Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 05:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Preseason Game #4 - Panthers @ Steelers  (Read 951 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 25, 2014 at 21:41 »

if it ain't broke...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2014 at 10:47 »

Don't see what playing BBR in this game would accomplish.  If the O is as dysfunctional as we saw vs. the Eagles, a half of preseason action ain't gonna fix it.  And if not as dysfunctional as we believe it to be, then no worries, right? 

The Bradford injury serves as reminder that you can screw the entire season in one meaningless game.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2014 at 14:28 »

Don't see what playing BBR in this game would accomplish.  If the O is as dysfunctional as we saw vs. the Eagles, a half of preseason action ain't gonna fix it.  And if not as dysfunctional as we believe it to be, then no worries, right? 

The Bradford injury serves as reminder that you can screw the entire season in one meaningless game.

I somewhat disagree.

I think they need to take however many series' it takes to get Ben and the O in sync.  Most teams don't do much with their starters in the 4th preseason game because they're usually up to speed by that point.  To me, this team isn't.  Maybe some extra reps get them over the hump and it clicks?

Of course, there's always the risk that in doing so, Pouncey or DeCastro get blown up and roll up on Ben's knee, but to be fair, you could say that about any of the preseason games.

The preseason is for ironing out the kinks.  Might take 1 game, might take 4.  Keep at it 'til it's at an acceptable level.

Shit, last season it took them all preseason and what, 2 or 3 games in the regular season before they woke the fuck up.  Maybe having to suit up and actually play for a quarter or a half of the last preseason game will get their asses in gear.

This team needs some kinda shake up.  Enough with the lolleygaggin'...

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:02 »

Didn't quite watch to the end, but I really like Shade Tree.   He is killing the double team and slides down the line to stop RBs.  Hate to get too happy off a preseason game, but I can see him starting at NT at some point and doing better than Mac.

Landry Jones looked better than I remember seeing.  Which ain't sayin' much.  At this point, Brendon Kay has a better appreciation for the speed of the game.  I'd keep Kay over Jones.

Signing Keisel was a good idea.

Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 08:07 »

Yeah Kay showed more in his few snaps than Jones showed me all preseason.  Jones just has zero awareness, zero mobility, just a bad quarterback all around.

Should just keep 2 QBs and give a roster spot to a 6th WR or extra linebacker.  Gradkowski would give us a punchers chance against some bottom feeders for a few games but we'd be better off signing a scrap heap guy if he and Ben both go down.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:17 »

Yeah Kay showed more in his few snaps than Jones showed me all preseason.  Jones just has zero awareness, zero mobility, just a bad quarterback all around.

Should just keep 2 QBs and give a roster spot to a 6th WR or extra linebacker.  Gradkowski would give us a punchers chance against some bottom feeders for a few games but we'd be better off signing a scrap heap guy if he and Ben both go down.

As mentioned, if the Clowns cut Shaw, I'd rather have him over Jones. 

Also, some talk that the Pastries might cut Mallett in favor of Garrapopatamus.  If that happens, jump on that shit.  Might be worth it for the inside scoop on Bellychuckle's locker room alone.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 10:21 »

I think Kay is worth putting on a 10-man PS.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: