Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 18:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 03 - Sept. 21 @ Philadelphia  (Read 4877 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 08, 2008 at 14:58 »

oo)  
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2008 at 11:24 by Robotman » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 11:49 »

Hell of a test for the team this week.  I doubt Philly will run over the Steelers D like they did Rams and Cowboys.... but our secondary better bring their "A" game.

I think coming out of Philly with a win would be a huge win; and may even help, this early in the season, our chances of making the playoffs and getting a bye.

I'm also curious to see if our O-line can keep Ben alive against a good D front.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 12:03 »

Gonna be tough.  Remember the 15-1 team, pulling down the undefeated Iggles and Pats?  Love to repeat that formula.

If we can keep Westbrook contained and get some pass pressure on McNabb, I think we can keep them under 20.  And their D gave up a lot of big plays.  I think Ben takes some shots downfield with Santonio, and if we get FWP on track, we roll.

Very early prediction, I'll go 20-17 Steelers, but could change my mind.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Sep 17, 2008 at 12:10 »

You'd think it would be a pretty tough game for the Steelers. If Philly is indeed an elite team, you don't often see them drop two in a row.

Should be fun to watch.

And if you have to lose a game...lose to the NFC. Except when playing for The Belt.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 10:09 »

Gonna be tough.  Remember the 15-1 team, pulling down the undefeated Iggles and Pats?  Love to repeat that formula.

If we can keep Westbrook contained and get some pass pressure on McNabb, I think we can keep them under 20.  And their D gave up a lot of big plays.  I think Ben takes some shots downfield with Santonio, and if we get FWP on track, we roll.

Very early prediction, I'll go 20-17 Steelers, but could change my mind.
My thoughts exactly.

I have to admit being a touch worried, just cause that's my nature, but overall, I think this is a very winnable game.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 10:53 »

Hell of a test for the team this week. I doubt Philly will run over the Steelers D like they did Rams and Cowboys.... but our secondary better bring their "A" game.

I don't see that we'll be able to keep them from scoring when they have the ball.

Key to me is TOP.  They can't score if they don't have it.

Run the ball, controlled passing, kill the clock, and capitalize on scoring opportunities.  It's the old school, tried-and-true Steeler recipe for success.

When we beat them in '04, I think we held the ball for 41 minutes.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Sep 19, 2008 at 00:17 »

Im of the opinion that Westbrook will be his normal westbrook self and get his 150 APY no matter what.  think it would be foolish to spy him with a troy.  and the only LB possibly up to the task speed wise is Timmons.  he is just that good.

so that leaves getting into the grill of McNabb on every down force him outside the pocket.  he turns into utter horse crap while attempting to throw on the run away from his comfort zone.

i think a nice equal mix of RM and FWP is in order, BUT if its close such as the stains game, you can almost rule out a RM sighting.  open up the run with the pass.  wouldnt be at all surprised to see a PA bomb from the start.

gonna go out on a limb here and predict 2 TDs from our very own Ocho Cinco, Nate "the animal" Washington.  with FWP tallying one more score on the year.  quadzilla rounds out the scoring with 3 FGs giving us 30 on the day.

hold the eaglettes to under 30 and we are 3 and oh!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 11:43 »

Well, this game will be a good benchmark for the OL. You know the Eagles will be blitzing like crazy on every down and situation. BA is going to have to call a good game, which scares me a little. Quick passes, with draws and screens to FWP can beat their blitz. Although its been a while since I have seen a good looking screen from the O. Hopefully the OL and the TE's can handle the pressure.

On D, I agree with Jack that they got to make McNabb move around. He's not the same guy he was 3-4 years ago. Westbrook is a great player and will get his, but without McNabb on his game, the Eagles O becomes average.

Stillers 24 Iggles 20
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 14:06 »

We had big time issues on the road last year.  If you recall, it started with Arizona, then Denver, continuing onto New York and New England and Baltimore.  We blew nuts on the road in 06' too.  3 out of four of those should have been automatic.

It's funny how the teams are pretty much the same as the road warriors of 05'.

This game will show us exactly what kind of team we'll have this year.
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2008 at 14:07 by DCSteelers » Logged
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Sep 20, 2008 at 14:28 »

First loss of the year Eagles 27 Steelers 24.  Ben 1td to Miller and Paker 97 yds and 1td Medenhall gets his first td.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Pages: [1] 2 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: