Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 17:50 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyson Chicken Plant Drops Labor Day  (Read 805 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Aug 05, 2008 at 06:44 »

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...801019/1002/rss

Simply. absolutely. ridiculous.

Why the union would allow it to happen, and include it in the collective bargaining? IT'S LABOR DAY, a union created Federal holiday!
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 at 06:46 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 08:25 »

Hey, let's replace a secular holiday with a religious holiday!  Wheeeee!  Surely it won't bother anyone!?

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 08:57 »

To be fair, according to the article, more than half of the plant's employees are Muslim, and if majority rules...

Looks like Labor day was the existing holiday closest to the day in question.  And, it's likely the least offensive one to take away.  Imagine if they had removed Christmas?  Memorial Day?  Independence day?  Thanksgiving?  
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 09:31 »

My sources tell me that Casey Hampton wants that plant running 24/7.  
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 09:41 »

To be fair, according to the article, more than half of the plant's employees are Muslim, and if majority rules...

Looks like Labor day was the existing holiday closest to the day in question.  And, it's likely the least offensive one to take away.  Imagine if they had removed Christmas?  Memorial Day?  Independence day?  Thanksgiving?
It's majority rules when in this instance, but how about other instances when a small fraction are offended or affected and rules get changed to accommodate? I did read that part, which is why I can't believe the union would back it....Even with the majority of the plant employees being Muslim.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 10:10 »

Looks like Labor day was the existing holiday closest to the day in question.  And, it's likely the least offensive one to take away.  Imagine if they had removed Christmas?  Memorial Day?  Independence day?  Thanksgiving?
It's majority rules when in this instance, but how about other instances when a small fraction are offended or affected and rules get changed to accommodate? I did read that part, which is why I can't believe the union would back it....Even with the majority of the plant employees being Muslim.
You mean like the minority of employees who aren't Christian, and get Christmas and Easter off but not their particular holidays?  Shoe on other foot?

I think we should all ADD Eid, and not drop another holiday.  Happy Ramadan!  Finny's drunk!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 10:27 »

You mean like the minority of employees who aren't Christian, and get Christmas and Easter off but not their particular holidays?
Yeah, pretty much.  :)

Where's Jessica's Hubby when I need him? :ban:  

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: