Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 18:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Penguins vs Red Wings: Stanley Cup Finals  (Read 9426 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008 at 07:20 »

LOL, I apologize for bringing up the fact that this series will go seven games and for those in the media and some fans who are expecting the Penguins to sweep every series will be let down.  I figured that since I read a number of posts on here dealing with idiotic remarks from the fans and media hacks in Ottawa, Philly and NYC, that I would add some of the idiocy that tends to come out of Pittsburgh after losing one game in a series.  

Shove it up your ass.

Wow....very classy and mature.  You take care now buddy, lol.
My issue is not with your discussion of the series.  You're prevaricating.  You know full well that I am calling you out for consistently attempting to sidetrack every thread with your bitterness over whoever sits next to you in section B.  I suggest you take it up with them and not us.

I don't give a shit about being mature or classy.  And it isn't advice, "buddy"; it's your first warning... lol.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008 at 08:10 »

My issue is not with your discussion of the series.

Once again, I thought it tied in with the series because it dealt with a topic which was brought up by others in every other series, only this time it dealt with the Pittsburgh media and fans.  

You're prevaricating.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 at 08:11 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008 at 08:27 »

My issue is not with your discussion of the series.

Once again, I thought it tied in with the series because it dealt with a topic which was brought up by others in every other series, only this time it dealt with the Pittsburgh media and fans.  

You're prevaricating.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008 at 08:47 »

I, for one, won't be happy until Tyler Kennedy scores a post-season goal.

As for the series, I can see it going either way. So far the Pens have been head and shoulders above every team they've faced and I have been confident going into every series to date. To break-down the Pens/Wings series is very difficult, IMO. First, because these two teams very rarely play each other and to speculate on how they matchup would be just that, speculation. Second, both teams playing styles are similar and different at the same time. Both teams can play a tight checking low scoring affair as well as kick it into high gear in a shootout. The difference as I see it, is in the defense. The Pens have been very good defensively in part to a team defense mentality. I don't know if there is another team in the league with as many two-way forwards as the Pens. The Wings, on the other hand, have world class defensemen who move well with and without the puck and play very physical (Clean physical, not "Philly" physical).

Fluery will (and can) outplay Osgood, and I think the Flower will have to steal a game or two for the good guys to hoist the cup. Sid, Geno and the boys can make Osgood dizzy, if they can get past the Detroit D. The Pens D HAVE to keep the Wings from crashing in on Fluery. That's where the game will be won or lost.

My heart tells me; the Pens in how ever many games it takes.

PLUCK the Wings![/size]

GO PENS!

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2008 at 08:52 »

I don't watch hockey at all, but...

Congrats to the Pens for getting to the Stanley Cup Finals.  Now, just take that bitch down.  F Detroit.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 at 10:22 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008 at 09:26 »

I don't watch hockey at all, but...
You should start. At the very least, it would give PghSteel-43 another "fan" to complain about.

Seriously, as much as I like football, hockey is my favorite sport to watch. Just non-stop intense action. And this series should be a showcase for the NHL.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008 at 10:22 by aj_law » Logged

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008 at 10:15 »

Fluery will (and can) outplay Osgood, and I think the Flower will have to steal a game or two for the good guys to hoist the cup. Sid, Geno and the boys can make Osgood dizzy, if they can get past the Detroit D. The Pens D HAVE to keep the Wings from crashing in on Fluery. That's where the game will be won or lost.

My heart tells me; the Pens in how ever many games it takes.

PLUCK the Wings![/size]

GO PENS!
Fleury will definitely outplay Osgood, but the question is will Osgood face 30+ shots per game?  he hasnt been truly tested yet these playoffs and I really hope the high octane Penguin offense will get a large quantity of shots on the guy.  at least in the early goings.  and do we really have to call him flower????  (lord knows Steighy wont say it about a billion times) i know its a nickname n all, but thats about as 300% as 20,000 douches all wearing an orange t-shirt with VENGENGE written on the front of it.  IMO

defensively, i think our stay at home defenseman must just do that, stay home.  Even though he did ok pinching in during a rush a few times in game 5 against Filthy, Orpik needs to park his ass benhind center red.  hopefull Hans and Franzen isnt ready to play since the offensive output of the wings really stonewalled until the final game where they put 4 on Turco without him.

keeping patient and not losing your head will also factor in against these wingy dingys.  they wont be giving up very odd man rushes and as long as they continue stay focused and not get frustrated into taking a stupid penalty, they should at least be in striking distance every game.

as for playing any style of Hockey, i know the Pens did allright for one game against the rags, but tight checking, close scoring affairs really plays into the wings style more than it  does Pittsburgh.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2008 at 15:47 »

Dammit.  Everything I learned about class and maturity I learned from Penso.  And to find out that it's all been a LIE, that he really doesn't give a crap about it...

What next?  He doesn't own any $100 shirts?  He's never worn the blue bra on his head?  He's never even sipped a yachtsman?  

I don't know who to believe any more.

Anyway, go Penguins... I know I'm a total bandwagoner when it comes to hockey, but fuck, gotta root for the Pitt team.  I'm gonna say this goes 7, Pitt wins after wearing the Wings down.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2008 at 22:18 »

Anyway, go Penguins... I know I'm a total bandwagoner when it comes to hockey, but fuck, gotta root for the Pitt team.  I'm gonna say this goes 7, Pitt wins after wearing the Wings down.
this sport needs about 5 million more people like Fin dude.  Just dont go sporting a foam finger and you'll do a'ight in the fandom department!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008 at 01:28 »

This series is alot harder to peg than the previous; Ottawa was in shambles, the Rangers folded like a cheap sui... er, sorry aj, like a lawn chair, and it was obvious Philly simply did not have enough legs to run with us.  

Detroit is another story altogether.  Crosby and Malkin have to present Lidstrom with moves he hasn't been before; they must show Kronwall it's different along the wall than it is head hunting in open ice; they have to keep Rafalski on his back skate and treat him like a certain red-headed Flyers defenseman.  In short, I agree with Splat when he says,

as for playing any style of Hockey, i know the Pens did allright for one game against the rags, but tight checking, close scoring affairs really plays into the wings style more than it does Pittsburgh.

We have to win this series on the forecheck.  I said that before about every series, but, after all, that's what we're built for.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: