Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 00:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, There's A Steelers Game On Friday  (Read 2434 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #10 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 10:23 »

LMAO! That is hysterical. You have made my bad day. Thanks Oat. :)

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 11:19 »

Big Ben to start in limited action on Friday
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Even though he has been limited in practice the past four days because of a groin injury, Ben Roethlisberger will start and probably play no more than one series in Friday night's preseason opener against the Philadelphia Eagles at Heinz Field, Coach Mike Tomlin said this morning.

Tomlin said all four quarterbacks are scheduled to play against the Eagles, with the order being Roethlisberger, veteran Charlie Batch, rookie Dennis Dixon and free-agent rookie Mike Potts. Tomlin, though, said Roethlisberger will "probably not" play more than a series.

Four players have already been ruled out of the game -- Pro Bowl safety Troy Polamalu, Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton, safety Anthony Smith and tight end Cody Boyd. Polamalu and Hampton remain on the physically unable to perform list.

Rookie Rashard Mendenhall, the team's No. 1 draft pick, is among three players who are scheduled to return kickoffs, along with newcomer Mewelde Moore and wide receiver Willie Reid.

Moore, who was signed in free agency from the Vikings, will return punts with former Pro Bowl returner Eddie Drummond, who was signed last week; and former Olympic skier Jeremy Bloom.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08219/902204-66.stm
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 11:23 »

Rookie Rashard Mendenhall, the team's No. 1 draft pick, is among three players who are scheduled to return kickoffs, along with newcomer Mewelde Moore and wide receiver Willie Reid.

OK.  OK.

Odds Wille "no, not that Willie" Reid muffs or fumbles a KO or PR?

Who's willing to give me 10:1 it happens?  5:1?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 11:28 »

I heard they were playing Friday, so I set it up to record last night.  Kind of early, 5:30 here and 7:30 eastern.  It is on NFL Network for those not in the Pittsburgh area.
Thanks for the info, BV.  I was just going to ask that.

Are all of their non-nationally televised games going to be broadcast on the 212 in real time?  In past years, I seem to remember the NFL network doing reruns of games, but that usually meant you had to wait a day or two to watch a game to which you already knew the outcome.
I'm in NC, and last year the direct feeds of Steeler Preason on FSN Pitt were blacked out -- I was forced to watch the taped rebroadcasts (which I DVR) on the NFL Channel.

Not sure why sometimes I am allowed to watch FSN Pittsburgh, and sometimes not. For instance, The Mike Tomlin weekly press conference is blacked out live, but I can watch in on Savran (which I also DVR).

Anyone know what the deal is?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #14 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 12:33 »

Anyone know what the deal is?
It is an NFL deal. If you are not considered to be in the "market", you miss out on preseason games and press conferences. You aren't supposed to be a Steeler fan in NC, you are supposed to like the Panthers...So say the powers that be.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 13:40 »

I am supposed to get it on my cable company through FSN Pittsburgh, but since I am in Parkersburg, WV, my guess is it will be blacked out.....grrrrr :bang:
So your cable carrier doesn't have NFLN?  I assume if you get FSNPitt you have cable.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 13:40 »

This sucks! I have to be at the Va. Beach Oceanfront with a bunch of Irish dancers on Friday night. I think I'll wander along Atlantic Avenue & find a bar with the game! And I WILL be sporting some Black & Gold...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
KeystoneKC
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 14:47 »

This sucks! I have to be at the Va. Beach Oceanfront with a bunch of Irish dancers on Friday night. I think I'll wander along Atlantic Avenue & find a bar with the game! And I WILL be sporting some Black & Gold...
How are things going at the new digs VaBch?  I don't get to yap at 'ya anymore?

Cleveland:  The only NFL city to never play in, or host, a Superbowl.  That bears repeating.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 14:48 »

I have to be at the Va. Beach Oceanfront with a bunch of Irish dancers on Friday night.

Riverdance meets Party Hardcore.
VaBchSteelersfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #19 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 15:46 »

KC, I have that great big 'L' tattooed on my butt now! It's a whole new world here and I miss you guys but life goes on and it was a VERY good move for me.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 4th round draft pick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: