Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 15:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2008 PRESEASON - at Buffalo (in Toronto)  (Read 5674 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 10:41 »

The game wasn't "blacked out" it just wasn't nationally televised.

The game was scheduled to be shown live on FSN Pitt and it was blacked out. I assumed they would only black it out in the Pittsburgh area, where it would also be shown on KDKA. A buddy of mine ordered the sports package for DTV just before kickoff, only to find out the game was blacked out on FSN Pitt. I was watching the FSN pre-game show at the bar and then blacked out when the clock struck 6:30pm.
Yeah, I've complained of this also...from now on, if you are watching on DirecTV, count on DVR'ing the taped rebroadcast of any game that originally airs on FSN Pittsburgh.

Kinda sucks, but, at least you get to see the game.

Another sucky thing is that on NFL Network re-airings, they flip broadcast teams at halftime, so you are stuck with the opponent's homers for a half.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Aug 22, 2008 at 10:52 »

I can't believe DirecTV determines what station shows the game.  So cable subscribers could wathc the game on FSN Pitt?

Sounds more like NFL Network has the rights to the games.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: