Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 02, 2014 at 00:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 [16]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 11 - Nov. 16 vs. San Diego  (Read 9807 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #150 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 09:55 »

That rope to Hines on 3rd down on the last drive should have laid to rest any QB controversy.

There was a QB controversy?

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Merman1983
Old School Member

Master of the figure-four leglock

« Reply #151 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 10:17 »

That rope to Hines on 3rd down on the last drive should have laid to rest any QB controversy.

There was a fair amount of people, not necessarily here, who felt Leftwich should start after the Skins game. I'm talking talkshows, other boards, my dad, some people at work, etc.

Maybe I worded it wrong there. I'm just glad Ben had a good game and hopefully it gets him back on track.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #152 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 10:32 »

There was a fair amount of people, not necessarily here, who felt Leftwich should start after the Skins game. I'm talking talkshows, other boards, my dad, some people at work, etc.

Maybe I worded it wrong there. I'm just glad Ben had a good game and hopefully it gets him back on track.

Yeah, I knew what you meant.  I was just bein' a wiseass.

When your team hasn't had a franchise QB in several decades, it's hard to remember how a team is supposed to handle one.  Pittsburgh fans got so used to a "QB by necessity" approach that they fail to realize you can't just bail on a franchise guy after a tough stretch. 

It's one thing when the guy "behind the helmet" is Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox, or even Neil O'Donnell or Kordell Stewart.  It's a completely different situation with #7.  Again, he...is...the...man and sits for no one.  That's just how it works when your QB is a 100 million dollar man.  There's no two ways about it.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #153 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 11:18 »

On vacation, we ran into a LOT of people from New England, and a fair number of folks from NY and PA.  One guy from Buffalo was a Skins fan (?), and started telling me Ben was "nothing special."  I didn't argue it, because for one, he was obviously mentally deficient, and two, why ruin the relaxed vibe? 

The only argument for benching Ben is to heal him, but it looks like the issue with him may have more to do with practice.  When he goes into the game without it, he's off.  When he's practiced -- even if hurting -- BAM.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #154 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 12:16 »

On vacation, we ran into a LOT of people from New England, and a fair number of folks from NY and PA.  One guy from Buffalo was a Skins fan (?), and started telling me Ben was "nothing special."  I didn't argue it, because for one, he was obviously mentally deficient, and two, why ruin the relaxed vibe? 

I'll bet he thought Jason Campbell was just as good, if not better.

Did you ask him if the game on the 2nd was the first game he's seen Ben play?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #155 on: Nov 17, 2008 at 12:24 »

I'll bet he thought Jason Campbell was just as good, if not better.

Did you ask him if the game on the 2nd was the first game he's seen Ben play?

Nah, I just dropped it.  I had better things to attend to.

Oh, the irony was that most of the NE folks were pretty cool.  One guy from Massachusetts was actually a lifelong Giants fan, and understood the whole thing about the Patriots fans being condescending assholes. 

Met a couple of brown sugars from Maryland our last full day, and we were having a nice chat when I realized that might make them Ravens fans.  Luckily, not.  One was indifferent, the other (fucking smoking, BTW) was a Skins fan.  we laughed about what dicks Eagles fans are.

It was funny, they have this one central TV outside near the pool.  Sunday, all the dudes were clustered in there.  I saw about a quarter of the Colts fiasco, some from the 2H, and most of the 4Q.  I gotta say, if we have to lose I'd rather be in Aruba.  Takes a helluva lot of the sting out of it.  AJ, you might actually save money watching all the games there.  Figure the cost of all those remotes...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 ... 15 [16]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: