Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 13:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro '08  (Read 2742 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Jun 08, 2008 at 12:45 »

Well its finally underway. Portugal looked OK yesterday, and the Swiss were very unlucky to not at least grab a point against the Czech Republic. Its nice that ESPN is broadcasting most(all?) the games. And in HD. I wish FSC would go HD, and the US could get the Setanta(Sky Sports) HD feed. I'm going to go with my boy Ballack and Germany to take it. Portugal is very talented, and I think the Oranje could possibly be there at the end too. Robben needs to get healthy for them. Italy and France are always competitive as well. Should be some good stuff ahead.

Summer Transfers- Will Ronaldo go to Madrid? That would be a crazy transfer fee. Its a sad day for me, as Chelsea agreed to let Milan talk to Drogba. Don't do it Didier! Milan won't even be in Champion League next year! Milan is also trying to pirate Penso's boy Adebayor as well as Berbatov. Although Chelsea has refused to sell Sheva to Milan. Jose and Inter are trying to plunder the Blues roster as well, with Essien, Carvalho, and Lampard repoprtedly on The Special One's wish list. Ronaldino appears headed for the EPL and Man City. It will be a very interesting summer transfer season.

KTBFFH
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 16:52 »

Holland down the eyeties 3 nil.  Glorious result.  

Rumania spent more time on the floor than my dirty underwear.  Fucking disgraceful.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 09, 2008 at 21:54 »

Yeah, Les Bleus got roughed up a bit. Lots of yellows, but not exactly surprise from a squad that racked 30 yellows in qualifying. This just in... Anelka blows! Wish the other Blues he plays for never signed him. And Ribery had no impact.

The Oranje rampaged over the Azzurri! That was awesome for sure. I'm definately rooting for Holland ( and Germany). Such beautiful football, like their second goal. That was goal against every team in the world, national or club. Up 2-0, do they sit back? Hell no. The Dutch just don't know how to sit back and play defense. Its very entertaining. Cannavaro was bumming on the bench. But I wouldn't count out Italy just yet. Very solid squad.

KTBFFH
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 10, 2008 at 16:14 »

Thought the Russians deserved a little better against Spain.  3-1 would have been fair.  Sweden also looked surprisingly positive, somebody call the French foreign ministry.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 12, 2008 at 00:06 »

Watched Portugal v Czech Republic. Pretty good game. Fancy Pants (my wife's name for Ronaldo), looked pretty good. Deco isn't all that bad as well. How 'bout Scolari coming to Stamford Bridge? Sounds great to me. The Swiss were eliminated today. Portugal, Germany, and Holland look to be in form right now. France and Italy need to rebound soon. I will continue to discount Spain until they win something. Talented roster nonetheless.

KTBFFH
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 12:31 »

Sweden-Spain has been a great, great match so far.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 12:57 »

Wow! Villa strikes late in injury time. Spain is pretty much through now. Tough, tough loss for the Swedes.... How 'bout The Oranje? Kicking some ass so far. Germany didn't look so good the other day.  

KTBFFH
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 19, 2008 at 10:21 »

Well, on to the quarterfinals. The first matchup today should be a classic. Germany and Portugal were both pre tournament fav's, but Germany hasn't been in top form while Portugal has looked very good when not resting their top players.
Holland has been tearing up people in the so called Group of Death. Even their "B" squad took care of Romania, when Romania could have advanced with a win. The World Cup holders are still in it and looked much better against France, but I don't see them making the Finals. There is no question Spain has talent and depth (Fabregas doesn't even start). They should make some noise. Croatia is a mild surprise, but they did play well in qualifing ( as ENG knows). But in the end,  I think it will be Portugal v Holland in the final, with Portugal lifting the trophy.

KTBFFH
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jun 19, 2008 at 16:13 »

Well, there goes that prediction. The Germans are marching again!

KTBFFH
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jun 19, 2008 at 20:26 »

Man, the portugeese really spat the bit today.  Wasted about 50 minutes trying to play the long ball into the box when they should have been running at the German central defenders.  Total wuss-out, lead by Miss Priss Renaldo.  They should have fired Scolari at half-time; that's what the Italians would have done.  Or pushed him out a window.

Anyway my Croats go up against those plucky Turks tomorrow.  Much as it galls the General to root against fellow flightless fowl, I see a 2-0 result, setting Croatia up to do what has to be one of the more enjoyable prospects of the tournament:  beating Germany twice.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: