Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 22:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 1 shakes out pretty well  (Read 1169 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:16 »

Looks like the Colts are not who we thought they were, at least not for this week.  

I didn't even know about the Chargers' game when I posted.  This is un-freakin-believable.  With our schedule, we need some teams to blow some games and it sure did happen yesterday.  How in the world did the Bears manage to beat the Colts???  And the Jags lost to the lethal combo of Vince Young/Kerry Collins.

Again, it's way too early to get overhyped...but at the least, it looks like some things are lining up to give us a real shot this year.
the colts will be one of those teams that bounces back.  the jags on the other hand are going to be cellar dwellars in the AFCS this year.  i just dont see them as very dominant at all.  especially with 2 of their offensive guards on IR.

eff Jack del Reamo with a baseball bat

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:28 »

the colts will be one of those teams that bounces back.  the jags on the other hand are going to be cellar dwellars in the AFCS this year.  i just dont see them as very dominant at all.  especially with 2 of their offensive guards on IR.

eff Jack del Reamo with a baseball bat
I second that... You know Peyton and Co will be there at the end. The Jagoffs, however, are going down. As you mentioned, they already have OL injuries and they lost some beef off their DL. Effing Jagoffs...
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:38 »

Jags get beaten by Titans (with whom I am not impressed)

While losing one lineman for the year (Manuwai) and another for at least two months (Williams) in the process.  That's not counting Collier (season) and Meester (possibly 4 weeks).  Jags are hurtin'.

While I'm not ready to call the Steelers the conference champs, it's certainly panning out in our favor.  Hopefully we stay healthy and continue to play the way we did yesterday afternoon.  I still want to see more from the o-line before I start praising them to no end.  Two years of stinking up the joint compared to one well played game doesn't exactly have me popping the champagne and starting up a parade down Grant Street.  
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:41 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: