Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 29, 2014 at 22:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penguins vs Red Wings: Stanley Cup Finals  (Read 8601 times)
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #60 on: Jun 03, 2008 at 15:55 »

Stayed up to watch it to the end, I was dragging today at work.  As far as penalties in OT goes.  The only ones that were called were 2 goalie interference calls which in my opinion were good calls.  I don't care if according the announcers that he had no other place to go, if you are attacking and you skate into,  advertently or inadvertently, the goalie and knock him down, it should be interference, playoffs or not.  I mean imagine attacking the goal, and having the goalie lying flat on his back, how easy should it be to score a goal.  Both were good calls IMHO.  The hook, I think was the gimme call.  Granted I am a Pens fans, but watching all the game, so many penalties could of been called and weren't.  And the high stick that drew blood, had to be called.  So while yes, its playoff hockey and the whistles should be put away for the most part, certain penalties have to be called like goalie interference.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #61 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 00:51 »

I say one thing that I was disappointed in was the Pens going into prevent mode when they were up 2-0.  of all teams NOt to do this against, its the red wings.  the way those fuckers shoot the puck from everywhere and anywhere on the ice, not that good of a tactic.  we should have been up by at least 4 after 2 periods.  they should have attacked them repeatedly and never taken their foots off the red wing throats.

sure Malkin turned the puck over every shift prior to the second OT, but one dude who I thought turned it over more than usual was Staal.  I thought i was going to have a stroke when he didnt help on the clear that led to the first redwing goal.  those are the garbage goals the redwings have been cashing in every friggin game.  Shoot on goal every chance you get and clean up the trash thats left at the curb by the penguins is the wings style of play.  limit the amount of TOs and Lord Stanley will be at the bottom of a talbot's swimming pool next week.

unless crosby goes on a holy terror the next 2 games, there is no way the Conn doesnt go to Fleury after we win game 7.

Euro Hockey is for pussies and red wing fans.  One guy who is far from a pussy during these playoffs is good ole bugsy.  In fact he's inching closer to Gary Roberts type lore in these parts every friggin game. boys got some brass!

all the penalties called in the OTs were bush other than the high stick.  regular season maybe, but OT in a potential deciding SCF game...no way!

Am I blind, or was there a posting from The Splatter? WOW. Good to hear from you.

i've been working night shift since October end employed the hit n run style posting here and there since.  not too many people on in the wee hours of the morning.
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008 at 00:53 by jackSplat58 » Logged

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 07:30 »

Agreed about Staal.  By far his worst performance of this postseason.  

It's nice to have another game, but I'd like us to get a good old fashioned regulation win this time.  Not calling for a blowout, but still, it would be nice not to have to work like a corpse on Thursday.

Speaking of corpses...

i've been working night shift since October

jacksplat is employed at the city morgue, where he and his uptight friend operate a call girl ring.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 07:44 »

jacksplat is employed at the city morgue, where he and his uptight friend operate a call girl ring.

Are you saying Splat is an "idea man"?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #64 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 08:29 »

I say one thing that I was disappointed in was the Pens going into prevent mode when they were up 2-0.  of all teams NOt to do this against, its the red wings.  the way those fuckers shoot the puck from everywhere and anywhere on the ice, not that good of a tactic.  we should have been up by at least 4 after 2 periods.  they should have attacked them repeatedly and never taken their foots off the red wing throats.
It still beats going into prevent mode before you have the lead like they did in games 1 & 2.

I agree though, you have to be agressive from the drop of the puck to the final horn. You can't give the wings any time or space.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #65 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 10:44 »

I say one thing that I was disappointed in was the Pens going into prevent mode when they were up 2-0.  of all teams NOt to do this against, its the red wings.  the way those fuckers shoot the puck from everywhere and anywhere on the ice, not that good of a tactic.  we should have been up by at least 4 after 2 periods.  they should have attacked them repeatedly and never taken their foots off the red wing throats.

sure Malkin turned the puck over every shift prior to the second OT,
You and me both when it comes to prevent mode.  We were all screaming the exact same thing at the TV the other night.  It may have worked against the Flyers, Sens and even Rangers, but it will not work against the Wings and they are kidding themselves if they think it will work against that team.  You have to continue to pressure and throw the rubber at Osgood.  Sitting back and letting them shell our goaltender results in blowing 2-0 leads and allowing 58 shots on net.  Luckily we got out alive the other night, but there is no way in hell I would bank on that happening over the next two games.

As for Malkin, the rumors coming out of Pittsburgh....he is playing injured.  Obviously Therrien has not confirmed those rumors, but that's what I'm hearing.  Personally, I think it's what Malkin unfortunately stated himself in front of the national media while playing in the Stanley Cup finals....he's tired.  Eitherway, he's not the same player that he was before the Philadelphia series.  Something is up.

Anyways, we are definately still alive and kicking.  Tonight, we have to play better than we have up to this point in the series.  As always, keeping the faith!!! Let's Go Pens!!!
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2008 at 10:51 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #66 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 12:58 »

I was speculating the other night on a potential Malkin injury; having had some experience with them, it appears to me that he's playing with a broken rib or two.  I say that because that's the kind of injury that doesn't necessarily affect you visibly, but will sap the power from anything you do with your upper body, and I notice that his passes really lack zip.

Just guessing, at any rate.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #67 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 13:32 »

I was speculating the other night on a potential Malkin injury; having had some experience with them, it appears to me that he's playing with a broken rib or two.  I say that because that's the kind of injury that doesn't necessarily affect you visibly, but will sap the power from anything you do with your upper body, and I notice that his passes really lack zip.

Just guessing, at any rate.
Penso...I was just talking about that with a vendor at work the other day.  He knows a bit about hockey, but more than anything understands injuries.  He has run marathons for most of his life, and was saying that any kind of rib injury will totally limit your abilities to skate to potential, and also breath normally.  I think that you both are right on the money with the broken rib speculation.  If you remember last game, that time when he got hit next to Detroit's goal, (not a crushing hit by any means, but not a love tap either) he had a really hard time getting to his feet.  I really do believe that he is dealing with a rib injury.  Whether or not they are bruised or broken, I don't know.  But I'm guessing that after we win the cup, (fingers crossed) we will all be hearing about Malkin's broken ribs.  

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 15:30 »

Are you saying Splat is an "idea man"?
Chuck: As we sit here and idly chat, there are woman, female human beings, rolling around in strange beds with strange men, and we are making money from that.
Bill : Is this a great country, or what?

excellent movie..one I havent seen in a long, long time.  but unfortunately, my wonderful job pretty much consists of walking around and everyone wondering what it is, that I actually do there.  but i COULD start up some type of whore house Biz with some of the local skanks.  in fact the Filly Corrall is right down the street.  hmmmmm??

but i agree somewhat with some type of injured Malkin.  can only speculate since we will never know any type of injury from Therrien until after the playoffs end.  the only injuries we will ever know about are visible ones.  but injury or not, it appears to have affected his cognitive skills somewhat in the questionable passes department

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #69 on: Jun 04, 2008 at 16:20 »

What time does the puck drop tonight?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: