Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 02:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 07 - Oct. 19 @ Cincinnati  (Read 9494 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Sep 08, 2008 at 15:02 »

:laugh:  
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2008 at 11:26 by Robotman » Logged

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 08:31 »

Bengals are done.  We get them after the bye, but I hope we don't sleep on them.  They took the G-men to overtime and came close to being the second team to upset the Cowgirls in 2 weeks.  We should handle them, but with injuries, a divisional matchup, them being generally pissy...  Let's come out and belt 'em in the face right off.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 10:19 »

As Oat mentioned the other day, I'm not too crazy about Pittsburgh facing a winless Cincy team.  Hopefully they can pull one out of their ass @ NYJ this week.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:27 »

As Oat mentioned the other day, I'm not too crazy about Pittsburgh facing a winless Cincy team.  Hopefully they can pull one out of their ass @ NYJ this week.

We can't afford to blow this game.  We really need to go 6-0 in the division and hope to sneak one by the NFCE in order to make playoffs. 

I like where we are right now, 4-1 with the bye week to get people healthy.  But if we lose to the Been-gals, that Giants/Skins/Colts/Chargers stretch is going to look a lot nastier.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Oct 06, 2008 at 11:47 »

Cincy has been better at clogging the middle last two games.   I'm a fan of spreading them out the first two drives or so and attacking the perimeter.  Then start getting the running game going to bleed the clock.

I'm a little concerned about our secondary in this game.  Need Woodley and Harrison to attack that O-line with pressure.  Glad to have Snacks and Keisel back hopefully, even though I though Hoke and Eason/Kirshcke have played pretty good.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 10:19 »

I'm suddenly very nervous about this game ---  A trap game.  I hope the Steelers are cautios and prepared.

I'm hoping for Fitzpatrick; but you know Carson wouldn't miss this one.   
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 11:00 »

Did I mention I hate player 0-fer teams?

Didn't dare touch that Rams/Skins game this week in Last Man Standing. I'm just too chicken shit when I see a winless team on the schedule.

We should pound them, but there was that game against the Texans...and the Raiders.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 12:10 »

I've been able to (been forced to) watch the Bengals alot the last few weeks, with them playing the Giants and Jets.  Their running backs are soft, and everyone else on offense seems to be just mailing it in, with the exception of Douchemanzadeh and either a gimpy Palmer or an overmatched Fitzpatrick.  Defensively, they seem to be trying to return to that poaching style that served them well the one year they were actually good.  Then again, it's not like Eli or Favre have histories of taking care of the ball.

Yes, we need to not look past this one.  But talent, execution, and coaching-wise, we ought to be 8 point favorites here, and justifiably so.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 12:45 »

I hope it's only 8 pt favorites.  No double digit favorite has covered so far this season and I hate picking against the Steelers.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Oct 13, 2008 at 13:09 »

I hope it's only 8 pt favorites.  No double digit favorite has covered so far this season and I hate picking against the Steelers.

The 'close' nature of the last few Steeler wins, plus Cincy's seemingly improved play, plus the obligatory 3 points for the home team, will mean this is single digits IMO.

At Heinz Field, OTOH, we might have been 11 or 12 point faves coming off the bye.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: