Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 11:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Nov. 30 @ New England  (Read 12028 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 25, 2008 at 15:51 »

Thought they were saying McFad would be available?

:fingerscrossed:

Update:  this was one piece I saw:

Quote from: PPG
Cornerback Bryant McFadden could return to play; Tomlin also listed him as questionable. McFadden has not played since his right forearm was broken Oct. 19.

And another: 
Quote from: wffl
Steelers | McFadden could return in Week 13
Tue, 25 Nov 2008 09:31:12 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers CB Bryant McFadden (arm) has recovered and may return for the team's Week 13 game.

« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2008 at 15:55 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 10:03 »

Steelers 27 Cheatriots 17.  Ben 330 2 Tds Ward and Miller.  D 4 sacks and 3 picks one for a TD.   

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 12:37 »

I'm not overly concerned with their O on our D matchups. Welker is going to get catches underneath and screens. Moss will get a play or two, and they will probably score 17 or 20 points.

My concern is the Steelers O against the Pats D. The Pats secondary is shit and with no Thomas, the LB's aren't all that either. Their DL however, is still a strong unit. If the Steelers OL can keep Seymour and Wilfork off of BR and whoever is running the ball, the chances of offensive success go up. But we all know that the OL is weak, so the next matchup is BA/BR against BB. Houston, we have a problem. BA is no match for BB, period. Ben is going to have to come up big. Quick slants, dumpoffs to the RB are needed. With Thomas out, they don't have a LB that can stay with Heat (or Spaeth for that matter). This mismatch MUST be used to move the chains and save Ben from punishment. If they bring a safety in to stay with TE, Holmes, Ward, or Nate, will have single coverage and will be open.

Please BA, be fucking smart about this one. Odds are BB will try to do what other D's have been successful with. That means stacking the box to stop the run and blitz the shit out of the OL. They will probably try to make Ben win this one passing 30-40x. If I'm BA, I say fuck it, and go all Whisencunt in the Indy playoff game on their asses. You want Ben to win it BB? Be careful what you wish for, because he can do it. With some help from the OC and OL. Come out throwing the ball on quick 5 step drops. Spread it all around. Dump it off to the RB. Use the TE mismatch. When they have to back off, run a draw, or delay and gouge them on the ground. Throw in a couple bombs to make them think about it, and spread them out. If they get pressure, call some designed rollouts, or screens. Pass them into 7 in the box, then run it over them.

Its time to get your shit together O, and start playing in a way that doesn't throw away what will most likely be another stellar defensive performance. There is too much talent there to continue struggling against medicore defensives.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 12:38 »

BULL. SHIT.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3728213

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 12:41 »

Please BA, be fucking smart about this one. Odds are BB will try to do what other D's have been successful with. That means stacking the box to stop the run and blitz the shit out of the OL. They will probably try to make Ben win this one passing 30-40x. If I'm BA, I say fuck it, and go all Whisencunt in the Indy playoff game on their asses. You want Ben to win it BB? Be careful what you wish for, because he can do it. With some help from the OC and OL. Come out throwing the ball on quick 5 step drops. Spread it all around. Dump it off to the RB. Use the TE mismatch. When they have to back off, run a draw, or delay and gouge them on the ground. Throw in a couple bombs to make them think about it, and spread them out. If they get pressure, call some designed rollouts, or screens. Pass them into 7 in the box, then run it over them.

Its time to get your shit together O, and start playing in a way that doesn't throw away what will most likely be another stellar defensive performance. There is too much talent there to continue struggling against medicore defensives.

+1.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 12:53 »

Effing Patsies.  He probably would have gotten no worse had he pulled out a hatchet and buried it in the guy's back.  But let Harrison knock down a QB and that's $15K baby.  Let Ward legally block a LB and that's $5/10/15K or whatever. 

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Nov 26, 2008 at 12:58 »

I might be wrong, but I seem to remember the NFL having an unwritten rule for fighting.  Throw a punch and you're gone from the game.  Get into an all out fight and you're gone plus a suspension.

I'm seething about it, but I'm not surprised.  Everyone knows they operate under a different set of rules.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Nov 28, 2008 at 12:06 »

Come out throwing the ball on quick 5 step drops. Spread it all around. Dump it off to the RB. Use the TE mismatch. When they have to back off, run a draw, or delay and gouge them on the ground. Throw in a couple bombs to make them think about it, and spread them out. If they get pressure, call some designed rollouts, or screens. Pass them into 7 in the box, then run it over them.

Whoa there big fella - you are already speaking way way over the head of BA.  I think we need to start with a roster and show BA that there is a TE position and that Heat plays it.  Then explain to him you can design plays for him.  This, of course, is after we have the conversation with him about how the QB gets the ball from Center.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2008 at 08:45 »

First play from scrimmage, run off-tackle for a pickup of 4.

Second play from scrimmage, run Ward and Holmes in short to intermediate crossing routes.  Draw the safety up to cover.  Send Sweed deep, no fucking pump fake, just throw, pretty much a guy they have no film on and won't expect, Patsy's can't cover the deep ball.  If the safety doubles on Sweed anyway, throw to Miller as the hot read.  Either a first down or 7.

Get up early, make them play the comeback. 

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 11:51 »

FUCK NEW ENGLAND

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: