Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 20:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who will McCain select as running mate?
Gov. Haley Barbour, MS - 0 (0%)
Gov. Charlie Crist, FL - 2 (20%)
Gov. Jon Huntsman, UT - 0 (0%)
Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, TX - 1 (10%)
Gov. Bobby Jindal, LA - 0 (0%)
Sen. Joe Lieberman (D), CT - 1 (10%)
Gov. Sarah Palin, AK - 2 (20%)
Gov. Tim Pawlenty, MN - 1 (10%)
Former Gov. Mitt Romney, MA - 1 (10%)
Gov. Mark Sanford, SC - 0 (0%)
Fromer Rep. J.C. Watts, OK - 2 (20%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: McCain's Veep?  (Read 4509 times)
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #50 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 21:42 »

SteelFanFromWayBack, I agree completely with what you said.  The speeches basically boil down to pep rallies for the most part and I felt both gave great speeches.  That doesn't mean one's "my man" or the other's "my girl".  I liked Obama's choice for VP, I guess that makes Biden "my man"? Interesting.

Eitherway, I have issues with both VP and Presidential choices.   Oh well, all that will matter is what occurs come November.  Personally, I already have a good idea of who I'm voting for, but I would like to hear a little more from both men before I make my final decision.
« Last Edit: Sep 06, 2008 at 22:27 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #51 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 23:14 »

I made my mind up a long time ago-- since I live in a red dog state, I ain't voting.

In other words, I'll vote with the electoral college, aka the worst idea ever.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 12:11 »

SFFWB- I agree, the convention speeches are mostly to fire up the bases, but they do outline a general party/candidate platform.

Steel-43 - I apologize for presumptiously refering to Sarah Palin as your girl. Just trying to show that both sides have issues there. Not trying to personally wind you up. I respect your opinion.

Penso- I agree completely that the Electoral College needs to go ASAP. When's the Gooners/ Blues derby the year?
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 06:16 »

When's the Gooners/ Blues derby the year?
Dunno, but it looks like Arsenal will have a tough time even qualifying for Europe this season.  They signed no one this summer.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #54 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:05 »

When's the Gooners/ Blues derby the year?
Dunno, but it looks like Arsenal will have a tough time even qualifying for Europe this season.  They signed no one this summer.
Ya, tough transfer season for Arsenal for sure. Arsene is going to earn his paycheck this year. It looks like the Gooners come to the Bridge on Nov 30th and the Blues go to North London May 9th. That could be interesting. 3rd to last EPL fixture. What do you think of the City takeover? I guess they have 10x the money Roman does. Will really put the squeeze on " budget" teams like Arsenal.
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 00:03 »

Steel-43 - I apologize for presumptiously refering to Sarah Palin as your girl. Just trying to show that both sides have issues there. Not trying to personally wind you up. I respect your opinion.
No problem at all and I'm fully aware that both sides have issues that I do not agree with at all.  That's why I'm still sort of up in the air with who I'm going to choose, but I have a good idea.

I have beliefs that are completely left and I have beliefs that are right.  Although, overall I tend to sway a little right.  I tend to keep an open mind and I have no problem voting for the man and not the party.  I'm not a crazy left loon like Micheal Moore nor am I a crazy right loon like Anne Coulter.  Both scare the shit out me.  

I'm more a Dennis Miller type of a guy. ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2008 at 00:06 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 14:03 »

No problem at all and I'm fully aware that both sides have issues that I do not agree with at all.  That's why I'm still sort of up in the air with who I'm going to choose, but I have a good idea.

I have beliefs that are completely left and I have beliefs that are right.  Although, overall I tend to sway a little right.  I tend to keep an open mind and I have no problem voting for the man and not the party.  I'm not a crazy left loon like Micheal Moore nor am I a crazy right loon like Anne Coulter.  Both scare the shit out me.  

I'm more a Dennis Miller type of a guy. ;)
Welcome to the club...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: