2010, and Bylsma's refusal to put his best team on the ice.  The NHL playoffs are largely about matchups though, and if we can duck Philly and Detroit in round one and hope someone else knocks off Boston, Eastern Conference finals are possible.

Scuderi really should be sat down for Despres, Pyatt or Adams should sit for Megna and Engelland, Bennett needs to play in the top six, the fourth line is just brutal but nothing can be done about that.

Losing to Philly Saturday will go a long way towards getting us our best first round match up (Columbus).

Hopefully Geno is back for round one.  Go Pens.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Apr 11, 2014 at 21:56 »

Yeah, I'm less excited this year than I've been in some time.  The playoffs since the cup run have all sucked and with the uneven play (injuries, yes, but uneven nonetheless) I see no reason to believe they'll get out of the second round.   Hope I'm wrong obv. 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2014 at 11:27 »

Blue Jackets it is.  Also, Boston has to be having a wtf moment.  Your prize for the number one seed is:  A first round matchup with Detroit, who was 4-1 against you in the regular season.

Also, no reseeding in the new format, so it we knock off Columbus, it's winner of Rags-Flyers for us.  Could technically get to the finals playing Columbus-NY-TB/Montreal.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: