Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 08:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 03 - Sept. 21 @ Philadelphia  (Read 5621 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #40 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 13:56 »

McFadden's been very good, IMO.  As good or better than Ike in coverage, and much better in terms of making plays on the ball.  Sign him back NOW.
I agree. He has finally stepped up, and I think it will be difficult for Townsend to be a starter when he is healthy again.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 14:18 »

Foote was all over the place.  Unfortunately, a good bit of the time it was the wrong place, or the place the runner was a fraction of a second earlier.  He was good on the blitz, but I was screaming for Timmons to counter speed with speed.
I dunno.  Led the team in sacks and IIRC, woulda had another one if it wasn't negated by a defensive penalty.

Really, as one of the announcers put it, they've got 5 LBs for 4 spots because IMO, they're all playing very well and it would be a tough choice to sit any of them.

Right now, I'm more concerned about the front three than anything else.  Hopefully Hoke's '08 campaign mirrors what he did in '06 when he filled in for BS.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Ytownsteelfan

« Reply #42 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 15:21 »

One of the issues I had with yesterday's game, and correct me if I am wrong.  Them making every facemask a 15 yard penalty was the worst thing they could do.  On one of the many sacks Ben took, the defense was offsides, and when he got sacked, the def player got a lot of Ben's facemask and ripped his head like 180 degrees.  I seriously thought it looked quite intentional.  With the way the rule got changed, once your fingers are in the facemask, they is no reason to let it go, might as well give it a good yank as you are only going to get penalized 15 yards no matter what.  Also, correct me if I am wrong, but with 2 penalties on that play (offsides by the D, and the personal foul for the facemask), the announcers said that the def. STILL got credited with the sack.  
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #43 on: Sep 22, 2008 at 15:25 »

I was saying the same thing about the new automatic 15 yarder for facemasks.
Once a defender has the mask, he might as well twist off the other player's head...there is no going back.

Really bad rule change.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: