Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 11:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 10 - Nov. 9 vs. Indianapolis  (Read 4213 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 17:48 »

Tough not to get a TD there. This OL just doesn't get a great POA push.... Personally would have liked to see play action on 2nd down there, or at least spread them out, but the power run is Steelers football.... I just don't think the OL/RB they have right now is suited to power runni

Come on D! Take it away!
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 17:58 »

BR has given the Colts 14 easy points...unnecessaril y.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:00 »

Terrible, terrible throw by BR. He has killed the team withthose 2 TD's. 14 fucking points. So much for saying he was going to play better.

He better make up for right the fuck now.

The Achilles Heel of this D is covering RB's and TE's coming out of the backfield.
Joetorious

« Reply #23 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:02 »

They took their sweet fucking time getting to the line on that shit.

Joetorious

« Reply #24 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:03 »

Terrible, terrible throw by BR. He has killed the team withthose 2 TD's. 14 fucking points. So much for saying he was going to play better.

He better make up for right the fuck now.

The Achilles Heel of this D is covering RB's and TE's coming out of the backfield.

I think the Achilles Heel is having to cover for BR's mistakes.

Joetorious

« Reply #25 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:05 »

One entire minute to get 10 yards. nice

Joetorious

« Reply #26 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:07 »

To continue the bitching theme, I think the Steelers have gotten some pretty shitty spots on both sides of the ball.

Joetorious

« Reply #27 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:11 »

BR has completely shit the bead.

whitmer_87

« Reply #28 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:16 »

Why the fuck was Dallas Baker in the game? I am a better receiver than that fuck.

Thanks Ben.

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
jcharding

« Reply #29 on: Nov 09, 2008 at 18:22 »

As expected, I see blame is being thrown at Ben for the INTs.  For weeks people have been screaming for more short passes.  More dumps to the TEs and RBs.  More slants.  Etc.. Well we got that today.  And guess what.  That requires absolute perfection.  If the QB and WR are not on precisely the same page, bad things happen.  Interceptions.  And we lose.  But hey, there were no sacks (well, two).  People got what they wanted.  Instead we had no downfield offense.  Just lots of short stuff.  And as soon as a WR stops one stride two short (INT #2), as soon as a WR and a QB read things differently (INT #1), people forget that they got exactly what they wanted.  

And of course everyone forgets that the reason all this is happening is because the line still can't pass block - just look at what happened that last series. That the line still can't move people out of the way (we were something pathetic like 2 of 10 on 3rd and 1s entering this game; or if you like just take a gander at MM getting stuffed twice on the goaline).  A short passing game does not correct for a bad OL.  It doesn't mask it.  It only changes the way in which bad things happen.  Instead of sacks, you get QBs consistently trying to thread the needle, until eventually it goes awry.  

On a more positive note, the Colts got lucky a bit.  A few random caroms went their way.  Its unfortunate that all the bounces seemed to go their way, but it happens.  A good defensive game overall.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: