Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 20:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bengals: 3-13?  (Read 1199 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Aug 26, 2008 at 08:37 »

They're headed for self-destruction.  Have been for a while.  Their OL isn't what it was, and their defense, well, never was.  Their skill guys are dinged, and it ain't looking good...

BENGALS SHOPPING RUDI?

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2008, 9:03 p.m.
As our friends from Rotoworld have noted in the PFT Fantasy Mill, ESPN

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 08:42 »

Golic was on M&M this a.m. talking about the labrum injury.
No wonder he's been bitchin' and whinin' so much...

I knew a girl that tore her labia.  Wasn't pretty.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 09:00 »

I knew a girl that tore her labia.  Wasn't pretty.
Yeah, you hate to see the old lazy lip.  Never the same, even after they stitch it.  Kinda like Peter when he had a stroke in the Family Guy and his face was all droopy.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 09:04 »

Off topic, but since you brought up Golic Finny. He also said that Strahan coming back was different than Favre coming back in that, <rough quote>"Favre was coming back because he loves the game and wasn't ready to quit, and Strahan would be coming back solely for the money."</rough quote> What a bunch of shit that statement was. Why wouldn't Strahan have strong feelings for helping the Giants out in a situation where they have just lost Umenyiora for the year? Why is he just wanting money? Seems a bit short sighted on Golic's part IMO.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 09:11 »

Yeah, I don't think Strahan will come back, but that's beside the point.  

There's a lot of behind-the-scenes politics with the Favre thing.  With Strahan, I think it was more cut and dried, just a case of the time being right.  So maybe that's where Golic was going.  But both guys love the game, and leave/left the game with no small measure of regret.  And both guys like getting those fat paychecks.  It's all in the mix.  Favre isn't some freaking shining knight and Strahan some mercenary.

bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 09:19 »

Two years ago I tore my labrum and had an aroscopy to fix it up.  The injury is painful only when the shoulder is manipulated in certain angles.  I went about life normally, but if I fully extended the arm and tried to lift it above my head, I couldn't get it past parallel with the ground.  Trying to reach up in the cabinet for a beer mug or trying to toss a baseball brought on pain that made me sick to my stomach.  I tried a bunch of strength training to build up the muscles and the rotator cuff in the shoulder to alleviate the pain associated with the "popping" but to no avail.  So I understand his injury and what he's going through.  I don't know how this guy plans to reach up in the air for a ball over his head if he in fact does have a torn labrum.  I'm not sure I can fathom any medical device that can be worn to allow this guy to play.  If he tries to gut it out, it's only human for him to shy away from that shoulder when run blocking or reaching with "alligator arms" on balls over the middle.

And an aside on the Chris Henry thing.  This team claims they brought him back b/c of the injuries to Chad Johnson and Housh.  I'm not buying it because Chris Henry is suspended the first four games of the season, and last I heard, Housh would be back before then.  They suffered this negative PR for a guy who can't play in a quarter of the season.  If they truly needed a WR because of these injuries, they should have brought in someone who can play in week 1 if Johnson and Housh can't go.

I'd wish this team a 3 win season, but they don't even deserve that much.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 11:38 »

There's a lot of behind-the-scenes politics with the Favre thing.
Funny you should mention that.  When I was in New Orleans I sat at the bar talking football with guy from Mississippi who was from one town over from Favre.  Needless to say he thought #4 was jesus pig fricking vomit christ himself.  It was the day before the Jets deal, so Favre's status was still up in the air, and this guy's take was that in fact it was Aaron Rodgers who forced Favre out.  Something about a contract year and Rodgers saying he wouldn't resing if they brought Bretty Boy back.  

He was a really nice guy otherwise so I didn't let him see me snicker at the idea that Rodgers has the leverage to force management's hand.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 11:58 »

There's a lot of behind-the-scenes politics with the Favre thing.

Funny you should mention that.  When I was in New Orleans I sat at the bar talking football with guy from Mississippi who was from one town over from Favre.  Needless to say he thought #4 was jesus pig fricking vomit christ himself.  It was the day before the Jets deal, so Favre's status was still up in the air, and this guy's take was that in fact it was Aaron Rodgers who forced Favre out.  Something about a contract year and Rodgers saying he wouldn't resing if they brought Bretty Boy back.  

He was a really nice guy otherwise so I didn't let him see me snicker at the idea that Rodgers has the leverage to force management's hand.

THEE LASS LAFF IS ON YOU, PINSDOTTY!!!!!!!!!11

IT TURN OUT THAT ERIN RUDYARDS IS ACTUALLY NONE OTHER THAN NICKLAUS CAGE, CAREFLY RESEARCHING A ROLE FORA FILM WHERE HE PLAYS A QUATTEBACK, IF YOU DON;T THINK HE HAS SOME STRINGS TO PULL, UMM >>>HELLO<<< HIS ONCLE IS FRANKLIN FORDS CLOPPULA... DO I RALLY NEED TO SPELL THIS OUT FOR YOU... THE GOODFATHER... BERTT FARVE DIDN'T WANT TO END UP LIKE JFK KENNEDDENY...  OR JAMES EARL HOFFA...

THINK I'M LYING?  WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ERIN RUDYARD AND NICKLAUS CAGE TOGETHER?

wAX SATATUE OF NICLAUS CLAGE

ERIN RODYARD

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 12:07 »

YORE AN IDOT FEMSKINWACK OR WHATEVR EVRY1NE NOSE MICLEMAS GAGE IS SEAN TARVELOTA KNOT EILEEN LODGERS EVR SEEN FACEOFT????????????//

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Aug 26, 2008 at 13:30 »

YORE AN IDOT FEMSKINWACK OR WHATEVR EVRY1NE NOSE MICLEMAS GAGE IS SEAN TARVELOTA KNOT EILEEN LODGERS EVR SEEN FACEOFT????????????//
WELLLLLL HELLLO PANDOWDY, KING OF THE ODIOTS... YOU BIN HERE WHAT 7 MUMFS AND YOU STILL CANT' SPELL MY NAME RITE, WOW, YOU MUSSA BEEN HOME SKOOL BY YOUR PET DOG.  THE NAME IS F-I-N-N-G-A-N-S-W-E-R-S-Q-A-U-L-K, MORAN...

WHAT I WANNA KNOW IS WHY WE DINT SINE TOMMY GUN WHEN CHARLEY "THE ASSHOLZ" BATCH WNT DOWN, THAT GUY IS MORE FRAGILE THEN KIJOHNNY CARTER HOLDING A TRAY OF KRISTAL FINGURINES...  ELFWHICH AK.A GERRY COLDMAN A.K. TELEVISIONS' "WESTER" COODEN EVEN WIN THE JOB OVER JOY HARNINGTON, WTF (A.KA. WHAT THE F&^#u$) DID WE SINE HIM FOR?

WE SHOULD TRADE RANDOLF MENTANHALLS FOR RUDI JACKSON STRAIGHT YP, UMM, MENTANHALL HAS MORE FUMBLES THAN TDS, CAN>>>YOU>>>SAY...BUSSED?!?!?!/////  RUDI IS THE POWERHOSE WE BIN LOOKIN FOR SINCE JERMOE BETTIST.  AND LEMME TELL YA, SOME VERY SMART TEAM WILL SING TY LAW SOON AND WIN THE SUPPER BLOW, WE OUTTA SING HIM NO MATTER WHAT, IF IT COST US THREE FIRST ROUND PICK I DON'T CARE...

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: