Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 21, 2014 at 07:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady goes down!  (Read 3200 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 23:45 »

Adam Sheffter is reporting now the Brady is out for the rest of the season. Seems like its really true.  Sweet...... Chris Simms is flying in for a workout and physical on Monday. Dante Culpepper to Moss deja vu?

KTBFFH
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 06:08 »

Treefuckingmendous.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 09:37 »

Patriots | Simms to work out Monday
Sun, 7 Sep 2008 19:06:46 -0700

NBC Sports reports free-agent QB Chris Simms (Buccaneers) will work out for the New England Patriots Monday, Sept. 7.

I can't even begin to describe how happy this makes me.

There IS a God.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 09:51 »

I don't know what's fucking wrong with me.

My first reaction was a shocked "oh, damn..."  And, shortly thereafter, I actually felt a little sorry for the guy.  Figure, he's gone for '08 and he'll be a shell of himself in '09 (see:  McNabb).  Maybe he'll be able to bounce back to 100% by the '10 season, but he'll be what, 33 by then?  He'll have a handful of good years left on what will probably be a totally different team.

Now, the Patriot fans OTOH...can eat shit and die.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 09:54 »

I can't even begin to describe how happy this makes me.

There IS a God.

Well, let's not get TOO giddy yet.  The Pansies play the easiest schedule in the league, which means they'll still win ten games and make the playoffs.  

However, that road just got a lot tougher.  And I certainly don't see them being dominant without Brady.  After all, they struggled to win yesterday and probably should have at least gone OT.  But they'll still win their fair share because they have a whole team full of Messianic Figures.  And heck, everyone on the team is a captain.  Think they get a Captain Hook hat with that title?

I guess I'm pretty evil, but this doesn't bother me in the least.  Not one bit.  This whole "This is a HUGE loss to the NFL" stuff makes me want to puke.  No fan outside of New England sees this as anything but a positive.  All this means is that more teams have a shot, and that gets a lot more fans involved.  I know that I'm more optimistic because of this.

As for Brady, I just don't feel the least bit sorry for him.  He's got three rings, Matt Damon looks, and he's knocking up supermodels.  If he never plays again, he's already had a great football career and can pretty much move on to whatever he wants to do.  Good riddance, pretty boy, there will be no tears shed for you.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 10:01 »

As for Brady, I just don't feel the least bit sorry for him.  He's got three rings, Matt Damon looks, and he's knocking up supermodels.  If he never plays again, he's already had a great football career and can pretty much move on to whatever he wants to do.  Good riddance, pretty boy, there will be no tears shed for you.
Preach, when I read your unsympathetic comment, I tried to imagine what Jesus would do...

And I've come to the conclusion that Jesus would read your comments, nod satisfactorily, then crack open a coupla Iron City's in celebration of your immense wisdom.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:05 »

This whole "This is a HUGE loss to the NFL" stuff makes me want to puke.
Yeah, I will say that crap (along with the Patriot fans...and Rodney Harrison...and Bruschi...and Vrabel...and...) does drive me bonkers.  I eye rolled so much yesterday evening/night that my head hurts this morning.

C'mon, already.  It's not like the dude was in a motorcycle crash and inches from death or anything...
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:06 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 11:09 »

Preach, when I read your unsympathetic comment, I tried to imagine what Jesus would do...

And I've come to the conclusion that Jesus would read your comments, nod satisfactorily, then crack open a coupla Iron City's in celebration of your immense wisdom.

I'm just hoping the Lord is as forgiving as you are!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 13:47 »

The official Pats press conference will be 1pm Eastern.

KTBFFH
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 14:24 »

Well, its official from the Pats. Brady will have surgery on his left knee this week and is done for the rest of the season. They still haven't said what exactly is wrong the knee, but its gotta bean ACL and maybe more. I expect them to still be a strong team, but this has gotta hurt(no pun intended).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3575339

KTBFFH
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: