Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 18, 2014 at 02:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 08 - Oct. 26 vs. New York Giants  (Read 9507 times)
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #80 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 19:16 »

Offensive line was awful.  Penalties or whiffs by the line cost TDs, first downs, and beatings of Ben.

Ben did not play his best game, but its difficult to play QB when under pressure and you are throwing to average WRs.  Not having the weed smoker hurt (but suspension was correct) as WR seemed to get little separation when Ben had time to throw.

The in-game injuries were the death blow.  Its hard to play without a long snapper and a one legged punter (although Berger still did OK).

That all said, a play was the difference in this game.  Even after the post-safety punt if Eli doesn't throw a perfect ball to Toomer than the Steelers might have escaped.

The schedule may kill us.  THe injuries are going to continue to mount, and we are going to need to steal a game or two like today's.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #81 on: Oct 26, 2008 at 21:23 »

Whether its Ben, or BA, that just won't throw to a raging TE after its obvious thats where the hole in the D was, I don't know, but throw the fucking ball to the goddam TE! Specifically Heath Miller

Ben said in his post game that the Giants completely took Heath out of the gameplan after early success to him.  alot of those 3 step drops where ben had to double clutch were specifically intended for heath but was covered.  Leaving ben to look for other options with only a short drop left little to no other options except for a sack or INT.

I thought the defining moment of the game was the Kemo penalty then fighting back for a long bomb to washington only to have it nullified by a holding penalty

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #82 on: Oct 27, 2008 at 06:28 »

The offense, AS A WHOLE, was unacceptable today.

I can give us a bit of a pass today because of the freakish number of injuries that we have right now.  But, if this continues, our offense and its fearful leader are going to let an outstanding defense go to waste. 

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #83 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 11:28 »

You guys have hit most of the salient points.  Shot ourselves in the foot, basically, with dumb penalties and some poor execution (drops, throws).  Slew of injuries didn't help.  Should have won 21-6.

If Holmes had played, maybe we could have gone deeper more often.  Or if BA weren't a giant teat.  On the bomb to Ward, Ben double pumps... for what reason I have no idea.  That was just bad play by him, as Ward was so fucking open it was unbelievable.  You pump fake to freeze the safety, but Ward was miles away from the safety and corner.  By the time the ball drops in there he's covered.  On the Washington TD, we just ran the same play the other way, but Ben did what he should have done before and just thrown it deep.  I'm telling you, our guys were tearing up their secondary deep, and it's a fucking shame we didn't just go back to that play about 4 or 5 times.  They couldn't cover shit.

Nate coughing up the ball on that INT was unacceptable.  I know it probably looked nasty on TV, but it was just a hit.  Nothing special. 

Starks and Colon were total assfucks.  Ben did waffle too much in the pocket, but we need to really revamp this line. 

Moore and Miller, under-utilized.  That's on BA.

The team coming out and not looking crisp after a bye.  That's on Tomlin.

Not having a serviceable backup LS.  That's on whatsisname, special teams guy.

You can only ask the D to carry you so far.  Aside from not getting to Eli, they did a tremendous job.  The Giants were clearly going after Deshea, and IMO McFadden would have done better.  Deshea was all right, though.  Too many whiffed tackles on ST and D, just don't like that.

Stadium was rocking, fans were great.  Lots of Giants fans, but all was cool.  It was a good scene.  I was hoarse before the 1Q was done, and all day yesterday too.

More thoughts later.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #84 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 11:33 »

Oh, and BA is still utterly incapable of the quick-action plays to counter the pressure (a la Philly game).  He needs to die.

There was one play I gotta find on TiVo, 3Q maybe?, called back due to penalty (natch), a quick-hitter to Moore for about 6 yards, just the perfect antidote play we should be running.  Naturally, we never saw that play run again.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #85 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:51 »

You know, I think I'm still numb from this game.  It didn't get

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #86 on: Oct 28, 2008 at 14:52 »

Oh, and can Kenny Anderson call plays?  Just wonderin'...

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: