Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 22, 2014 at 11:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 08 - Oct. 26 vs. New York Giants  (Read 9357 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #70 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:31 »

-4 yards for the 4th quarter. Not too good.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #71 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:32 »

Uh, wanna script a play that gets the ball out in less than 10 seconds?

Jonzr, you still got that other site up?  Not sure if much or any of it is BA's fault but it'll feel good to blame someone....

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #72 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:34 »

Wow, the Steelers had nothing, absolutely nothing, on offense in the 4th quarter.  Holy shit that's disappointing.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #73 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:36 »

Uh, wanna script a play that gets the ball out in less than 10 seconds?

Jonzr, you still got that other site up?  Not sure if much or any of it is BA's fault but it'll feel good to blame someone....

You know it.  Man, that sucked.  Now we gotta listen to how much better Dumbface is than Big Ben for the rest of the season.

Jebus.

And despite all the crap play it looked like they could pull that out at 14-12.  Maybe it was just rose-colored glasses.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #74 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:38 »

0-2 against the NFCE

Browns beat the Jags.
Ratbirds beat the Faiders.
And of course the Bungholes bent over and spread it wide.

What a friggin' day of fooseball.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #75 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:41 »

Unbelievable effort by the defense wasted. Considering where the Giants were set up all day, could have easily been 4 Tds instead of FGs.

Tough loss, but I'll always take an NFC loss over an AFC/Divisional one any day.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #76 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:44 »

When Tomlin went for it on fourth down, wasn't like a 50 yard FG?  If longer than that, going for it makes more sense.  I thought it was a long FG but one that was within Reed's range.

The Steelers need to figure out there injures and bring some players in.  Cut guys like Bailey, Bruce Davis, and Tony Hills.  Decide between McHugh and Carey Davis, but not both.  If Clark is out for a while, I'm not liking either Carter or Ant at FS.  Not with McFadden out.  

Some good stuff from the D but they missed on a few "gimme" INTs.  

This was a good Giants front D.  The Steelers OL failed, though two of the sacks are on Ben.  Though, this is where I don't understand better adjustments.  Quick throws.  Slants.  Though I guess that's where Santonio helps out.  

Does Ward seem to drop the ball more now than in the past?  I read somewhere that he was in the top 5 (I think it was the same article talking about how improved Hands Washington is) in WR drops this year.

Heath Miller was used early but not late.  Maybe they were keeping him in to block.  It didn't help.  

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #77 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:46 »

They snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #78 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 18:54 »

The defense played admirably, but failed to sack Eli or take the ball away. Troy had little to no impact. Moore has been a great addition and is the only guy on O, besides Heat, who can hold his head up in the locker room.

Other than that, that was a bad offensive performance. Ben played bad( sometimes you have to THROW IT), the OL worse, and the receivers weren't that good either. Playcalling returned to its basic sucktitude. That 4th down play was terrible. Even if Hines catches it, its no good. Whether its Ben, or BA, that just won't throw to a raging TE after its obvious thats where the hole in the D was, I don't know, but throw the fucking ball to the goddam TE! Specifically Heath Miller!... Starks was directly responsible for at least 2 sacks. There goes that idea. Why do I always see Willie Colon quoted in articles? He is terrible.

Of course all the injuries don't help,( Clark especially hurts) but the O's problems aren't related. We will see what happens as the level of competition stays the same.

The penalties were game changers. With that second Nate TD, the game might be over. Tomlin needs to address the penalty issue.

And for the love of God, can the Steelers please get a better KO guy than Dookie?

Overall, I think the 5-1 start elevated expectations a little to much. 11-5 , or 10-6 sounded good this summer and I think thats still a realistic target. They only get to play Cincy one more time, so the OL has to consistently play better against the best teams in the AFC and the league. Even the Stains beat the Jagoff's, so the Steeler have to prove they can play well, offensively of course, against qualilty teams.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #79 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 19:07 »

Yuck.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: 1 ... 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: