Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 28, 2014 at 17:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 [16] 17 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Nov. 30 @ New England  (Read 11418 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #150 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 21:25 »

and thanks to Ike Taylor, my little one now knows how to say fuck.  the mrs. isnt very happy!

Same problem here, dat.   iagree

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #151 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:07 »

That was a hell of a beatdown considering the start. 

Pluses:

Defense is #1 and no one will dispute it.  Harrison defensive MVP. 

How about that sick move by Troy on the INT return?

Is Timmons coming around?  Saw a lot more of him than Foote today.  Flying around, making plays.  Best LB core may be better next year. 

Pats fans fleeing stadium in droves when they were down less than 2 scores.

Minuses:

Red zone O - need more TDs with those kinds of chances.  That game should have been over much earlier.  Was having horrible visions of another game given away pre-Timmons INT.

Great win, and while we didn't play our best, the reality is that the Pats played like absolute shit.  Tons of completely unforced errors.  Can't expect that again if we meet them in the playoffs.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #152 on: Nov 30, 2008 at 22:12 »

2nd that reading through this thread about the ups and downs displayed.  kind of funny.  The NFL is probably theeee most mentally and emotionally draining american sport.

and thanks to Ike Taylor, my little one now knows how to say fuck.  the mrs. isnt very happy!

Ya gotta learn to substitute "crap" for all the bad words.
My 2 year old nephew knows "Go Steelers", along with most of the names, etc.  Fuck, shit and sonofabitch are close, but we've managed to say those when he's out of the room...

Crap is acceptable to most moms.
 B)

I'm still the one with the boobs.
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #153 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 04:34 »

Oh, and one more on the plus side - remind me never to piss off Big Snacks.  After that devensive holding, he just abused that Patsie center and destroyed Cassell.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #154 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 06:08 »

Sweet.  Timmons should have scored on that INT return.  Might be time to run some sprints big guy.

He did score. If Tomlin challenges that play, he wins. But since the Steelers were up by so much, and it was spotted at the 1, he didn't. Moot point anyways, since they scored, but it cost me 6 points for my fantasy team Smiley

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #155 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 08:09 »

There was a play early in the 1st qtr when Harrison got tackled going after Cassell.  As the play was ending, you could see the Patsie POS laying on top of Harrison.  Harrison was on his back and freakin bench pressed that douche and dumped him above his head.  Unbelievable.

It was hilarious wathing Snacks get fired up.

I too read this thread after the game is over and it is pretty funny.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #156 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 08:52 »

Really, this is a must win game and as I've mentioned on a coupla other threads/message boards, the next 3 games are huge.

If Pittsburgh expects to be considered among the best the Conference has to offer and most importantly, a legit playoff contender, they need to go 2-1 over the next three, at a minimum. 

ATM, they control their own destiny.  A one game lead in the division and with a win against Balty in three weeks, the tiebreaker over them.  They can't let up now and they definitely can't stumble against a NE team that will likely be in the playoff wildcard mix too.

It's simple, really.

Win.  Just win.

They win, they don't have to worry about what anybody else is doing.  Those teams will have to worry about Pittsburgh is doing.

Time to man up and show the rest of the league what they've got.

Multiple looks.  Mix things up.  Pressure.  Execute.  And, punch them in the fucking mouth.

Mission.  Accomplished.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #157 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:04 »

That sucks. Just giving them a first.... Not a good decision by Clark.

You know what?  At the exact moment it happened, I said the same thing. 

After thinking about it for a couple minutes though, I said, "if we gotta give 'em a dumb penalty, I'll live with that one.  Send those fuckers a message, loud and clear."

NE was scared of that defense and that hit was just icing on the cake.  Moss was short-arming a ton yesterday.  He wanted absolutely nothing to do with any sort of contact.  After a couple hits, Cassell looked like a deer caught in headlights almost everytime he dropped back.  Not quite like playing the Fins, eh Cassandra?

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #158 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:27 »

Like LC mentioned, it's pretty funny to read people's real-time posts after the fact.  There are some serious mood swings going on.  One negative thing happens and it's doom and gloom.  20 minutes later and everybody's all "FUCK YEAH!  NICE THROW BEN!  THAT'S HOW YOU DO IT!"

Good stuff.  Good stuff.

Anyway, that win felt good...real good...scare the kids and house pets good.  I'm actually hoarse from watching that one in my living room.  I can only imagine the state I'd be in if I actually attended.  I tried to get the Mrs. to agree to go, but for whatever reason, the prospect of sitting in freezing rain/sleet in mid 30s temps on her birthday didn't seem appealing to her.

The game didn't start off well, but they regained their composure and turned things around.  Credit the coaching staff for that one.  Tomlin certainly appeared to be a calming presence.  I'm still not crazy about some of the O playcalling like the run, run, pass stuff early on and those terrible attempts at WR screens that everyone in the league seems to be able to run except for Pittsburgh, but there was some good stuff too.  The quick hitters to Miller; the delay draw on 2nd and long when they're expecting pass and bringin' the house; the PAP on 1st down following a turnover and taking 'em deep.  I guess we gotta just keep hoping for more good than bad.

Major, major props to the O-line.  Solid performance in run and pass blocking.  Defense is stellar.  Russell looked good on returns and actually showed more moves than his last 3 predecessors combined.  Ben did an excellent job of turning things around after starting off in the shitter.  He still doesn't look completely healthy to me, but something tells me we'll have to deal with that all year.

I said somewhere that Pittsburgh's season essentially boils down to the next 3.  They run the table, they're in.  Step #1 complete.  Up next the Cowgirls.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #159 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:41 »

If Ben isn't hurt, then his arm is full of crap.  He can't lead a reciever on any kind of "go" route more than about 30 yards.  Every time, week after week, the recievers have to stop to wait for the ball.  His arm can't be that worn down after 4.5 years in the league, he's gotta be hurt more than he's letting on.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: 1 ... 15 [16] 17 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: