Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 30, 2014 at 18:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who will Obama select as running mate?
Sen. and Former Gov. Evan Bayh, IN - 0 (0%)
Sen. Joe Biden, Del. - 2 (22.2%)
Mayor Michael Bloomberg (I), New York - 0 (0%)
Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, NY - 0 (0%)
Sen. Chris Dodd, CT - 0 (0%)
Former Sen. John Edwards, NC - 2 (22.2%)
Sen. Chuck Hagel (R), NE - 1 (11.1%)
Gov. Tim Kaine, VA - 0 (0%)
Gov. Janette Napolitano, AZ - 0 (0%)
Former Sen. Sam Nunn, GA - 0 (0%)
Gov. Bill Richardson, NM - 3 (33.3%)
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, KS - 0 (0%)
Gov. Tim Vilsack, IA - 0 (0%)
Sen. Jim Webb, VA - 1 (11.1%)
Rep. Robert Wexler, FL - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama's Veep?  (Read 2520 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Jun 21, 2008 at 11:26 »

Dodd crapped his pants with that Countrywide mortgage.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jul 01, 2008 at 13:46 »

Did Wes Clark's statement that McCain being a POW doesn't mean he's got good presidential decision-making hurt him?  Don't think so.  Might not endear him to the right-leaning crowd, but IMO it's true: being a POW means you served your country, not that you'd make a good president.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #12 on: Jul 01, 2008 at 17:26 »

And to be fair to Wesley Clarke (a Dem I am not a fan of, but I try to be fair), he was reacting to the question/statement Bob Scheffer <sp> made. Had he just came out and said that out of the blue, I can see the big deal, Scheffer was saying  basically that being shot down would be a qualification. In fact it is not.

Vote Bob Barr.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
ajv148

« Reply #13 on: Aug 23, 2008 at 06:39 »

Biden it is...

Smart choice, I think.  Biden is a guy that covers a lot of Obama's perceived weaknesses, ie experience and foreign policy.

Thoughts?
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #14 on: Aug 23, 2008 at 08:04 »

One of the problems with Biden is that Obama is talking 'change". And selected an old white guy as a weep isn't really change now is it? I think I saw though were Obama was talking about what kind of change, he said a change from George W. Bush. Well, January 2009 will bring a change from GWB regardless of who is elected. Incidentally Obama's plan on taxes is to raise the upper tax bracket from 39% to 52%. I am not even remotely close to the upper tax bracket, but that is flat out an unfair tax rate.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Aug 23, 2008 at 14:09 »

Minus being forced out of the 1988 Presidential race because of plagiarism, along with plagiarism while in law school and then making past racial slurs (which tends to be pushed under the carpet as long as your a Democrat), I really don't see the decision hurting Obama.  The only way I can see it hurting him is when it comes to the Hillary supporters.  Besides that, the man has experience and seems to be solid when it comes to foreign policy.  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: