Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 21, 2014 at 07:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 04 - Sept. 29 vs. Baltimore  (Read 8147 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #80 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:18 »

YAAASSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

wow, that one was close.  Just snuck it in there.

Team's too tired to celebrate.

Way to battle, guys.  Won with your C game.
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:18 »

Thank GOODNESS!!

Now let's try to patch together a line-up to take to Jacksonville.

Also, could we PLEASE see the no-huddle more often and sooner in games? It always seems to do well, it was the Steelers best weapon in the playoffs last year.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #82 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:20 »

Fugly as it gets and does no good for my Pick 'Ems.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #83 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:21 »

I'll be honest, I'll be happy with just surviving Jax at this point.  Don't want to lose it, I know every game counts in the NFL, but Christ we are beat up.

Unbelievable turnaround in this game.

Welcome to the NFL, rookie.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:22 »

First thought, nice showing by the defense.  Harrison and Woodley are great...haven't had it like that in many years from the OLBs

Second thought, no reason to even talk about the improvements the Steelers need to make on offense until the injury list is settled.  Holy crap that's a lot of guys.  SING Shaun Alexander!!!!!!!!!!

Third thought, the Steelers have to get better on offense.  Honestly, Stapleton looked decent IMO.  Better than Simmons.  I really don't think that Arians lasts beyond this year.  He has a talented squad on offense but he isn't doing much to put them in a place to succeed.  Ben going no-huddle was the best thing for the O tonight.

Fourth thought, prayers with Frazier.  Glad he's moving his hands/legs but still scary stuff.  

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #85 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:23 »

I cant believe we won this game..... we really had no business winning it.... damn...

Did you hear Ben's comments after the game?  I'm reading to much into it but that's one frustrated dude about the offense.

3-2 into the bye is fine- 4-1 a real treat.

We'll be resigning Russell shortly afterwards, I suppose.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #86 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:25 »

Huge, huge win for the Steelers. Can't really say they deserved it, but Ben came through when needed. The D played great for most of the 2nd half. The TD drive was a little disappointing, as they have failed to protect late leads recently, but they really came through in OT. Woodley and Harrison were unstoppable.

The O is still clearly terrible. Have to see how the injuries shake out, but it seems like the Steelers got hurt. Ben made some plays, which was good.

But apart from 15 seconds of madness in the 3rd quarter, the Steelers O was badly outplayed. Without the defensive TD, they probably lose.

Still, a win is a win is a win. FU Balty and Ray Ray.

DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #87 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:29 »

The TD drive was a little disappointing, as they have failed to protect late leads recently, but they really came through in OT. Woodley and Harrison were unstoppable.

That was my one "Dammit" of the second half.... why on earth did they not send a sticky sand type of blitz after Flacco?

The Prevent the win zone prevent almost prevented it for the Steelers.  
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #88 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:30 »

As if that fucking game wasn't hard enough to watch as it was, that fucking Monday night crew of douschebags was the most awful thing I've ever subjected my ears to.  They couldn't get their mouths off the Raven's dicks (especially flacco) for even one fucking second.  Then the second the Steelers come to life they start talking about what a great fucking guy Tomlin is.  I wanted to throw a brick through my fucking tv.  Fuck that shit.  I'm fucking annoyed as shit.  A win is a win, but fuck....

Sage, I hope your boy is alright.  If you hear any updates, please fill us in....

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #89 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:30 »

I won't say that this is a game we didn't deserve to win, because that takes away a lot from the defense.  

The offense is awful right now.  I guess Arians isn't using the TEs 'cause he's keeping them in to block.  The Steelers need to figure something else out and use the TE's in the passing game.  Glad to see Ben using Moore at the end.

I didn't like the McHugh signing but loved the block earlier.  Seems much better at FB than Carey Davis.  Though Davis may not be returning soon.

Bruce Davis looked lost on STs.  Got a penalty early.

Very glad to have won this and the D deserves all of the credit...along with Reed.  Recall the days we went through crappy kicker after crappy kicker.

Love the "HERE WE GO STEELERS" chant in the background of SC

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9] 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: