Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 05:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, There's A Steelers Game On Friday  (Read 2367 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2008 at 17:25 »

I am supposed to get it on my cable company through FSN Pittsburgh, but since I am in Parkersburg, WV, my guess is it will be blacked out.....grrrrr :bang:
So your cable carrier doesn't have NFLN?  I assume if you get FSNPitt you have cable.
Don't even get me started about my cable company not having NFL Network. Pisses me off. Still won't budge, they used to have it, charged $5 a month for the Sports Tier, but apparently NFL Network wants to be on Basic Cable, so BAM! No more NFL Network.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 07:58 »

Use me as a reference when you sign up for DirecTV and I get $50.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #22 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 09:04 »

Would LOVE to, but the missus wants to keep our LAME local programming which DirecTV does not include, so DirecTV for me.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 09:51 »

Would LOVE to, but the missus wants to keep our LAME local programming which DirecTV does not include, so DirecTV for me.
You sure they don't?  Most areas they do carry the locals.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 13:03 »

Yeah, you can now get local with DirecTV. They've fixed it.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #25 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 13:05 »

Still in WV, still no local channels. Fuckers.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 13:34 »

Do you really need the local channels?

Buy her this and by the time she realizes it's not the local WV stations, football season will be in the books.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #27 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 13:41 »

Do you really need the local channels?

Buy her this and by the time she realizes it's not the local WV stations, football season will be in the books.

In my opinion, no. But she wants to watch our local yocals. The only way we can do that is using an antenna, and we can't get a good enough signal. BELIEVE ME, if the missus would be on board, it would be done yesterday.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 13:47 »

We have the Charter bundle (phone, cable, internet) and NFLN jumped ship during the season the Steelers won the belt. Bastards. It had been part of some goofy sports package, but NFLN wants to be offered like ESPN.

Luckily, the guy who manages the bar where we watch the games, signed up for NFLN.  
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #29 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 13:57 »

We have the Charter bundle (phone, cable, internet) and NFLN jumped ship during the season the Steelers won the belt. Bastards. It had been part of some goofy sports package, but NFLN wants to be offered like ESPN.

Luckily, the guy who manages the bar where we watch the games, signed up for NFLN.
That was my situation exactly, we had Charter (now it is SuddenLink).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: