Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 01, 2014 at 19:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nolan voted off the Island  (Read 574 times)
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« on: Jul 14, 2008 at 13:03 »

NOLAN OUT AS ISLANDERS HEAD COACH
TSN.CA STAFF
7/14/2008 1:06:27 PM

The New York Islanders have parted ways with head coach Ted Nolan.

Islanders general manager Garth Snow announced Monday that Nolan will not return next season. Nolan had one season remaining on his contract.

"Ted has helped us achieve some success over the last two seasons, however it has become clear that we have philosophical differences and have decided together to part ways," said Snow in a press release. "Since last season and continuing into the summer, I have realized we do not share the same philosophies. I would like to thank Ted for his two years with the team and wish him the best.

"I have a list of several qualified candidates. After a thorough process, we will hire the very best coach to lead the Islanders on the ice."

Nolan was 75-68-21 in two seasons on the Island. His career record as an NHL coach stands at 148-140-19-21.

"While I am disappointed I will not be coaching the Islanders next season, there have been philosophical differences and we've agreed it's a good time for me to move on," Nolan said in a statement. "I want to thank the Islanders organization for giving me a chance to coach in the NHL again. I have tremendous respect for what the team is trying to do and I wish them well."

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 00:08 »

Bottomline in my book...

You give a man a horrible team, you are going to get horrible results.

Starting with the hiring of Milbury, that organization has been a mess ever since.  Dishing out a HUGE contract to Yashin was that organization's first huge mistake.  Then they traded away good, young talent for names like Parrish, Scatchard and Peca etc.  Then they do not pull off any trades nor have they picked up any big names during FA so what do they expect Nolan to do exactly?  Win a cup with a bunch of scrubs?  

As long as they keep running that organization in that type of fashion, they are going to have the same results with the next Islander coach.  Islander ownership/management is a joke and I have no idea what they were thinking when they hired Garth Snow as GM.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: