Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 21:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 02 - Sept. 14 @ Cleveland  (Read 5590 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #30 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 23:33 »

Pretty good game from the boys.  Ben handled the wind well. Defense got some INT's. Cribbs was a non facter and Reed hit a nice FG. FWP continues to get the job done. No carries for RM tonight though. OL played OK as well. The only bad plays came on returns. Moore didn't field the ball well on punts, and Davis knocked over RM on that botched kick return.

Still 2-0 with both the Bungals and the Stains 0-2. The key to this year are division wins. If they go 6-0 or 5-1 in the division, they will win it. Hopefully Ben's shulder holds up, and I would like to see Keisel back on the field. But better him than Aaron Smith. Next up, the Iggles. Hopefully the Cowgirls beat them up good.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 23:34 »

Doesn't stop pissing me off though that they didn't cover.
wasnt the line 7?
Pick'em locked in at 6.5, and had a side bet at 6 flat.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 23:35 »

I would, but there's no pool in my house.

Dude, it's the internet.

Lying is encouraged.

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 23:39 »

[
Pick'em locked in at 6.5, and had a side bet at 6 flat.
I take it you were disappointed when Tomlin didn't go for a FG with 30 sec left from the 20?

side note: Arians gets a gold star for that 2nd down play action call on the last drive.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 23:47 »

I would, but there's no pool in my house.

Dude, it's the internet.

Lying is encouraged.
In that case I have 10 pools in my house.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Sep 14, 2008 at 23:51 »

Penso, you ignorant slut!

Your folks have 10 waterfalls in their backyard. I own the video.

You live next to peeps with dozens of rabid dogs.

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 00:01 »

Penso, you ignorant slut!

Your folks have 10 waterfalls in their backyard. I own the video.

You live next to peeps with dozens of rabid dogs.
I live next to peeps who think it's okay to hit up my 3:00 pussy at 8:00 in the morning.

I console myself with the thought that, someday, all those waterfalls will be mine.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #37 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 06:38 »

Can someone explain to me how Lard Ass Shaun Rogers can take two steps and plant the crown of his helmet right into Ben's shoulder and not get a roughing the passer penalty? Unreal.

Great win though. Just hope Ben is ok.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 08:54 »

Can someone explain to me how Lard Ass Shaun Rogers can take two steps and plant the crown of his helmet right into Ben's shoulder and not get a roughing the passer penalty? Unreal.

Great win though. Just hope Ben is ok.
I wasn't happy with that non-call either, it doesn't get much more blatant than that.  I was also bothered by the fact that Marvel Smith and a couple other O-lineman in the area didn't react, either by pointing it out to the officials, or putting Rogers on his ass for the cheap shot.  They just kinda seemed to shrug it off and help Ben to his feet, bunch of pussies.

I can see why you don't wanna risk a FG getting blocked on that 4th down at the end (would have been a moot point had FWP gone down in bounds on that last long run), but WTF was up with the playcall?  Does Arians not realize that even if you run it on 4th down, if you don't get the first down the clock stops?  You gotta call pass there, and if it's not there, have Ben throw it out of bounds.

Otherwise, good game, considering the weather conditions.  Game was never as close as the score might indicate, Steelers had it the whole way.  Troy looks like he is back in form, which is good to see after a sub-par '07.  Not much of a pass rush from the D, but that's one of the best O-lines in football.  Anderson couldn't get anything going (thank you Cleveland for banking on this one-year wonder!) and Braylon had the dropsies again.  

Willie looked great again and Holmes made some great catches.  Ben took too many hits again, let's hope that shoulder doesn't linger much longer.

Well we are 2-0 and well atop the division.  Bring on the Iggles! :towel:  

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #39 on: Sep 15, 2008 at 09:19 »

My power was out around 5 minutes into the game. Needless to say I listened to the whole game on the radio side.

Question for people who saw the game on TV: They didn't mention the late hit by Rogers on the radio (maybe they did and I just didn't catch it). When did this happen? Did Ben throw any passes afterwards?

Just trying to get a feel of how he looked with the shoulder injury before or after the hit. The post gazette didn't mention any injury other than Keisel's.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: