Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 07:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: US Open  (Read 2711 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Jun 11, 2008 at 10:13 »

The US Open starts tomorrow at Torrey Pines. Tiger hasn't played in a while and had his knee scoped. Anyone think the 6 time Buick Open champion(played at Torrey) will come back strong and win yet another major? He is paired with Lefty tomorrow. Phil grew up in the area and played his high school golf at Torrey so you can't count him out. The South Course should play more difficult than 6 months ago for the Buick. The rough will be impossible and the entire course will play much faster. Its dropping from a par 72 to a par 71 after converting a par 5 into a 515 yard par 4( are you effing kidding me?). Total yards is a record 7600+!! Crazy. Should be fun to watch.... Tony Romo (6 handicap) shot an 84 there this week. Not bad Tony, not bad.

On a personal note, my golf game is coming back after my back surgery 3 months ago. I shot a 38 for 9 holes last week, and carded an 81 for 18 on Friday. I'm pretty stoked about it.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 12:56 »

On a personal note, my golf game is coming back after my back surgery 3 months ago. I shot a 38 for 9 holes last week, and carded an 81 for 18 on Friday. I'm pretty stoked about it.
Good to hear the back is doing well.

With that kind of end result, I'd consider making that surgery an annual event.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jun 11, 2008 at 23:58 »

You know, the surgery might have actually helped my game. I can't swing as hard as I used too, and now I sort of have a smoother swing without trying to kill the ball. Thank God for the altitude here, so I can still drive 270-290 without the big swing. Would recommend a lesson before back surgery as way to improve someone's game though. Go Tiger!
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 22:24 »

I hadn't watched much of the open, but this afternoon I tuned in. Just in time to catch the eagle, birdie, eagle show on a bad knee.

And for all the pro athletes that will milk any little injury, you just know that Woods is in some pretty intense pain. Where some guys are always looking for a drop or reaching for the long putter when they take their club lengths, that's just not how TW rolls.

Those were some amazing shots/putts, but can the knee really hold out for another full round tomorrow?

Dunno.

Remind me never to golf with steelerfaninCO, unless it's when he's paralyzed

:D  
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2008 at 22:52 »

That was some amazing shit today. Kirk Gibson style, only 3 times instead of once. Those eagles were just ridiculous. And the birdie chip was insane. Tiger proves yet again, that the impossible is possible.  
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2008 at 19:58 »

18 more to go tomorrow.  Let's Go Rocco! Make us proud back in Pittsburgh!!!
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Jun 16, 2008 at 06:15 »

18 more to go tomorrow.  Let's Go Rocco! Make us proud back in Pittsburgh!!!
He should have already made Pittsburghers proud. Will be VERY tough to beat Tiger one on one, but Torrey Pines seems to have been made for Rocco, so there is a chance.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jun 16, 2008 at 15:30 »

Eh, oh well.  We are still proud of him here in Pittsburgh.  At least he didn't slam his clubs like a little bitch.  Showed class through and through.  Good job Rocco!
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #8 on: Jun 16, 2008 at 16:58 »

One hell of a performance by Rocco. Really, it was ashame either one had to lose. Great golf.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jun 16, 2008 at 17:18 »

I got busy doing some chores and forgot about it. Turned it on when they were playing the 9th and had to watch the duration. I was sure that Rocco was done when he went down 3 strokes.

When Wood stepped off his 2nd shot at 18, you could actually here some boos. Don't see that very often. Amazing turnout for a Monday playoff, but It had so much to do with the participants.

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: