Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 31, 2014 at 17:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bengals want Henry back  (Read 1637 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« on: Aug 19, 2008 at 02:06 »

Chris Henry:  Thug punk who should be wearing black and white stripes instead of orange and black.

Chad Johnson: Unhappy.  Attitude problem.  Doesn't even want to be on the team.

Draft picks this season: Many with very questionable pasts.

Sounds like the same old Bengals to me.  How long until the shit hits the fan in Bungal Land this season?

"The Cincinnati Bengals are close to reaching an agreement with free-agent receiver Chris Henry, Henry's agent Marvin Frazier said Monday. Henry is en route from Charlotte, N.C., to Cincinnati to sign a contract with the team as early as Tuesday, a source told ESPN.com."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3541693

BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 05:01 »

Way to stick to your beliefs Bungals...

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:10 »

Way to stick to your beliefs Bungals...

It's funny, Brown and Lewis went from this back in mid-July.....

"That's all history now," Brown said. "We're going forward and trying to go forward with the kind of guys we can count on, the kind of guys who are not just good players but good citizens."

"His conduct can no longer be tolerated," Brown said at the time. "The Bengals tried for an extended period of time to support Chris and his potentially bright career. We had hoped to guide him toward an appropriate standard of personal responsibility that this community would support and that would allow him to play in the NFL. ... But those efforts end today, as we move on with what is best for our team."

"I'm not interested," Lewis told reporters Tuesday, before the team's annual preseason luncheon. "I don't think it would be productive for our football team. You have to be a productive part to be an NFL player, and there's responsibilities to being an NFL player. It's a privilege, it's not a right. There's a lot that comes with being an NFL football player."

to this....

It's official, Henry resigned: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3542482

As a Steeler fan, I love the signing.  They never learn over there.  They keep drafting future thugs and resigning current thugs.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:19 »

As a Steeler fan, I love the signing.

Not me. I was glad to see him go. Unlike CJ, this guy actually makes plays against us.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:28 »

Not me. I was glad to see him go. Unlike CJ, this guy actually makes plays against us.
True, but I have a feeling the whole team is going to hell in a handbasket this year.  And Tranny won't help.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:29 »

I've got 3to5 odds that he gets arrested at halftime of our next matchup, at which point Roger Goodell has him executed before the 4th quarter.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:32 »

Good for them.  Couldn't happen to a better group of guys.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:42 »

I'm banking on the fact that he can't stay out of trouble long enough to make a play against us.  Going by his past history, I wouldn't be shocked to see him in trouble again by early to mid October.  Once a bum, always a bum in my book.

On top of that, I can't help but ask myself, can T.J. Houshabcdefgh stay healthy all season long while sitting out the last two games with a hamstring?  Can Ocho Stinko can keep his attitude in check?  How's that shoulder injury coming along?  How severe is it?

Yeah, I definately have more worries than Chris Henry rejoining a team that has issues on and off the field.  Like playing the Giants, Patriots and Colts.  IMO, that Bengal team is going to collapse this season because they have not changed their ways.  It's just going to keep getting worse.
« Last Edit: Aug 19, 2008 at 14:44 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 00:50 »

Chad Johnson: Unhappy.  Attitude problem.  Doesn't even want to be on the team.

Wanting off the Bengals does not constitute an attitude problem.  It represents sound judgement.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 20, 2008 at 01:04 »

True, but I have a feeling the whole team is going to hell in a handbasket this year.  And Tranny won't help.
Very true.

I don't care if Chad Johnson plays for the Bengals or Patriots, the attitude that guy has carried is pathetic.  He had no problem when they were making a playoff push in 2005, now he's crying.  Oh wait, he did have a problem when they were in the playoffs, he threw a hissy fit during half time while his team was up against us.  Ward had to deal with some down years, but he kept on keeping on.  I guess Chad can keep on wearing his HOF jacket.  Me, me, me.  

Dude is a dick.  I'm with you, team will implode at some point and it will be fun to watch.  Hopefully I will be able to watch Chad acting like the professional he is by reaming out his QB on the sidelines like he did a few years back?
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2008 at 11:20 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: