Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 28, 2014 at 23:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nov. 30 - Week 13 - Saints @ Steelers, 1:00 p.m.  (Read 736 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2014 at 21:47 »

I like these two paragraphs from
http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2014/11/25/7280049/the-time-has-come-for-the-rebuilding-efforts-among-the-steelers

With five games to go, the Steelers' defense will have some depth options heading into their next two games. While Jones won't play in Week 13, he could be back in Week 14 against Cincinnati, a team that may have lost right tackle Andre Smith for the season. With Jones going at Andrew Whitworth and Jason Worilds going after a backup, it would seem the Steelers' front-three combination of a healthy McLendon and the continued improvement of Tuitt and McCullers might give veterans Cam Heyward and Brett Keisel a big boost.

Shazier's athleticism and familiarity with the defense will be challenged on Sunday when Saints tight end Jimmy Graham gets on the field, but a healthy Ike Taylor on the outside could move William Gay back to his best spot, inside, to help with high-low coverage on Graham.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2014 at 07:52 »

That looks about right, since 2012

Record against losing teams (-.499): 11 - 9 / .550
Record against awful teams (-.250): 6 - 4 / .600

Barely :500 against shitty teams they should have dominated.  Where the blame lies for that, I don't know.  Mainly against the roster, I suspect. 

:nolongerscreamingburn itdown:

And, for Tomlin's tenure:

Record against awful teams (-.250): 21 - 6 / .778

Flirting with 80%.  Not terrible...not awesome either, but nowhere near as bad as its been portrayed.  I think I'll give that article its own thread later.  Worthwhile information, IMO.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2014 at 09:46 »

This one feels like a loss.  Two weeks to prepare and the Saints coming off a short week, so of course we will come out in the first half and look like a monkey trying to fuck a coconut.  Probably be down something like 14-0 before my first bathroom break and 21-3 at halftime.

Then comes the feverish comeback, getting it close, but the Saints hang on 35-31.  And we'll all think that we can finally stop caring, until we come out and beat Cincinnati on the road next weekend.

Then the vicious cycle can continue.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Yesterday at 14:56 »

Two weeks to prepare and the Saints coming off a short week, so of course we will come out in the first half and look like a monkey trying to fuck a coconut. 

Yeah this should set up to be perfect for a win. Two weeks rest, fistful of starters back, at home against a dome team on a short week after playing the Ravens, who tend to beat teams up win or lose.  But just as likely to blow it.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #14 on: Today at 08:42 »

That looks about right, since 2012

Record against losing teams (-.499): 11 - 9 / .550
Record against awful teams (-.250): 6 - 4 / .600

Barely :500 against shitty teams they should have dominated.  Where the blame lies for that, I don't know.  Mainly against the roster, I suspect. 

:nolongerscreamingburn itdown:

Unfortunately 5 W and 5Ls against teams with a winning % under .500 and above .250 doesn't get you to playoffs; same with a 6-4 record against the bottom teams. 

I'd also love to see margin of victory considered; not because it matters but often those 3 point wins against teams like the lowly titans have the feel of a loss, often influencing our perception.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: