Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 04:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just what I needed...  (Read 961 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jul 18, 2008 at 11:59 »

So we went to dinner with our favorite lesbians last night, sort of a joint Finny's upcoming birthday and actual lesbian birthday combo deal.  (They asked how old I was going to be and naturally I docked 10 years off my age.  This didn't phase them, so I told them I was lying.  "But you're not 40 yet, right?"  No, dears, I'll be forty fucking FOUR.  God bless 'em, they made me feel good.  To buy that I was 34...)

We went to an upscale Mexican place, which is really the best place for Mexican around.  There are some places that are your basic rice-beans and various interchangeable gloppy things in tortillas.  El Sol is really focused on fresh, real food.  We had some garlicky mushroom appetizers and various salsas -- the guac was super fresh, and the pico de gallo was really good -- and I had a flank steak made with mexican spices.  Just excellent.  

But what caught my eye was the booze page.  

Just what I need, another kind of goddamn booze to love.  As you undoubtedly know, El Finny is a fish.  I like tequila and all, margaraitas are fine every once in a while (NOT the crushed ice bedevilments served at TGIF ad nauseam, but rather the ones on the rocks), but it's not a compulsion.  Anyhoo, they sold flights of tequila, just like other places sell flights of wine...  You get this metal "tree" with 3 shots of tequila, limes, and a palate-cleanser of Clamato (?).  Well, I read the descriptions, and while I have enjoyed some nice reposados, I learned that anejo tequila is aged even longer.

Bingo.

Here's tequila that's a sippin' tequila, and can be served as proudly as a brilliant Scotch or bourbon.  Seriously.  Didn't even use the limes and salt.  That'd be like serving MacCallan 12 year old with a twist -- sacrilege.  One shot each of Gran Centano anejo, Cazadores anejo, and Herradura anejo, and these were fucking smooth.  Smooth, smoky, complex, different.  You could taste some of those barrel-aged components: beyond smoke, you got caramels, and all kinds of other funky flavors like vanilla.

Still, they didn't fuck me up.  I had the shots with appetizers and one beer with dinner, so I was totally unfazed, just real mellow.  Might have to get me some anejo on the way home...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 12:40 »

Give us the rest of the story man?

Like when the gassy lesbos joined you and the gopher lover in the hot tub.

Did you never read Forum?
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 12:43 »

He did mention the "palate-cleanser of Clamato."  :P  

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 14:02 »

He did mention the "palate-cleanser of Clamato."  :P
Outstanding!

Not much to tell on the Forum-style lesbo front, although the one we dined with is smokin'.  They have all sorts of parties and picnics where I'm the or one of the token dudes.  The smokin' one had her 40th birthday at a club, and I show up wearing an Obama T shirt.  You have to understand something here.  You know how Obama's winning like 95% of the black vote?  Well, 99.99999999999% of the lez vote is/was for Hillary.  So there was a lot of in-your-face stuff from them.  And it wasn't all that good-natured.  "Get that shirt off" was not being uttered in jest.  They HATE Obama, basically since he knocked their bish out of the running.  What can I say, I like the dude, PLUS he was in town a few blocks away giving a speech, which I slipped out of the party to attend.

Some noteworthy moments came later, when a bit of alcohol had been downed, and I took a Hillary sticker and put it on my butt.  You have to envision me, wiggling my ass, with about a dozen lesbos chasing after trying to grab it.  The sticker, not my ass.  Howls and laughter.  I won the militant chicks over with my sass and insouciance.

Much later.  Birthday girl was, errr, ripped.  And she was telling me and the missus what good friends we were.  

And boys, let me tell you.  She wanted me.  I could tell.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 14:56 »

It's amazing the difference in the anejo takillya, ain't it?  And you're right, don't slam it down like you would some Cuervo.  Sip that stuff, it's tasty.  And damn pricey.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 15:10 »

It's amazing the difference in the anejo takillya, ain't it?  And you're right, don't slam it down like you would some Cuervo.  Sip that stuff, it's tasty.  And damn pricey.
Sippin' for shizzle.  

Makes blanco seem like rotgut.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:07 »

There's so much material in this thread, I seriously don't know where to start.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 10:09 »

It was all a wily ruse for me to bust my back moving them...

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:07 »

SING WILLY ROOS !!!!1111
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jul 21, 2008 at 11:11 »

And boys, let me tell you. She wanted me. I could tell.

Way to turn the lesbo back, Cosmo.

You get major credit in my book for having the testes to go into a lesbo party with an Obama shirt on.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: