Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 22:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady goes down!  (Read 3374 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Sep 07, 2008 at 12:51 »

In the 1st quarter today, Tom Brady injured his left knee in an ugly hit. Had to leave the game and very gimpy. Lets hope for a blown ACL.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 13:10 »

In the 1st quarter today, Tom Brady injured his left knee in an ugly hit. Had to leave the game and very gimpy. Lets hope for a blown ACL.
The Vinman curse lives!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 13:48 »

The Vinman curse lives!
Keep up the good work Vin!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 15:41 »

I wish Brady all the best, but I hope for the demise of the Pats.  

If the KC offense wasn't so inept - AND Herm wasn't the worst clock manager in the NFL today, KC easily wins.

Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 18:33 »

Sources: Brady out with ACL tear
By Michael Silver, Yahoo! Sports
19 minutes ago

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady is expected to miss the rest of the 2008 season with what two sources described as a severe injury to his left knee, suffered in the first quarter of the Pats

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 19:02 »

Pretty much what I thought. Looked like an ACL tear all the way. An ESPN source just said a Pats team player told him "Cassel is own QB for the rest of the year"....I feel bad for Tom, but this is great news for the rest of the AFC.

So what does this mean? The Pats certainly have a strong team, but this has got to hurt them. Maybe the Jets or Bills squeak out an AFC East Division title. Now we get to see the great Belichick operate without his Golden Boy.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 19:15 »

Now we get to see the great Belichick operate without his Golden Boy.
Yeah, I been dying to see proof of my hypotheses:

Belicheat is a great defensive coaching mind (when able to cheat, of course), but a mediocre at best HC.    

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 19:19 »

Brady goes down?  We knew that.  Just ask Bruschi...

Karma's a bitch, innit?

I never got to post my predictions, but I was all ready to put the Bills as the surprise upset winners of the AFCE.  Fuckin' fortuitous break, this.  Jets looked lackluster v. Miami; meanwhile, healthy Bills crushed the Whining Seabags.  A new era: all hail, the Queen is dead.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
nate07
N00b

« Reply #8 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 20:41 »

Having Brady go down for the season is like having christmas in September!

I can wait until the pats have to play a decent team unlike the chiefs. I hope teams run up the score every chance they get vs. the pats! hahaha

Every dog has their day.  
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 21:04 »

I'm guessin that Brady's Ankle wont be a problem anymore for him. HEHEHEHE  and its a bout fucking time that team gets hit with a significant injury.

eat it beeeches!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 23:45 »

Adam Sheffter is reporting now the Brady is out for the rest of the season. Seems like its really true.  Sweet...... Chris Simms is flying in for a workout and physical on Monday. Dante Culpepper to Moss deja vu?
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 06:08 »

Treefuckingmendous.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 09:37 »

Patriots | Simms to work out Monday
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 19:06:46 -0700

NBC Sports reports free-agent QB Chris Simms (Buccaneers) will work out for the New England Patriots Monday, Sept. 7.

I can't even begin to describe how happy this makes me.

There IS a God.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 09:51 »

I don't know what's fucking wrong with me.

My first reaction was a shocked "oh, damn..."  And, shortly thereafter, I actually felt a little sorry for the guy.  Figure, he's gone for '08 and he'll be a shell of himself in '09 (see:  McNabb).  Maybe he'll be able to bounce back to 100% by the '10 season, but he'll be what, 33 by then?  He'll have a handful of good years left on what will probably be a totally different team.

Now, the Patriot fans OTOH...can eat shit and die.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 09:54 »

I can't even begin to describe how happy this makes me.

There IS a God.

Well, let's not get TOO giddy yet.  The Pansies play the easiest schedule in the league, which means they'll still win ten games and make the playoffs.  

However, that road just got a lot tougher.  And I certainly don't see them being dominant without Brady.  After all, they struggled to win yesterday and probably should have at least gone OT.  But they'll still win their fair share because they have a whole team full of Messianic Figures.  And heck, everyone on the team is a captain.  Think they get a Captain Hook hat with that title?

I guess I'm pretty evil, but this doesn't bother me in the least.  Not one bit.  This whole "This is a HUGE loss to the NFL" stuff makes me want to puke.  No fan outside of New England sees this as anything but a positive.  All this means is that more teams have a shot, and that gets a lot more fans involved.  I know that I'm more optimistic because of this.

As for Brady, I just don't feel the least bit sorry for him.  He's got three rings, Matt Damon looks, and he's knocking up supermodels.  If he never plays again, he's already had a great football career and can pretty much move on to whatever he wants to do.  Good riddance, pretty boy, there will be no tears shed for you.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 10:01 »

As for Brady, I just don't feel the least bit sorry for him.  He's got three rings, Matt Damon looks, and he's knocking up supermodels.  If he never plays again, he's already had a great football career and can pretty much move on to whatever he wants to do.  Good riddance, pretty boy, there will be no tears shed for you.
Preach, when I read your unsympathetic comment, I tried to imagine what Jesus would do...

And I've come to the conclusion that Jesus would read your comments, nod satisfactorily, then crack open a coupla Iron City's in celebration of your immense wisdom.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:05 »

This whole "This is a HUGE loss to the NFL" stuff makes me want to puke.
Yeah, I will say that crap (along with the Patriot fans...and Rodney Harrison...and Bruschi...and Vrabel...and...) does drive me bonkers.  I eye rolled so much yesterday evening/night that my head hurts this morning.

C'mon, already.  It's not like the dude was in a motorcycle crash and inches from death or anything...
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:06 by aj_law » Logged

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:09 »

Preach, when I read your unsympathetic comment, I tried to imagine what Jesus would do...

And I've come to the conclusion that Jesus would read your comments, nod satisfactorily, then crack open a coupla Iron City's in celebration of your immense wisdom.

I'm just hoping the Lord is as forgiving as you are!

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 13:47 »

The official Pats press conference will be 1pm Eastern.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 14:24 »

Well, its official from the Pats. Brady will have surgery on his left knee this week and is done for the rest of the season. They still haven't said what exactly is wrong the knee, but its gotta bean ACL and maybe more. I expect them to still be a strong team, but this has gotta hurt(no pun intended).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3575339
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 14:27 »

This whole "This is a HUGE loss to the NFL" stuff makes me want to puke.
Yeah, I will say that crap (along with the Patriot fans...and Rodney Harrison...and Bruschi...and Vrabel...and...) does drive me bonkers.  I eye rolled so much yesterday evening/night that my head hurts this morning.

C'mon, already.  It's not like the dude was in a motorcycle crash and inches from death or anything...
Yeah, didn't hear any of the "not good for the sport of football" stuff when Ben smashed his head in.  

Players get injured every week, and every year has a substantial number of KEY injuries, big names.  But now, because the tragedy has befallen the Golden Boy and the poor 18-and-D'OH! Dynasty, it's not just sad for the chowdah sluhpahs, it's a fucking travesty for the NFL as a whole...?  'Scuse me while I scratch my old man nuts in boredom.

Memo to Adam Schefter and all you other fancy-lad media numpties: there are other teams.  K?  The perfect season is OVER.  Brady can't LITERALLY walk on water.  Belicheck is a CHEATER.  The whole dynasty reeks of SHIT.

Get the fuck over yourselves.

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 14:29 »

With the Colts O-line in trouble, SD overrated and injured, I think we have a legit shot and should be the AFC favorites.

Where the analysts get Jacksonville as the front runner is beyond me.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 14:30 by DCSteelers » Logged
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 17:29 »

I don't know what's fucking wrong with me.

My first reaction was a shocked "oh, damn..."  And, shortly thereafter, I actually felt a little sorry for the guy.  Figure, he's gone for '08 and he'll be a shell of himself in '09 (see:  McNabb).  Maybe he'll be able to bounce back to 100% by the '10 season, but he'll be what, 33 by then?  He'll have a handful of good years left on what will probably be a totally different team.

Now, the Patriot fans OTOH...can eat shit and die.
AJ, you need counseling.
Think of it this way.

Right now, Beardy is being coddled and babied by not only the national sports media, but also by International Supermodel Giselle Bundchen.  Hell, he probably even has his baby-mama Bridget treating him with loving kindness.

I think he has all the friggin' sympathy he needs.....

And did you hear Belichick calling for that hit to be penalized???  Gimme a effin' break!!

Seriously, the guy has had him HOF time.  Go sit your ass at home.

Ditto about the Patsie fans though AJ.  I"m right there with ya!   :thumbsup:  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:15 »

Our whiny little bitch friend in Cincy on Brady's misfortune-

"Since when does Kimo von Oelhoffen play for the Chiefs?" -- Carson Palmer, Bengals quarterback

Dude, get the fuck over it already.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 08:55 »

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 09:34 »

A thing of beauty.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #26 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 10:22 »

Maybe Carson can show him a thing or two in the "rehab tub."  I think that's what they're calling it these days, not that there's anything wrong with that.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 10:24 »

This is the beginning of a dream scenario that ends with us getting one for the other hand, Belicheck blowing his own head off with a shotgun in some lonely motel somewhere, Tedy Bruschi actually dying on-field of another roidstroke, and Goodell under pressure from the Senate nullifying the Pats SB wins and taking back their trophies.

No, I'm not vengeful.  Not in the least.  I'm mellow, mellllloooooowwwwwww. ..

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 10:49 »

This is the beginning of a dream scenario that ends with us getting one for the other hand, Belicheck blowing his own head off with a shotgun in some lonely motel somewhere, Tedy Bruschi actually dying on-field of another roidstroke, and Goodell under pressure from the Senate nullifying the Pats SB wins and taking back their trophies.

Aww, come'on now, tell us how you REALLY feel.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 11:51 »

I'd like to blow that picture up to maybe 15' x 20' and stake it on my front lawn for the faggy Pastry/Boston fans that live on the corner.

Oh, and ouch...

jburghfan
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #30 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 12:46 »

The Chefs need to learn how to finish....

They should have ripped his fuckin' leg off, tossed it on the grill, and made some
KC style BBQ out of it.......
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 15:15 »

No, I'm not vengeful.  Not in the least.  I'm mellow, mellllloooooowwwwwww. ..
When you wish upon a star....

:pray:  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 19:41 »

Screw the sympathy, the this is bad for the NFL, all that BS.  It's not like it was a spinal cord injury.  It's a knee, for crying out loud.  There's one of those every week in the NFL.  

Local guy was going on about the "greatest of all time" and "this changes history," saying Beardy would have won 2 or 3 more Super Bowls.  First, dumbass, you can't change history.  What's done is done.  And a million things a day happen that affect the future.  Ben's accident was just as big a deal as far as altering future events.

Second, briefly on the GOAT talk.  He had a chance at that, and blew it.  If you take an undefeated team into the SB and lose, that's a relatively large black mark when you're in the elitest of elite company.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 21:04 »

Screw the sympathy, the this is bad for the NFL, all that BS.  It's not like it was a spinal cord injury.  It's a knee, for crying out loud.  There's one of those every week in the NFL.  

Local guy was going on about the "greatest of all time" and "this changes history," saying Beardy would have won 2 or 3 more Super Bowls.  First, dumbass, you can't change history.  What's done is done.  And a million things a day happen that affect the future.  Ben's accident was just as big a deal as far as altering future events.

Second, briefly on the GOAT talk.  He had a chance at that, and blew it.  If you take an undefeated team into the SB and lose, that's a relatively large black mark when you're in the elitest of elite company.
Well said, msdmnr, well said.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Sep 09, 2008 at 21:44 »

First, dumbass, you can't change history

Thank you for pointing that out.  Picky as it sounds, that stuff gets on my nerves, as well as people who say "If you look at past history..."

Uh, what other kind of history is there?  

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 14:15 »

Beyond that, Brady has never been anything but a stand-up guy, fierce competitor, clutch leader and everything else. Along with Bird and Bobby Orr, he's the only Boston star in my lifetime who had a 100 percent approval rating with his fan base. Hell, even the Boston media liked him, and it hates everybody. So that part was sad. You never want to see someone suffer a potentially career-ending injury, not even if it's Chad Ocho Cinco.

Uh, yeah.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Sep 10, 2008 at 17:30 »

Looks like its a torn ACL and MCL. He won't be having surgery for another month.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3579495
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Oct 23, 2008 at 11:11 »

Sounds like he has a career threatening infection....

http://www.fannation.com/si_blogs/nfl_tracker/posts/16921

As a decent person, I wish him a speedy recovery battling the infection.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Oct 23, 2008 at 11:18 »

You know what Ronnie Lott would do.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Oct 23, 2008 at 15:18 »

You know what Ronnie Lott would do.

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Oct 24, 2008 at 01:47 »

Get well, get well soon, we hope you do get well!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 2 ... 5 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: