Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 23, 2014 at 02:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dtv nfl package  (Read 1666 times)
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 15:37 »

So VW are you saying you are cancelling?

I fifured I could watch 8 games this year without the ticket.  The Bronco's mostly play the 4:15 time slot, so even if they are playing a NFC team on FOX, and Steelers are nationally televised, I would only get the Bronco game.  This would definitely be a good year not to pay for it.

FYI - once the season starts, you are stuck with it.  Same with Superfan.  Once Sunday rolls around, you are locked in.  If anyone is thinking about cancelling, now is the time.
Now that you brought that to my attention, I think I can give it 1 more year.  It's gonzo next year for sure though....I'm more of a Steeler fan than a fan of the NFL, so the rest of the games I can take or leave.  

That's what I was saying about the single game PPV.  Not that they'd do it, but for my selfish reasoning.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 16:43 »

That's what I was saying about the single game PPV.

That would be sweet if it ever came to fruition.

You can only watch one game at a time anyway, so who the fuck cares that there are 5 others games on you could be watching.

Maybe someday.

VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 17:08 »

You can only watch one game at a time anyway, so who the fuck cares that there are 5 others games on you could be watching.

Maybe someday.
Hells yeah, I'd pay 40 bucks a game...It'd be cheaper than the bar (for me), & if I was out of town I wouldn't have to hunt for a bar....not that it's hard to find a Steeler bar, but still.

and when the gas runs out, just wreck it, you've insured the thing.  -Soul Coughing
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 17:26 »

Hells yeah, I'd pay 40 bucks a game.

I dunno if I'd pay that. Of course, you could just invite the regulars over and have everyone chip in. Just pennies a serving.
VanWilder
Making mulch, Fin.
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 04, 2008 at 18:55 »

Just pennies a serving.
Not if you're tipping the talent....HEY OH!

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 09:34 »

Maybe someday.
Who says you can only watch one game at a time?

With multiple HD tuners, you record one and watch the other one.  When the non recorded one gets to a commercial, you watch the recorded game.  When that gets to a commercial, you flip back to the non recorded one.  Even though it isn't technically recording, you can pause it when you go to the recorded game, so they are both really recording.  This method doesn't let you get too far behind on either game and still know what's going on with each one.

Also, there is the NFL mix channel.  6 or 8 games on the screen at one time.  You move your cursor (arrow key on the remote) to whichever game you want the sound for.  You can technically watch 6-8 games at once on this channel.  Then there is the red zone channel.  They show whatever game has a team in the red zone.

I only watch the Steeler game when it is on, but if they aren't playing the early time slot, I do flip around a lot and watch multiple games.

Otis - it is time to step up!!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 09:40 »

I'm not flipping around during commercials. That's when you piss, grab another cold one & discuss the game with the other guys.

And I didn't buy a 57" TV so I could watch 8 little TVs on the big screen.

Hey BV,

Was talking to my wife's cousin & her husband at the wedding this weekend. They have 18 bikes between them.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 05, 2008 at 11:41 »

That is insane.  You have seen talk shows where people are addicted to shopping and have 250 pairs of shoes?  I think 9 bikes per person is entering that realm.  Are they looking for a 3-some?  Just to share the bikes of course!!!! :pimp:  :shrugs:  :snicker:  :party:  :yeehaw:  

kchopsteel

« Reply #18 on: Sep 06, 2008 at 11:13 »

For all those interested in getting the Sunday Ticket, I just worked over Directv for about $440 worth of incentives. I called them and bitched that new customers get all the good stuff, i.e. free directv for 4 months and a HD/DVR for free if they sign up for the Sunday Ticket. I got that offer in an e-mail and it aggravated the shit out of me.

So I called and asked why new customers get everything and existing customers don't get shit. So the deal I got is as follows.

Free SuperFan $99 value
$20 credit on my bill for the next 6 months $120 value
Free HD service for 12 months $120 value
$99 dollar HD/DVR regularly $199 at Best Buy  $100 Value

Basically I am getting the Sunday Ticket for $38 a month including the superfan. So anybody looking to get a great deal, just give them a call and bitch about how good new customers have it and all you have to say is the magic word cable and you can have it you're way. Let me know if anybody tries this approach.  

I am the Padiddle champion
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 10:12 »

You guys will love this.

I got my new HD DVR Friday when I got home from work.  I got everything plugged into it, except for the power cord.  I have a ginormous surge protector/line conditioner that sits behind the TV.  Could't reach it to plug in the new DVR.  My TV is a projection 1080P DLP.  So, I have to lift up the TV stand less than 1/4 inch to get it to slide on the carpet.  I did one side then the other until it was out far enough to reach the plug.  Plugged it in, and was ready to go.  Turned the TV on, and I got a red indicator light on the front of my TV saying I had a bulb failure.  Friday night beofre the first week of the season.  I can't tell you how close I was to throwing the remote through the plate glass window.

My TV has a 5 year warranty that includes a bulb replacement.  Lst time I checked the bulbs were close to $150.  Don't know if they have come down yet.  So I got set up for the warranty company to ship me a new bulb.  It was going to be 7-10 business days ground shipping or cost me $35 to have it overnight.  Needless to say, I paid $35.  They will ship it today and I'll get it tomorrow.

It turns out that the bulb part of the warranty is only 3 years, and my 3 years is up on Wednesday.  Those bulbs usually last 1.5 to 2 years.  I guess that is the silver lining, but a year from now, I'm going to buy another bulb so I have one on hand.

About a year ago I bought a 35" Vizio 1080i for the bedroom and have an HD DVR up there so I wasn't completely hosed yesterday.  

Mostly a huge hassle and I was sooooo mad I couldn't see straight.

Big Fun!!!!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: