Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 24, 2014 at 02:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, There's A Steelers Game On Friday  (Read 2090 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 14:01 »

Charter service has been pretty reliable for us.

But they don't tell you when your special pricing ends, so you suddenly get hit with an inflated bill. Then I have to call and bitch someone out until they drop it back down. Last time I got them to lock me in for 12 months at one price, but it took some time and a 'transfer to my supervisor'.

I should call before the fact this time...maybe save some phone time.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Aug 07, 2008 at 15:14 »

Still in WV, still no local channels. Fuckers.

Do you really need the local channels?

Buy her this and by the time she realizes it's not the local WV stations, football season will be in the books.

In my opinion, no. But she wants to watch our local yocals. The only way we can do that is using an antenna, and we can't get a good enough signal. BELIEVE ME, if the missus would be on board, it would be done yesterday.

Might not be cost effective now, but "back in the day" when I 1st got DirecTV, there weren't any local channels offered.  I got the lowest base package from the cable co.  It was only the local channels plus a PBS and something else, for $9.99 per month.  So DirecTV was "input 1" and cable was "input 2" on the TV.  Since I watch very little network TV, it was a non-issue but we could still watch the local news.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2008 at 06:10 »

I had Dish Network at first and did the basic cable deal when basic cable was $11, now it is over $25...INSANE.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: