Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 15:15 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 05 - Oct. 5 @ Jacksonville  (Read 5239 times)
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 22:57 »

Solid win.  We outplayed them by more than what the score dictated, but when they get a defensive TD right off the bat, that's what happens.

First half Ben did a good job getting the ball out early; second half he went back to his old self.  I said it last week, and this week I didn't see anything to change my opinion; I swear the Ben likes to get hit/sacked.  Maybe he's paying too much attention to that stat about his passer rating after contact.  He made some incredible throws with guys hanging all over him in the 4th, but he just doesn't get rid of the ball in time.

Starks is apparently our 8th lineman.  That contract is looking stupider by the week.  Only bright side is no signing bonus carryover next year.

Defense was stellar.  Woodley/Harrison quickly becoming best LB tandem in football.

Refs were definitely in a hankie throwing mood tonight.  That roughing the passer on Harrison may have been one of the worst calls ever.  Fortunately it didn't cost us.

Much needed bye week.  Have to say that before game 1 I would have taken 4-1 at this point in the season without hesitation.  4-1 with the only loss on the road against an NFC team?  Hard to beat that.

Rest up, boys.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #41 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 23:11 »

Defense was stellar.  Woodley/Harrison quickly becoming best LB tandem in football.

Refs were definitely in a hankie throwing mood tonight.  That roughing the passer on Harrison may have been one of the worst calls ever.  Fortunately it didn't cost us.

Much needed bye week.  Have to say that before game 1 I would have taken 4-1 at this point in the season without hesitation.  4-1 with the only loss on the road against an NFC team?  Hard to beat that.

Rest up, boys.

Ditto on all that, and also the "fuck yous" mentioned by Scac earlier.

Good win, boys.  Go have lots of massages and lots of sex for the next 2 weeks.  That always makes me feel better.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #42 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 23:20 »

Starks is apparently our 8th lineman.  That contract is looking stupider by the week.  Only bright side is no signing bonus carryover next year.

I'm convinced now that it is a strategy to get him resigned cheap next year and let Marvel Walk.  It's the only explanation I have.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #43 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 23:26 »

Rest up, boys.

No doubt.  I'm very happy at 4-1 with the rest of the division falling behind.  I was really worried about this one coming into the game.  Then after that pic6 on the first series ... aaauuuugh!

Fun game to watch though.  Hella comeback.

Stellar defense.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #44 on: Oct 05, 2008 at 23:33 »

Big, big win for the boys. So much nicer to be 4-1 at the bye than 3-2. Ben obviously had a great night, and if it wasn't for a slip by SH, and the fucking refs, it wouldn't have been close. Moore looked great. GR looked good as well. Nate had his best game of the season. The defense played very well. Still some 3rd down gimme's , but kept everything in front of them. Resing Mcfadden!

10 penalties for 129 yards..ugghhh..

Some observations... Colon sucks. Not only can he not block, but he gets a lot of penalties. As Scac mentioned, Essex over Starks? WTF? Reed KO's have been deeper this year, and the guy is money. Ben calls better plays than BA in the no huddle. Moore should get more of the ball. Don't release Russell again please. Troy is a missile when healthy. Keisel and Snacks are more replaceable than A. Smith. Resing Woodley now. Spaeth's blocking is better, marginally, but his catching is worse than last year. SH and Moore are a much better PR tandem then previous guys..... and its tough to watch our 100 million dollar franchise QB get absolutely hammered game after game. I don't know how can continue to hold up if things do't change.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 06:50 »

What a terribly officiated game. Jax was holding all night long. That personal foul on Harrison was complete bullshit, and really don't think Nate was taunting. It is unbelievable that after dominating that game they were down one late in the fourth. That INT really hurt. Glad the bye week is here, Ben really needs a break from being hit. As much as we would like to see him get rid of the ball quickly, the fact that he doesn't makes him special. Gotta take the good and the bad.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #46 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 08:28 »

Glad I'm not the only one who thought the officiating blew.  Fuck, in addition to the bullshit roughing on James, the bullshit taunting on Nate, and numerous uncalled holds (well, getting used to that, I see a lot of holds on our guys every week, WTF?), I gotta say that the PI on Ike was shit too.  I've been sorta down on Ike this year, and it looked like he just clobbered his man until you saw the replay.  Clean as a nun's twat.  Aren't Madden and Michaels paid to, uh, ANALYZE shit like that?  That was a freebie for Jax.

Hard to assign blame on the pick.  Looks to me like Ben and San Antonio were just outta synch, which ain't so hard to believe given Ben's practice schedule of Monday, tub it, Tuesday, tub it, Wednesday tub it, Thursday, get a shot, Friday practice a little, Sunday, we're on.  In fact, given all that, Ben has been outright amazing.

Playcalling was marginally better, in the first half mostly.  Passes to 83?  is the world ending?  Short quick 3-4 yard passes to negate the blitz?  Ben had one to 10 that was out of his hands before the offensive line had time to shit their pants again, and though it was only a short gainer I was thinking, WHERE THE HELL HAS THIS PASS BEEN?

And obviously, since Moore was running and receiving like a demon, BA sorta cut him out late, right? Right.  Dookie and GR looked good too, but I am excited to see what 21 can do for us the rest of this season.

D was solid, although any time I see Matt Jones catch a ball on us it's like Scac hearing the name Zamir Cobb.  92 and 56 are the jam.  I still would like to see more Timmons in the base, as Farrior and Foote strike me as a little slow.  McFadden looks very good, keep him as starter and sign him to a deal.  The Wig of Fear did his usual greatness.  Clark played fine. 

Special teams gave up bad field position, but no major meltdowns.

Come on, the bye...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 10:04 »

One of the most impressive plays of the night was the quick slant to Holmes that gained 25.  It was a one step drop.   Over 300 yards and 42 attemps on a bum shoulder- I love it Smiley
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #48 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:23 »

Jax was holding all night long.

Those are the ones that get to me.  We're not talking about "maybe" holds or "questionable" holds.  I'm talking about blatant, stretching-the-jersey, pulling guys down holds.  No call.  Not even a flinch towards the flag.  Nothing. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #49 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:51 »

Jax was holding all night long.

Those are the ones that get to me.  We're not talking about "maybe" holds or "questionable" holds.  I'm talking about blatant, stretching-the-jersey, pulling guys down holds.  No call.  Not even a flinch towards the flag.  Nothing. 

Yeah, that flippin' kills me!  We all know the only way you stop Silverback (and Big Wood, I'll have to say) is by holding them.  Don't tell me you didn't see that, Zebra!

And all those damn "roughing the passer", "taunting", "unnecessary roughness" calls???  Gimme a friggin' break...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: