Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 22, 2014 at 23:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone 3G  (Read 407 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Aug 28, 2008 at 10:45 »

I resisted iPods and the initial iPhone. Have mp3 players not associated with Apple. had a MobilePC windows based smart phone (Cingular 8125, now the AT&T Tilt). I really tried to stay away from the iPhone. I didn't want to be a sheep. I bought a Samsung Blackjack II phone to replace my 8125 a couple of Fridays ago. Before I made a call on it, after I took it home, I realized I HATED that phone, and took it back that Monday.

So I caved. I bought the iPhone 3G. And let me say this. It is quite frankly the. best. phone. ever.

There are a couple of irritating things about it:

1) You cannot have any new ringtone on the phone that wasn't purchased at the iTunes Store. You have to buy the song first, then convert it to 30 second ringtone, costs $1.98 when it is all said and done. <==Most irritating.
2) Battery gets used up really fast, have to charge it every 2 days or so. This is probably because I am using it so damn much. No fault of the phone.

Even with those two quirks, it is definitely the best phone I have ever owned. I highly recommend it. Be a sheep. Hell, the missus even is talking about getting one, and she wasn't at all interested in a smart phone until now.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2008 at 10:46 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: