Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 17:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers  (Read 534 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Jul 16, 2008 at 09:24 »

Last night I watched Steelers vs Pat from 2005.  It was on late on Monday night so I recorded it.  One ARE lateral away from winning that game suprisingly.  After watching that game, and I know (Vin) FWP got his yards last year, but we are in big trouble on the O line.  Regardless of the Faneca situation, even if his skills were falling off a bit last year, he was by far the best lineman we had and we are in big trouble this year.  I think it is the elephant in the room scenario.  I guess I can hope they come out of nowhere, like they did in 2005.

At the beginning of the one hour re-hash of the game, they pointed out that Chad Scott, former Steeler, was a DB for the Pats.  He was warming up near the endzone with another Patsie player named Pass.  These fanes were leaning over the railing yelling "you suck Scott, you're a loser, we couldn't get rid of you fast enough" etc.  They showed Pass as that was happening and he was laughing his ass off.  He went over to those guys giving them "five" and jiving with them.  It was funny they just railed on Scott but Pass was cool to the fans.

FYI - ESPN had a 3-5 minute piece on Cutler last night/this morning on SportsCenter.  They advertised there would be similar "interviews" this week with Carson Palmer and The Mighty Big Ben.  They didn't specify which days.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2008 at 09:30 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 09:39 »

Last night I watched Steelers vs Pat from 2005.  It was on late on Monday night so I recorded it.  One ARE lateral away from winning that game suprisingly.  After watching that game, and I know (Vin) FWP got his yards last year, but we are in big trouble on the O line.  Regardless of the Faneca situation, even if his skills were falling off a bit last year, he was by far the best lineman we had and we are in big trouble this year.  I think it is the elephant in the room scenario.  I guess I can hope they come out of nowhere, like they did in 2005.

At the beginning of the one hour re-hash of the game, they pointed out that Chad Scott, former Steeler, was a DB for the Pats.  He was warming up near the endzone with another Patsie player named Pass.  These fanes were leaning over the railing yelling "you suck Scott, you're a loser, we couldn't get rid of you fast enough" etc.  They showed Pass as that was happening and he was laughing his ass off.  He went over to those guys giving them "five" and jiving with them.  It was funny they just railed on Scott but Pass was cool to the fans.

FYI - ESPN had a 3-5 minute piece on Cutler last night/this morning on SportsCenter.  They advertised there would be similar "interviews" this week with Carson Palmer and The Mighty Big Ben.  They didn't specify which days.
What are you trying to say BV? Are you saying that I think out O-Line is superior? It is not. It is certainly a weakness at this point. Though the SINGING of Hartwig I think will definitely help.

Or are you saying, that in spite of an inferior O-Line last year, FWP still got his yards? That is certainly the case. Can he do it year in and year out? Not sure that he can...Hope so, cause we need him to do it again this year.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 09:44 »

I only threw your name in there becasue you adamantly point out that FWP gets 1200 yards every year, regardless of the O-line.  He does get his yards, somehow, but this year the O-line could easily be the worst in the league.  They better use a lot of 3 step drops for Ben, or unlike Manning, after this year Ben will feel like he is in a 35 year old body.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:00 »

I only threw your name in there becasue you adamantly point out that FWP gets 1200 yards every year, regardless of the O-line.
Facts are facts my friend, but it is only a three year sample with varying degrees of O-Line suckiness. I am with you though he can't keep it up with just any shit O-Line, can he? Barry Sanders. Oh no he didn't! Seriously though, without question, the Steelers need O-Line help, yesterday.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: