Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 27, 2014 at 16:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 09 - Nov. 3 @ Washington  (Read 6631 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #60 on: Nov 03, 2008 at 23:47 »

Hey 'boot - now you can add a clip of Woodly slamming Campbell to the ground for your avatar.

And, I'd just like someone to explain to me why that wasn't a fumble.  Ball was out before he was down.

Dude.  It's the NFL.  The whistle blew as soon as Campbell felt Woodley's breath.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #61 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 06:41 »

The WRs didn't help Ben much last night though.

Great job by Sage's boy on the blocked punt!

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #62 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 06:44 »

Dre changed the momentum of the game, IMO.

OK, we shoulda won that game and the Giants game 24-6.  Now, imagine how well we'd do if the D actually got one iota of fucking help from that offense.

We need a new website: www.killbrucearians.c om...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #63 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 07:20 »

I thought I read somewhere that if Ben completed a 50+ yard pass last night, it would be 4 games in a row with a completion of at least 50 and that would tie a record. And if it was to Nate, he'd be the only QB to hit the same receiver for those 4. Or something like that.

Was that pass to Nate 50 yards or more? If so, that's 4 games in a row that NW has caught a bomb, no?
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #64 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 07:57 »

Point is, the Redskins are phonies.They'll make the playoffs because of the NFCW and the NFCC, but they're one and done IMHO.  

Speaking of one and done in the playoffs, you're looking at it with the Steelers.  You know BA is really going to suck it when there is a little more pressure.

Early in the game last night I thought I might need to smack that smug look of that bug-eyed face of Tomlin.  I don't think he is any better than BA.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #65 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 07:59 »

Point is, the Redskins are phonies.They'll make the playoffs because of the NFCW and the NFCC, but they're one and done IMHO.  

Speaking of one and done in the playoffs, you're looking at it with the Steelers.  You know BA is really going to suck it when there is a little more pressure.

Early in the game last night I thought I might need to smack that smug look of that bug-eyed face of Tomlin.  I don't think he is any better than BA.

Have to disagree with you there. I think Tomlin is a good HC, and could become a great HC.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #66 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 08:05 »

Can't really say much that hasn't already been said. Big props to TC and Anthony Smith for stepping in and not giving up the big play.

Bigtime game for the D. On the surface holding Portis to 51 on 13 is an unbelievable effort. When you factor in he got most of his yards on a 22 yard run, basically the D held him to 29 on 12. Nuff said.

Picked em twice and could have easily been 4 times. Seven sacks. I don't know about you guys but I love seeing 91 get his.

Hoping for the best with Ben but sitting out a game or two would probably do wonders for him, his knee, his hand, his shoulder, his brain, his other knee, etc.

6-2 at the halfway point. 2nd seed in the AFC. We haven't been healthy or played our best football offensively yet.

This team at 100% with proper play calling can be fucking scary.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #67 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 08:20 »

The reality is, I am just glad the Steelers beat the Redskins. I mean, is there any better team out there than the Redskins? Any better QB than Jason Campbell? Any better cover corner than Carlos Rogers? Any better coach than Jim Zorn? And thank God the Steelers were able to shut down Jim Brown...er Clinton Portis. Very fortunate indeed.

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #68 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 08:33 »

Ditto that.  We were all pumped for Sage!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #69 on: Nov 04, 2008 at 08:35 »

So what does anybody hear about Ben?  Not that Gary Coleman sucked, he did quite well.
But I wouldn't mind having Ben back.

We couldn't hear in the bar where we watched the game, so we thought he'd broken his hand at first.  Glad it's not that, but not terribly happy it might be the shoulder....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: 1 ... 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: