Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 18:51 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: When will Marvin get fired?  (Read 1062 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« on: Sep 07, 2008 at 16:57 »

How long will Marvin Lewis still be the HC at Cincy? I's say the over/under is at 4 games. I'll take the under. That team has serious issues. And how much better doe Ben have to play to finally be an "elite" QB like Palmer? What a joke. Flacco was carrying a piano on his run and still scored.  

KTBFFH
Captain Chaos
Old School Member

Underachieving Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 18:31 »

I say he lasts until his contract expires because the Bengals ownership is so cheap, they'll never let a coach go while still paying him.  

Just one man's opinion.

"It's a big game because it's the next game." - Mike Tomlin
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 18:41 »

I'm with Chaos. No way CHEEP AZZ Brownie is willing to eat a contract.  

God, I hope Marvin lasts another few decades there.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 07, 2008 at 22:58 »

Don't know how many years he has left, but I'm guessing he's gone after this season.  They won't fire him during the season because it rarely happens in the NFL compared to the other sports.  By Tuesday after the season ender they'll be announcing he's done.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 06:27 »

At least it's one job we don't have to worry about Cowher unretiring for.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:04 »

Don't know how many years he has left, but I'm guessing he's gone after this season.  They won't fire him during the season because it rarely happens in the NFL compared to the other sports.  By Tuesday after the season ender they'll be announcing he's done.
well, fortunately for starvin marvin, the bengals are one of the teams that actually will fire a coach in mid season.  If I recall it was either Coslet or Shula that was given his pink slip during the season back in the late 90's.

but im keeping my fingers crossed they keep him on 4 EVA!!!  he is absolute gold! for the steelers cause that is
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:25 by jackSplat58 » Logged

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:22 »

With RAC already on the hot seat in CLE ( way to kick a FG down by 21 with 10 min left), and Lewis personally overseeing one of greatest implosions in modern AFC North history, our boy Tomlin might be the senior HC in the division soon. I too wish Marvin would stay forever. As I did Billick(refered to by my wife as  Smug Leather Jacket Guy). Its kinda of nice to see him doing those Coors Light commercials though.

KTBFFH
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 22:30 »

IMO, I think Lewis will use the little sense that the Good Lord gave him and if he's not fired, he will end up walking away on his own accord.  Being undermined by the owner and resigning a thug punk after claiming you were attempting to clean up the organization had to piss Lewis off to no end.  

If I were Lewis, I would have walked away directly after Henry signed the contract papers.  While I am not a fan of Marvin Lewis and the way he has handled situations in the past when it came to keeping his players in line off the field, he got royally screwed over with the Chris Henry situation and I believe that was the last straw for Lewis.  

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 23:12 »

Being undermined by the owner and resigning a thug punk after claiming you were attempting to clean up the organization had to piss Lewis off to no end.  

No doubt... Reports were that Henry was resinged under mega protest from Marvin. At least he had the good sense to try to stay away from the Trannywreck.  

KTBFFH
PghSteel-43
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 08, 2008 at 23:28 »

If I recall it was either Coslet or Shula that was given his pink slip during the season back in the late 90's.

but im keeping my fingers crossed they keep him on 4 EVA!!!  he is absolute gold! for the steelers cause that is

Shula was the one fired back in 96.  If I recall correctly, Wyche was also fired in the middle of a season?  Lewis might take a page from Coslet and simply resign at some point this season and get the hell out of Dodge.

For me, having Lewis stick around would be nice from a Steelers fan perspective, but having Brown there is enough for me to be content.  As I stated in my last post, while Lewis hasn't helped the situation in Cincinnati, Brown has made the situation(s) worse and obviously doesn't give a damn when it comes to drafting/signing thugs and trouble makers.
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2008 at 23:33 by PghSteel-43 » Logged
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: