Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 27, 2014 at 22:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro '08  (Read 3146 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jun 20, 2008 at 13:01 »

Man, the portugeese really spat the bit today.
Fucking terrible.  Arians~esque, I'd say.  Quite the swan song for Scolari.  Good luck with 'em, Chelsea fans.

I had a bad feeling when they decided to rest 8 against the Swiss.  They were playing so well together.  Way to mess with the chemistry and field a completely different team.  They should've started with the same squad (or close to it) and started pulling guys right after the half.  Instead, Portugal spends the first half hour in the quarters trying to get into a flow.

Germany looked very unimpressive to me.  Maybe I'm just a little biased (and still pissed), but collectively, they've got all the ball skills of a MLS team.

With Portugal out, I going to go out on a limb a little and predict a Croatia/Netherlands final with the Orange taking it all.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jun 20, 2008 at 16:44 »

Goddamn cocksucking fucking motherfuck ratfucking bastard fucking shitfuck fuck.

10 seconds from victory.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2008 at 22:54 »

It seems that Turkey is the new Greece. Just squeaking by yet again. Senturk( Fenerbahce) was the leading scorer in the Turkish league, but he got a little lucky. The Germans might be happy about plaing Turkey, but so was Croatia.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 16:45 »

Stupid Dutch...Thoroughly outplayed by the Russians... There goes the second half of my prediction. Although I did originally pick the Germans...Spain and Italy next.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 18:52 »

I'm afraid today's result all but guarantees us a Germany-Italy final.  Spain has major problems at the back, something which Italy will exploit.  And anyone fancy the Turks over Germany?  Anyone?  Hello?

The Russians did to the Dutch what the Turks did to the Croats:  they shut down the center of the midfield and took what was given around the edges of the box.
« Last Edit: Jun 21, 2008 at 18:53 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jun 23, 2008 at 07:56 »

With Portugal out, I going to go out on a limb a little and predict a Croatia/Netherlands final with the Orange taking it all.
Did I forget to mention that those are my Locks for the Week?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jul 01, 2008 at 12:15 »

Well, its over and Spain lifted the trophy. Deservedly so. Torres is a player for sure. Another tough loss for bridesmaid Ballack.

Champions League starts in 2 weeks, but just the qualifying stages. EPL kicks off in 2 months with the FA Community Shield. Transfer market is probably about to go mental, so it will be fun seeing who goes where.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: