Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 22:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To tailgate or not to tailgate  (Read 494 times)
kchopsteel

« on: Aug 08, 2008 at 07:33 »

I scored tickets to the Giants game. Wifey and I are staying at the Hilton in the heart of downtown across the river from the stadium. I have been to the Burgh a few times but I vaguely remember where we parked. I am wondering if it would be worth my while to pull the family truckster out of the hotel garage and find somewhere that is not pre paid to park or if it is possible to get a parking pass that isn't for the whole season to park in one of those lots. I know the game is still a few months away but any preparations I can make now is good for me. I really want to tailgate but I just don't want it to be the biggest pain in the ass knowing that this game is going to be huge.  

I am the Padiddle champion
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 08, 2008 at 07:58 »

That's the game the Mrs. and I are going to try to get tix for...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
kchopsteel

« Reply #2 on: Aug 08, 2008 at 08:04 »

I actually got them through ticketmaster at face value which was a bonus and the hotel was free, via mom-in-law, so i'm really lucking out right now. I am just stumped about the tailgaiting thing or do I buy passes to the VIP party. Has anyone ever been to one of those. It would set me back $170 but if its worth it I don't mind.

Also E-bay is a good place to get tix, I've always done well getting them off of their.

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008 at 08:05 by kchopsteel » Logged

I am the Padiddle champion
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 08, 2008 at 08:11 »

Yeah, when the tickets went on sale we had a bunch of crazy shit going down, but now the missus is psyched to see a game.  And the Giants will be close to our anniversary, so, since she suggested it...   ;)  

Anyway, don't know what to tell ya on the 'gating.  I'd be happy to bring some fine roadkill to grill...  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 08, 2008 at 08:22 »

If I were you, since your only coming in for one game, I would find a lot and just tailgate.  We tend to switch it up from week to week.  At times we tailgate and other times we just park across the street from the Hilton, eat and drink at a nearby joint (Primanti's in M. Square), make the long but enjoyable walk through the point and across the river and head in about a half hour before KO.

The lots around the Science Center do the trick for us and we have season tix.  We just figure when we feel like tailgating, instead of paying for a parking pass we might as well park in lot G33 or around there depending, set up shop and when it's close to kickoff we walk a block and a half and we are at Heinz.

That's just my suggestion.
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2008 at 08:33 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: