Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 30, 2014 at 18:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 09 - Nov. 3 @ Washington  (Read 6523 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #50 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 22:31 »

Might the Steelers be more aptly named as the Pittsburgh GoalLineStance?

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #51 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 22:37 »

Might the Steelers be more aptly named as the Pittsburgh GoalLineStance?

That's about 3 or 4 goal line stands where they've flat out stuffed 'em over the last two weeks.  Unbelievable.

SACK for Timmons.  Man, the LBs are tearing it up tonight.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #52 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 22:52 »

Hell of a defensive performance.  Offense, ST gives the ball to the Skins in FG range twice; other than that Steelers completely shut them down.

Why the hell did we go with a punter with 2 bad legs?  Some were OK at best, couple of pretty bad ones.  It's not like he's Ray Guy when he's healthy anyway.

Looks like we're gonna give up some garbage time yards.

Holy shit, Kornheiser sucks.  Great on PTI, but terrible in the booth.  about 20 minutes ago he was talking about how the Steelers wanted to prove themselves against the NFC after getting beaten soundly by the Eagles and Giants.  Just now, talking about the Steelers and contenders, "the games they lost against the Giants and Deagles were close."  Make up your damn mind.

Hell yeah another pick.

Only thing that would have made it better was if the Skins had run Portis on 4th and goal.  A TD there by him might have pushed my fantasy team over the top against the Sportin Woodleys  wacko :lol:
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #53 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 22:54 »

Oh, and the Oline better shape up FAST.  We're running out of veteran backups.

Way to go Byron Freakin Leftwich.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #54 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:05 »

This defense is fucking awesome.

Hey 'boot - now you can add a clip of Woodly slamming Campbell to the ground for your avatar.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #55 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:07 »

Why the hell did we go with a punter with 2 bad legs?  Some were OK at best, couple of pretty bad ones.  It's not like he's Ray Guy when he's healthy anyway.

im sure Tomlin didnt want a new holder to go along with a new LS.  cuz you know reed would miss an XP with a new holder.  :rolleyes:

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #56 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:09 »

Great win. Way to grind it out. Lefty stepped up and got it done. Look what happens when you dump the ball to the RB. Nate seems to be good for one big play a game.

Jaws is a total tool. WTF was the deal with Shea's INT? It was clearly an INT.

What can you say about the D? Total studs. Gay, Ant. Smith, and Carter all played well. The LB's are just sick. Nice play from Timmons on that Portis screen. Saved a TD. Total BS on the Farrior penalty. Keisel seemed particularly active. 7 sacks. Woodley is a beast.

Nice to see MM on KO's rather than Dookie. SH redeemed his shitty 1st half performance. Nice to have FWP back.

Still, the O did not look good. The overall talent level is overcoming the JV OC BA, and the shitty OL, but how long far can that go? Too many stupid play calls( nice reverse to Nate), and the OL sucks. Maybe the dominate D can carry the team. Hopefully the injury bug goes the fuck away soon, and Ben isn't too hurt.

Nice to see, and hear all the Steeler fans there. Some 30,000 I guess. Sweet......Good win.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #57 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:31 »

It's official, I would like to play Guitar Hero with Heidi Klum.

clap

So, who won?  I had to run out and grab Guitar Hero:  World Tour.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #58 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:32 »

Hey 'boot - now you can add a clip of Woodly slamming Campbell to the ground for your avatar.

And, I'd just like someone to explain to me why that wasn't a fumble.  Ball was out before he was down.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #59 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:45 »

Random thoughts here.

I'm going to hope for the best with BR, and see if it's just an aggravation of the earlier injury.

FWP and MM have to be in the conversation for best tandem in the league.  Buckhalter's good, but the Giggles offense drops off precipitously without Westbrook.  ADP and Chet Taylor, maybe.  Johnson and White don't count because there is no way LenWhale could survive 25 touches per game as the only option.

A friend of mine at the bar suggested his belief that the Steelers are the best conditioned team in the league.  When you think about it, conditioning might be a big reason our backups-- at every position except long snapper-- have been so reliable this year.  Without strong performances at various points this year, from Stapleton, Timmons, Gay, Moore, Washington, and BFL (I think he's regained the rights to that moniker, for you old timers.  I feel like a genius for advocating drafting him lo all those years ago.), there's no way we're 6-2.  Tomlin backed up the message he sent with #98 in training camp, it seems.  Oh yeah.  The backups.  Ty Carter played very well from what I saw tonight.  

I ain't worrying about the Ravoons until they beat someone over .500.

Sepulveda would make this team alot better.  Those who didn't understand the pick, I got two words for ya: Mitch Berger.

Ben's injury quite probably lost me my fantasy matchup, but hey.  A win at Washington is nothing to sniff at.  It's only us and the Rams who can claim that this year.  Point is, the Redskins are phonies.They'll make the playoffs because of the NFCW and the NFCC, but they're one and done IMHO.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: 1 ... 5 [6] 7 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: