Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 19:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who will McCain select as running mate?
Gov. Haley Barbour, MS - 0 (0%)
Gov. Charlie Crist, FL - 2 (20%)
Gov. Jon Huntsman, UT - 0 (0%)
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, TX - 1 (10%)
Gov. Bobby Jindal, LA - 0 (0%)
Sen. Joe Lieberman (D), CT - 1 (10%)
Gov. Sarah Palin, AK - 2 (20%)
Gov. Tim Pawlenty, MN - 1 (10%)
Former Gov. Mitt Romney, MA - 1 (10%)
Gov. Mark Sanford, SC - 0 (0%)
Fromer Rep. J.C. Watts, OK - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCain's Veep?  (Read 4484 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 13:48 »

Just a few actual facts for y'all out there. Both Palin and McCan't referenced earmark spending as something they are against, and McCan't went off about how he is going to "name and shame" them. Well, how bout starting with your VP pick asshole. Fact, as mayor of her town of 6700 residents, she hired a lobbying firm which in turn helped her town receive over 27 million dollars in federal earmarks. Nice work Sarah! I guess Alaska isn't really that far from DC.

In her speech she stated she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the now infamous "bridge to no where". Fact, her hired lobbyists actively lobbyed for it, she happily accepted the funds for it, and only when did it become a national outrage, did she can the project. With the kicker being she never gave the money back. Effing liar is what she is.

As a Libertarian who leans Democratic, I have never been so insulted by someone's speech as Sarah Palin's. Trying to paint Obama as an elitist ( as if thats a bad thing for the most powerful man in the world), while totally slamming and looking down her nose at the millions of people who are trying to help their own communities. FUCK YOU SARAH PALIN. She stands for nothing that Hills did/does and everything that Hills is against. I don't care about experience that much, so she gets a pass from me there, but come on, no interviews from anyone but her local paper? For a VP candidate? And if you want to tout your PTA presidency, and your family values as part of your qualifications, then I'm sorry, your family IS fair game. This from a person who just 2 months ago had know idea what the daily responsibilties of the VP are. Are you smarter than a 5th grader Sarah? Because most of them know the VP is also the President of the Senate. Her "Drill now" BS is just that , BS. Way to help ruin the environment while extending this country's addiction to oil. Not just foreign oil, but oil period. Drilling for more oil does nothing to help us longterm, its just another typical Repugnican short term solution that will line their buddies pockets some more, put off the desparately needed non fossil fuel energy developement, and trounce around in some of last pure ecosystems on the planet. We should have electric cars coupled with nuclear energy, wind, and solar. And its totally doable, unless you listen to McCan't, his pals, and even some Democrats. Shit, if France can power themselves with nuclear energy safely, don't you think its about time we can?

Poor and middle class people continually vote against their interests by buying into the fear mongering politics as usual by the Republicans. Obama is going to raise taxes! The terrorists are coming and the Dems are pussies! He was a freaking community organizer! We are the party of God and Jesus Christ!.... Makes me sick. We have heard nothing about how McCain will actually fix what ails us, because its the Republicans who actually ail us. 8 years of Bush, 6 with both houses of Congress, has brought this country to its knees. Its been crazy spending coupled with crazy tax cuts, 2 wars, a generation a high schoolers dropping out, unbelievable rising energy costs, rising inflation, a housing bust, corruption at every level, increase of Federal powers at the expense of States' and individual rights, Katrina, Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney, a booming prison population, climate change censorship, bold faced lies, and loss of the world's respect just to name a few of things that have gone wrong since the Republicans have been running things. Don't buy into again America.

And Vinman, as  a Libertarian I will never vote for Bob Barr. He was never, isn't currently, and never will be an actual Libertarian. The Party sold out its principles to put a recognizable name on their ticket. Even some members of the Libertarian National Commitee will tell you that( and I have personally spoken with several of them). Bob Barr is a marketing gimmick. And a total asshole. Just my .02. Rant over.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #41 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 13:53 »

Good rant.  Preach on!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 14:08 »

That's all good stuff, sf'inco, but what we all would like to know is... where were you on the night bamf's McCain sign was boosted?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 14:26 »

I was...I was... I was..ummm.. I was in DC..yeah..I was in DC having dinner with Obama...yeah, thats the ticket..I was in DC having dinner with Obama and he said I could have any Cabinet position I wanted. Yeah, thats it. Thats the ticket.
kchopsteel

« Reply #44 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 14:49 »

Steelfan hit the nail on the head. To me this Palin pick is pandering in it's purest form and I hope to God that people don't buy it. My two major beefs with her are her abstinence only education, which she hasn't spoke of yet but I am dying to hear her defense of it, and going after her ex brother in-law.

Let's tackle abstinence only. I refuse to allow my two daughters to go through their teen years without some dose of reality. For christ's effin sake are people going to tell me that young girls don't have the same sex drive as young boys. I would much prefer that they learn via school and my ex and I the importance of birth control. I cannot control what they do, and I will try and teach them the values associated with abstaining from sex, but can't people just wake up and realize that if you tell somebody not to do something more than likely they will do it, especially teens. And now in light of her 17 year old daughter being pregnant she comes across as the biggest hypocrite I have ever seen. It seems like these Republicans run into crap like this on a regular basis. The hypocrisy of their sayings as opposed to their doings continues to amaze me.

The ex brother in-law is a whole other can of worms. Being a divorced father of 2 I could not even fathom my ex's sister being my boss. I have worked very hard to be able to have a solid relationship with my daughters and be in their lives regularly. This is why I take such issue with this situation because if this man is a good father, who happens to be the ex husband of the governors sister, and he is being targeted than that is utter bullshit. The stories are that he is a bad cop, but for some reason he has gotten promoted along the way, which tells me that the stories aren't so true. If she did in fact abuse her power to try and exact revenge on this man she is truly the biggest scumbag, besides Dick and George Cheney, that walks this planet.

In conclusion I believe that Joe Biden is gonna mop the floor with her ass. Being able to deliver a speech, written by someone else, and being able to explain you're positions on signifigant issues facing the country are a whole different animal. When the country truly finds out about her I think the backlash for McBush will be signifigant and Obama will be the President of the United States.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2008 at 14:51 by kchopsteel » Logged

I am the Padiddle champion
bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #45 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 22:48 »

Just a few actual facts for y'all out there. Both Palin and McCan't referenced earmark spending as something they are against, and McCan't went off about how he is going to "name and shame" them. Well, how bout starting with your VP pick asshole. Fact, as mayor of her town of 6700 residents, she hired a lobbying firm which in turn helped her town receive over 27 million dollars in federal earmarks. Nice work Sarah! I guess Alaska isn't really that far from DC.

In her speech she stated she said "thanks, but no thanks" to the now infamous "bridge to no where". Fact, her hired lobbyists actively lobbyed for it, she happily accepted the funds for it, and only when did it become a national outrage, did she can the project. With the kicker being she never gave the money back. Effing liar is what she is.

As a Libertarian who leans Democratic, I have never been so insulted by someone's speech as Sarah Palin's. Trying to paint Obama as an elitist ( as if thats a bad thing for the most powerful man in the world), while totally slamming and looking down her nose at the millions of people who are trying to help their own communities. FUCK YOU SARAH PALIN. She stands for nothing that Hills did/does and everything that Hills is against. I don't care about experience that much, so she gets a pass from me there, but come on, no interviews from anyone but her local paper? For a VP candidate? And if you want to tout your PTA presidency, and your family values as part of your qualifications, then I'm sorry, your family IS fair game. This from a person who just 2 months ago had know idea what the daily responsibilties of the VP are. Are you smarter than a 5th grader Sarah? Because most of them know the VP is also the President of the Senate. Her "Drill now" BS is just that , BS. Way to help ruin the environment while extending this country's addiction to oil. Not just foreign oil, but oil period. Drilling for more oil does nothing to help us longterm, its just another typical Repugnican short term solution that will line their buddies pockets some more, put off the desparately needed non fossil fuel energy developement, and trounce around in some of last pure ecosystems on the planet. We should have electric cars coupled with nuclear energy, wind, and solar. And its totally doable, unless you listen to McCan't, his pals, and even some Democrats. Shit, if France can power themselves with nuclear energy safely, don't you think its about time we can?

Poor and middle class people continually vote against their interests by buying into the fear mongering politics as usual by the Republicans. Obama is going to raise taxes! The terrorists are coming and the Dems are pussies! He was a freaking community organizer! We are the party of God and Jesus Christ!.... Makes me sick. We have heard nothing about how McCain will actually fix what ails us, because its the Republicans who actually ail us. 8 years of Bush, 6 with both houses of Congress, has brought this country to its knees. Its been crazy spending coupled with crazy tax cuts, 2 wars, a generation a high schoolers dropping out, unbelievable rising energy costs, rising inflation, a housing bust, corruption at every level, increase of Federal powers at the expense of States' and individual rights, Katrina, Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney, a booming prison population, climate change censorship, bold faced lies, and loss of the world's respect just to name a few of things that have gone wrong since the Republicans have been running things. Don't buy into again America.

And Vinman, as  a Libertarian I will never vote for Bob Barr. He was never, isn't currently, and never will be an actual Libertarian. The Party sold out its principles to put a recognizable name on their ticket. Even some members of the Libertarian National Commitee will tell you that( and I have personally spoken with several of them). Bob Barr is a marketing gimmick. And a total asshole. Just my .02. Rant over.
Wow.....

Just.....

Wow.

Not even touching this one.  Your mind is obviously made up.  Mine is obviously made up.  Let's just drink some beer on Sunday and cheer for the same team!

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 02:11 »

Loved her speech, thought it was excellent.  Of course she is going to get bashed from those on the far left.  It all boil downs to fear in my opinion.  

Then again what do I know?  I'm just one those Pennsylvania 'folk' who grasps my bible and guns when things are looking gloomy (even though I have not been to church in ten years and I do not own a gun).  I guess I need to find myself a hateful preacher and listen to him for 25 years or a radical nut who bombed the Pentagon?  Anyone have the number for the Weather Underground?    Maybe then this M16 packin', bible thumpin', Pennsylvania native will learn a thing or two?

Elitist?...Snobbish?  Narrowminded?.... Nah, not at all...lol, pfffh.  Anyways, Go Steelers!!!  
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 09:45 »

Let's just drink some beer on Sunday and cheer for the same team!
Word... Lets go Steelers! Lets Go! Lets Fucking Go!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 10:16 »

I guess I need to find myself a hateful preacher and listen to him for 25 years or a radical nut who bombed the Pentagon?  Anyone have the number for the Weather Underground?    

And I guess I need to find a successionist freak group to join and address. Ya know, like the one your girls hubby is in and who leader states( paraphrasing here), I hate nothing more than the United States.

Look, I could really give a shit about what these people did 20 years ago, or what shady characters they may have hung out with. Everyone, Dems, Repubs, Indies, have skeletons in the closet. Everyone.

I care about substance. Actual policies. Not people wearing $300,000 outfits. You said you thought Palins speech was excellent. What was so great about a pit bull with lipstick? What did she actually say that was constructive? Not a dam thing. Just the same ole attacks. Great, she can read a speech(not written by her) off a teleprompter. That qualifies as excellent? Seems like you already made up your mind before listening to it. Not thats bad thing, I certainly made up my mind before either convention.  But I ask you this, what policies of McCain/Palin do you support? Do you really believe that they will put this country on the right track?

My final note about all this, because its almost Sunday and game time, is that I am so sick of people trying to make their opinions law. Sarah Palin can't even keep her own house in order, and she wants to control the decisions of all families? If your against abortion then don't have one, but keep your abstinence only schooling(which worked great for her daughter) out of my schools. Keep your creationism to your Sunday school, not in public schools. Don't want gays to have rights? Sounds like its a personal problem to me. People disagree about all these social issues, and guess what, more people in this country favor Roe V Wade then don't. Deal with it Sarah. Just because you have opinion doesn't mean the rest of us have to be forced to think like you do. I certainly don't try to force my opinions on the rest of the country, otherwise there would be "Jesus is an imaginary friend for grownups" stickers everywhere. I'm a Libertarian. Our government is not authorized by the Constitution to muck around in the personal lives of citizens..... And way to flip flop on every core social issue McCain. You've traded your beliefs to get the support of the evangelical vote. And McCain WILL be 4 more years of W. The best show on TV, The Daily Show, had the perfect montage(as they always do) of W's speech in 2000 and McCain's speech Thursday. Guess what? They said they said the same exact shit. here it is http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/124029/detail/

Vote for who you want of course, but always remember this..... Go Steelers!
SteelFanFromWayBack
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #49 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 18:14 »

Why is everyone hung up on whether Palin's speech "solved" or "answered" anything or how much "substance" there was? The speeches at this point are purely to rally the troops. Not to detail each aspect of their respective platforms. That is the case for both the Repubs and Dems. Obama hasn't "solved" anything with his speeches either, but he has rallied the troops with his speeches. The people who are at the conventions have clearly made up their minds, that is why they are there showing support. People who don't partake in the mudslinging and empty speeches will listen to the candidates talk about the issues when the time comes, and then hopefully they will make up their minds.

Ranting about one's speech over another at this point assumes a bias, which implies that it wouldn't matter what they said in their speeches...you have already decided what side of the fence you are on. Whether you are a party-line voter or a hardcore hater/staunch supporter (of whichever side) the issues are secondary to you anyway.

Speeches are rhetoric to fire up the supporters, which I think they both have done well...

Debates are when the "questions" and "answers" will come...

I plan on saving my rants for after the debates.

Go STEELERS!
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2008 at 18:16 by SteelFanFromWayBack » Logged

But you know, I got about a billion bitches to plow, so you can fucka me later but you should fucka me now!
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: