Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 12:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov. 16 vs. San Diego  (Read 9314 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #130 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:23 »

Ha!  Still no 11-10 final in NFL history.

Yup.  The football gods did not want it to be so.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #131 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:26 »

Big Ben:  31/41   308

How could they possibly have won with Ben attempting more than 20 passes?  The anti-Steeler pundits are puzzled.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #132 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:27 »

Was that a forward pass?  Looked like it went backwards.  11-10 it is then.  Screw my picks.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #133 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:30 »

Was that a forward pass?  Looked like it went backwards.  11-10 it is then.  Screw my picks.

Didn't look like a forward pass to me. Funny business.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #134 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:31 »

Guess the refs knew there had never been an 11-10 game in the history of the NFL. That was an absolute bullshit call reversal.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #135 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:32 »

A couple of things....

1) BA wasn't the culprit for the lack of scoring IMO.  Guys dropped passes, slipped on a crappy field, and due to the penalties, the team was constantly in long distance calls.  Not to mention decent plays that were called back due to penalties.

2) That many penalties are unacceptable.  Early on, I joked about the zebras having it in for us.  But a majority of the calls were spot-on. 

3)  The defense played great.  Gave up a coupla points but Rivers was leading the NFL in a few categories...maybe QB rating, completion %?Huh?  Shut Gates and Tomlinson down.  Scored (assuming Troy's TD is upheld and got the early safety).

4)  The Steelers need to look for a decent returner once McF returns.  Cut Roy Lewis and get someone else; hell, sign Willie Reid off of the Philly PS.  Holmes fair catches.  Russell is Naj Light on KO returns.  Moore hasn't done anything

5) Find another punter.  It won't happen before Thursday but they need to get someone else in there.  <35 yard punting average is atrocious. 

6) Great to see the Bengals tie.  Even better to see the Ravens get stomped.  I believe the Ravens start a stretch of home games, starting next week. 

7) Ward is still great. 

Cool Moore is good but Parker is better. 

9) I'll be at the bar for Thursday's game.

10) Where was the illegal forward pass?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #136 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:42 »

BA wasn't the culprit for the lack of scoring IMO

no, he wasnt the culprit, but thought he was an idiot on the 4th and goal call.  However, I thought he was sort of masterful with his play calling in the 2nd half.  I still hate him, but have to give him good grades overall this game.

and yeah, didnt see any forward pass there at the end.  maybe the refs did have money on SD afterall since they happend to "cover"   B)

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #137 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:43 »

This is the most mind-numbing game I have seen in a while... maybe Cleveland playoff win or Texans game in 2002?

Worst coached game in my opinion by Tomlin in his stint here.
1) Why would you not go on 4th down or PUNT it at the 35 instead of asking Reed to do the impossible.
2) The Washington catch at the goal line should have been challenged-  I believe the tip broke the plane of the goal.
3) Granted, BA might have selected the play but WHY on EARTH would you run the 4th and goal play between the LG & LT? I didn't work last week.  PA fake and Ben could have walked in on the right side.

Other observation:
-Net gains on punts and KR/PR sucks.  That is going to be the absolute achilles heel this year.
-Fantastic play by the D... unfortunately, if it weren't for the fact we actually won the battle in the lucky breaks departement, we lose this game by alot.
-OL discipline sucks... partly due to cohesion via injury.  How many false starts and holds, and whifs did I see today?
-What a great game by Ben today.  West coast O, lol.  I could live with the game plan the rest of the year.
-Whats the deal with scoring TDs?
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #138 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:45 »

Im going to have to wager that BA doesnt like Heath Miller or sumpin.  cant explain why Spaeth has been used so much the last 2 games while Miller hasnt seen jack shit when he is in there.

Since Arians loves to run the same play multiple times, why in the hell didnt he run that tight trips formation evry single time with Spaeth until they stopped it???

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #139 on: Nov 16, 2008 at 18:46 »

What the hell happened after the challenge?  The ref said the penalty was declined after the review and signaled touchdown and I just kinda tuned out after that.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Pages: 1 ... 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: