Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 02, 2014 at 04:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 04 - Sept. 29 vs. Baltimore  (Read 7707 times)
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #90 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:39 »

I thought the O-line was remarkle 2nd half considering how shitty they were in the first half, once Simmons left the game.  still not a playoff caliber OL, but gave Ben enough time to work his magic.

it definitely was a mash unit on both sides.  It sucked being down to the 4th string RB, but it might have been a blessing in disguise since Moore is pretty fucking good in the flats as a pass catcher.

Special team coverage was excellent on both KOs and PR.  BUT mitch burger HAS to go.  becasue of his 33 yard average the first half, Fucko was given way too much room and comfort and took alot of pressure off of him.

the D was TIRED and that was a direct result of the inneffective Offense's 3 n outs and Bergers shitty punting.  the ratbirds starting field position was close to their own 40.  UNNACCEPTABLE!

Holy ballz batman, it just took Arians 6 1/2 quarters of TDless football to do the no huddle.  The Ratbirds were still able to sub in/out so I would like to see the tempo a little quicker against jax.  also, Id be willing to wager that Tomlin was the man responsible for going with the No Huddle and not arians

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #91 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:42 »

Screw Steve Young and Emmitt.  I realize that was the textbook ugly win, but can you give a little credit to our defense?  All the things they're saying about the Ravens - great effort by the D, lousy offense - actually also apply to the team that WON the game.

And i didn't quite get all the Flacco as second coming stuff.  He played OK for a rookie, but he hung a bunch of balls up in the secondary that were begging to be picked.  Also had two fumbles.

Ravens staff was at fault because they didn't open it up for Flacco?  Give me a fucking break.

BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #92 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:45 »

I'm hearing that Mendenhll and Simmons are out for the season...wow.  Happy about Simmons.  Not happy he's hurt, but happy he won't be gracing us with his presence anymore.  

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #93 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:48 »

Sucks to lose either of those guys.  Depth on the OL isn't great as it is.  Jeremy Parquet isn't an improvement.  

Easier to replace Mendenhall IMO by the very nature of the position.  But this may be a lesson that the Steelers can't go with two Rbs (Mend and Moore) and a FB (Carey Davis)

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #94 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:50 »

All I have to say is I don't care who he shows his junk to in bars, or what he does in the off-season. I'm having Jeff Reed's baby.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #95 on: Sep 29, 2008 at 23:52 »

Why won't they use the 7 million dollar man? Darnell, the backup center, came in at RG. No Starks? Move Colon to G and put Staks in at RT?
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #96 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 06:43 »

F'in tired

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #97 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 07:22 »

Why won't they use the 7 million dollar man? Darnell, the backup center, came in at RG. No Starks? Move Colon to G and put Staks in at RT?
Yeah I've been calling for this move all season.  It makes absolutely no sense to give Starks all that money and not play him.  Why not see how Colon plays at his natural position, because RT clearly isn't his thing.  

I wouldn't mind getting a look at Stapleton, but he seemed absolutely lost down near the goal line when they had to settle for a FG.  On one run up the middle, he was basically just standing behind Hartwig instead of getting through the hole and putting a body on somebody.  Probably would have had six there had he done that.

That bye week can't come soon enough.

SING SEDWIC BUNSON!!1

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #98 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 07:47 »

Work is not fun today.  Even less fun than normal.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #99 on: Sep 30, 2008 at 08:06 »

I thought the O-line was remarkle 2nd half considering how shitty they were in the first half, once Simmons left the game.  still not a playoff caliber OL, but gave Ben enough time to work his magic.

it definitely was a mash unit on both sides.  It sucked being down to the 4th string RB, but it might have been a blessing in disguise since Moore is pretty fucking good in the flats as a pass catcher.

Special team coverage was excellent on both KOs and PR.  BUT mitch burger HAS to go.  becasue of his 33 yard average the first half, Fucko was given way too much room and comfort and took alot of pressure off of him.

the D was TIRED and that was a direct result of the inneffective Offense's 3 n outs and Bergers shitty punting.  the ratbirds starting field position was close to their own 40.  UNNACCEPTABLE!

Holy ballz batman, it just took Arians 6 1/2 quarters of TDless football to do the no huddle.  The Ratbirds were still able to sub in/out so I would like to see the tempo a little quicker against jax.  also, Id be willing to wager that Tomlin was the man responsible for going with the No Huddle and not arians
I mentioned this in the Steeler section - Sounds like Ben begged Tomlin to go no-huddle, like it didn't even occur to him and he wasn't comfortable with it.

I hope Tomlin isn't in over his head.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: