Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 16:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plax crying.  (Read 2281 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jul 22, 2008 at 23:49 »

Plax starts again.

Sorry, joce.  I know you dig the cat, but, fact is, he's no Tyree.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2008 at 07:39 »

I heard that guy's particularly effective out of a two-point stance.

We had a situation in South Carolina last year, with a player who was in the same situation as this guy.  A coach actually called the SC high school league and tried to have the kid banned from playing.  His complaint?  "He has an unfair advantage because he doesn't have legs."

That coach also professed to being a huge fan of Plexiglass Burgess.  He models his whining after Plex.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2008 at 13:29 »

I remember somehwere reading about one of these players without legs, whether it was the pictured guy, the one from SC, or another one.  He was actually not allowed to play because rules stated that players had to wear cleats.  He tried tying cleats to his uniform, but they wouldn't allow it.

Anyways, back to the Plax discussion.  I don't care about guys wanting to renegotiate halfway through a deal - frankly I don't blame them, since teams certainly don't honor contracts that don't suit them.  Get as much money as you can.  However, when negotiations don't go your way, why do players think they're going to get any sympathy with this tactic:

1)  announce to public you want a new deal.

2)  Whine about not getting a new deal.

3)  Hold out of minicamp while whining about a new deal.

4)  Complain that you only want what's fair, and $3-4 million per is a grave injustice (conveniently forgetting about the signing bonus you already recieved).

5)  Threaten to hold out of training camp.

6)  Ask for a trade

7)  Show up at training camp, saying "I'm a team guy; I'll be here, but I'm not happy about it," and continue to whine about your deal.

8) repeat every offseason.

It's hard to understand the world of a guy who every week in the fall is handed a check for $250,000, and he looks at it thinking "This sucks."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jul 24, 2008 at 07:44 »

It's hard to understand the world of a guy who every week in the fall is handed a check for $250,000, and he looks at it thinking "This sucks."

These guys are just too far away from our reality for us to understand how they think.  The dollars are just beyond our comprehension, and it has swelled their heads and their egos to incredible levels.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jul 24, 2008 at 08:32 »

I don't know if I'd say Plax is "grounded" but I give these guys credit for crying about paying $75 for a tank of gas once a week.  That tells me they aren't blowing $5K per night in a strip club, giving their money to their street friends, or just pissing it away.  At least maybe they can relate, in a small small way, to the common person.  Sounds like Plax is getting an allowance from his accountant, which is definitely in a player's best interest.
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2008 at 08:33 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: