Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 01:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5 Up and 5 Down  (Read 1014 times)
steelers4lyfe333

« on: Aug 08, 2008 at 22:05 »

5 guys who stood out good and 5 who looked like a disappointment after the game vs the Eagles..

5 Up

1. 1st Team Offense being efficient.. Ben being Ben.. Willie looking very good despite people "worrying" about his leg.. O-line looking solid.. Kemo looking good..

2. LB core.. From both Harrisons to Farrior Foote Timmons Woodley and Davis these guys were flying around.. Throw in Humpel as well.. Hustle and athleticism looked very impressive 2nite..

3. Return Game.. Mendy, Drummond and Moore all looked pretty good back there...Looks like a for sure upgrade over the indecisive Rossum..Props to Ernster too.. Was lil worried about him.. Performed lil above average.. His KO through the endzone was a good sign

4. Young Backup DE's... Reffett, McBean, and Clement.. Reffett had a really good push both inside and out.. McBean looked surprisingly good vs the run.. For his size the dude can MOTOR.. Clement also was stout vs the run.. Reffett really stood out..

5. Limas.. Great adjustments while the ball was in the air.. Broke off his route to get open to help Dixon while he was scrambling.. Concentration and hands looked good.. Still has room to grow in his route running ie.. That fade pass..

5 Down

1. The NT's.. Hoke got pushed around down there... Same with Paxton.. Definate weak spot of the front 7 tonight.. Not too worried about it when Casey gets back in
there..

2. William Gay.. I was high on this guy last yr.. Gave too much room out there..Bad positioning.. Maybe just 1st game rust..

3. Jon Dekker... Wow.. I was never big on this guy but he looked bad out there.. Had trouble run blocking.. Dropped a pass.. Guess he's lucky that Cody Boyd is hurt..

4. Tony Hills/ Matt Lentz.. Both had one bad play..Will look real bad in the film room 2morro... Hills looks like he has concentration issues.. Looked real good for a few plays.. Then has a major lapse.. Lentz holding penalty looked pathetic..

5. Jeremy Bloom.. IMO he just looked scared out there.. On that reverse .. I think he could have tried to return his 3rd PR.. Just looked out of his league.. I'd be surprised if he made it past week 2  
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2008 at 07:13 »

Would have to agree with most of those assessments.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2008 at 11:46 »

I don't see how Bloom makes it past the first cut. He got leveled on that end around, and Eddie Drummond and Mewelde Moore both made bigger impacts on their punt returns. Not looking good for Mr. Bloom.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

napgamer
N00b

« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2008 at 12:23 »

Agreed with above esp. about Bloom he just looked plain scared. Even the end around he should have cut in to take what he could get instead of stringing it out further.  

LB Keyaron Fox also looked good always around the ball showing good hustle.

154th NY forever.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2008 at 14:00 »

Thought the 1st team O-line looked awesome on run blocking.  Both FWP and RM looked crisp with cuts and hitting the huge holes opened up.  pass blocking, there wasnt too much to go on except for the first pass to #86.

im not overly concerned ATM about the O-line since the main staple of the steelers O, rushing the ball, probably will not miss a beat.  hopefully it will open up the passing game making pass blocking a little easier.

was happy to see the 1st team D stop them for only 3 points as well.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 09, 2008 at 16:21 »

Thought the 1st team O-line looked awesome on run blocking. Both FWP and RM looked crisp with cuts and hitting the huge holes opened up. pass blocking, there wasnt too much to go on except for the first pass to #86.

im not overly concerned ATM about the O-line since the main staple of the steelers O, rushing the ball, probably will not miss a beat. hopefully it will open up the passing game making pass blocking a little easier.

was happy to see the 1st team D stop them for only 3 points as well.

I was more disappointed in the dline than anything else.  I know Snack is missing, but dang...SOMEONE else stand up and make a play.

I thought our interior line looked better than expected, but that group still makes me nervous.  I will be very interested to see how it all shakes out.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 10, 2008 at 16:12 »

Iggles releasd KVO...he must be 36 years old but has to be better than Eason as a run stopper.  Likely Kirschke

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 10, 2008 at 17:09 »

In all seriousness, SING.  KEMO.  NOW.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 00:40 »

Gay will be fine... Might be starting next to Ike next year!

I liked Drummond alot; Moore too; Kerian Fox was very good on D and ST.   All three will probably make it.

DL sans Snack was putrid.  Seems to be draft day #1 gotta be a DLer... Pray that Snack has a couple years left in the tank and doesn't get hurt.

Hard to believe Mendenhall is only 20 .... needs a little work, but no doubt a great Willie compliment and probable replacement in a few years.

Hope to see Limas in working w/ the first team next week- looks solid.

I've been saying Kemo needs extended asap as well... the entire line looked great- even Mahan, against a tough Philly D-line.  Hard for me to believe it was basically the same line that got bullied last year.  Maybe Zeirlen's philosophy is working well...  Did you see Max at LT?  Marvel's heir apparent.

Can't wait to see Hartwig working w/ first teamers too.  
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 11, 2008 at 10:16 »

In all seriousness, SING.  KEMO.  NOW.
Co-muddafuggin'-sign that.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: