Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 23:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jax tix  (Read 597 times)
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« on: Aug 05, 2008 at 16:33 »

Trying to buy tix....Good God they're pricey for nosebleeds.  Just need to know what side is more B&G, if anyone can help...
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 at 16:34 by VanWilder » Logged

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 16:45 »

I'm not sure what your asking for exactly, tix for the Jax game or what side to sit on?  If your asking for tix, I have no extras, sorry.

If your asking about which side to sit on, I have season tickets on the east side, but I've also sat on the west side and it's really no different when it comes to home/away team fan comparison.  It depends on who we are playing.  When Jacksonville comes up here, there are zero Jax fans in attendance.  Hell, they are having a hard enough time packing their own stadium.  

Eitherway, at times we have fans from the opposing team in our section and they get taunted to hell and back....all in fun and with class, unless they are Philly fans who I see getting thrown out every time they visit our house.  It tends to get a little ugly with those people.  Zero class and respect.  Big mouths.  We love it though.  When fans/fresh fish decide to park themselves in our section.  It's huntin' season.

Overall though, your good to go on either side in my opinion and from my experience.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 at 16:49 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 16:53 »

Was looking for which side to sit on, appreciate the info.  They seem to be around the same price on either side, just looking for "friendly's".  

Not that Jax isn't Pittsburgh South anyways...I might just petition the NFL to let the Steelers wear the home Jerseys.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 17:12 »

Was looking for which side to sit on, appreciate the info.  They seem to be around the same price on either side, just looking for "friendly's".  

Not that Jax isn't Pittsburgh South anyways...I might just petition the NFL to let the Steelers wear the home Jerseys.
Doah, misunderstanding.  I thought you were coming up here for a game.  That's what I was talking about.....Heinz Field.  No idea what's going on down in Jax with tickets/seats.  Sorry about that.  It's been a long day...lol.

Anyways, good luck, have fun, root our boys on in errr...'enemy territory'?  Can you consider it that?  Have fun brother and I hope you can make it to a game back up in the Holy Land.
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 18:00 »

I would be happy man to go to a Heinz game...$ of tix + 200orwhatever % increase in airfare = not happening anytime soon.  I'll have to mak due with Jacksonburgh.

Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 18:01 »

I've been to the last 2 Steeler games in Jacksonville (my brother-in-law moved from Jacksonville to Pheonix so now he has Cardinal season tickets) and it seemed the black-an-gold was pretty well spread out. My first game in Jax (2005) the place was about a 50/50 fan split. If you didn't know better, you'd have thought you were in the Burgh. My last game (2006) the locals had a big media push to keep Steeler fans at a minimum, and to their credit, I'd say the split was more like 80/20 toward the Jags. The Steeler fans were still more vocal and there were enough terrible towels waving that I never felt isolated. I did get some rude comments thrown my way when I used my brother-in-law's "Jaguar Club" discount card at one of the consession stands while wearing a Roethlisberger jersey.

Funny thing about Jacksonville, the only tailgating being done was by Steeler fans. Jags fans just show up at kickoff and go home immediately after the game.

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 05, 2008 at 18:09 »

I've been to the last 2 Steeler games in Jacksonville (my brother-in-law moved from Jacksonville to Pheonix so now he has Cardinal season tickets) and it seemed the black-an-gold was pretty well spread out. My first game in Jax (2005) the place was about a 50/50 fan split. If you didn't know better, you'd have thought you were in the Burgh. My last game (2006) the locals had a big media push to keep Steeler fans at a minimum, and to their credit, I'd say the split was more like 80/20 toward the Jags. The Steeler fans were still more vocal and there were enough terrible towels waving that I never felt isolated. I did get some rude comments thrown my way when I used my brother-in-law's "Jaguar Club" discount card at one of the consession stands while wearing a Roethlisberger jersey.

Funny thing about Jacksonville, the only tailgating being done was by Steeler fans. Jags fans just show up at kickoff and go home immediately after the game.

Good times...

Makes me curious what kind of split it woud be if there was a media push for Steeler fans at an away game.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2008 at 18:14 by VanWilder » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: