Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 01:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 03 - Sept. 21 @ Philadelphia  (Read 4962 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #30 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 08:53 »

I say we turn Arians in to H o m e l a n d Security.  There has to be some charge they can file.  He looks pretty damn suspicious to me.  Is impersonating an OC a federal offense?

« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2008 at 08:54 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #31 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 09:05 »

And for the record - has Phil Simms broadcast enough NFL games yet?  I'm thinking he has.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #32 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:15 »

Ughh..The OL is fucking sieve. What game is BA watching? The Eagles D is blitzing the fuck out of the O, and he is still calling plays that take time to develope. The D is sucking it up pretty good too. This could be ugly(as if it isn't already) if the Steelers don't watch the fuck out.

I dunno, man.  All he had to do is read your earlier post.

Well, this game will be a good benchmark for the OL. You know the Eagles will be blitzing like crazy on every down and situation. BA is going to have to call a good game, which scares me a little. Quick passes, with draws and screens to FWP can beat their blitz. Although its been a while since I have seen a good looking screen from the O. Hopefully the OL and the TE's can handle the pressure.

If I never see another WR screen, it'll be too soon.

Also, for additional complaints, see response in "the O-line is garbage" thread.

Painful to watch.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:16 by aj_law » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #33 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:29 »

Marvel Smith - Go fuck yourself
Chris Kemoeatu - Go fuck yourself
Justin Hartwig - Go fuck yourself
Kendall Simmons - Go fuck yourself
Willie Colon - Go Fuck yourself

And last, but certainly not least Bruce Arians - GO FUCK YOURSELF.

That was one of the most pitiful offensive performances I have ever seen, and to top it off, Ben might be hurt (let's hope it's precautionary).

Fucking bullshit.
I lol'ed.

By the time the second half rolled around, I had lost it.  Kids are looking at me funny.  The dogs are hiding.  I'm bustin' out with "C'MON, WHERE'S THE QB SWEEP ARIANS??!!  LET'S SEE IT!!  GAME ON THE LINE!!  THEY WON'T BE EXPECTING IT!!!!!111111111"

About the only time there was anything to cheer about was when the defense was on the field.  That game would've been over by halftime if it was the Dallas squad.  They did a great job keeping it close.  For whatever reason, my son was walking around the house the rest of the afternoon going "yeah baby, that's how you do it!!"  (following a big defensive stop, obv)

It should also be noted that I did not wear my usual #86 jersey as I had come in late from painting the garage door trim.  "So, I take full responsibility for this "L" as I didn't get the job done.  The guys tried to pick me up, but I let them down.  I didn't come prepared to play today and it showed.  Time to get back to work this week and get ready for Baltimore.  They've got a solid squad over there."
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:32 by aj_law » Logged

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #34 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:31 »

You still believe our lead-footed O-linemen can seal the edge versus anything faster than a dying seal.
LSHTPICOMN!!!

Seriously, you think he'd see Philly just dumping off, dumping off, dumping off and a little light would go off and he'd say, "you know..."

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #35 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 11:56 »

A couple of notes from the game:
  • Forgot exactly when I noticed it, but after one reception, Hines got up and wasn't smiling.  He looked pissed.  About as ominous a sign a Steeler fan can see.
  • Defensively, that group played really well.  Kirschke was tested and he passed.  Timmons looked very good in spot duty.  Foote was all over the place.  Farrior quietly led the team in tackles.  McFadden has been pretty solid.  2 pickles in as many weeks playing, IIRC.  Collectively, Woodley and Harrison were pretty quiet, but LaMarr had a couple solid showings.  If Polamalu can just stay healthy...  
  • Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but Jeff Reed is approaching Vinatieri automatic.
  • Miller.  Miller.  Miller.  Miller.  Use him!!
  • RM looked OK out there the few times he touched it.  Again, use him!!
  • The knee was down.
  • Is there a 9pt play out there I'm not aware of?
  • I miss Charlie.
  • This question was answered by someone, but I forgot.  What's KVO doing these days?
  • Second week in a row they played ugly.  You might be able to beat a bad/average team playing like that, but not a good one.
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2008 at 12:07 by aj_law » Logged

give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #36 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 12:40 »

[*] Forgot exactly when I noticed it, but after one reception, Hines got up and wasn't smiling.  He looked pissed.  About as ominous a sign a Steeler fan can see.

Oddly enough, that was one of the few observations my wife made during the game.  

Also, I think Ben should contact a lawyer, because I'm pretty sure he he has a pretty solid case against Arians in a personal injury lawsuit.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #37 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 12:52 »

Foote was all over the place.  Unfortunately, a good bit of the time it was the wrong place, or the place the runner was a fraction of a second earlier.  He was good on the blitz, but I was screaming for Timmons to counter speed with speed.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #38 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 13:22 »

Timmons, Harrison, and Foote were having problems with Buckhalter's speed the whole game. Harrison got just plain outrun and took a bad angle on the TD. There were a couple times that Buckhalter got the ball in the flat and a LB was there but either overran the play or tried arm tackling on the cutback.

Overall the D played very well. Its great to have Troy fully healthy and playing well. And what a difference between A. Smith and Clark. McFadden stepped up. I wonder if he gets a new contract. Gay seemed to be out there and not looking Colcoulgh(sorry, already forgot the spelling) Clueless.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #39 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 13:29 »

McFadden's been very good, IMO.  As good or better than Ike in coverage, and much better in terms of making plays on the ball.  Sign him back NOW.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4] 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: