Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 20:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Nov. 30 @ New England  (Read 12431 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #160 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 09:41 »

That sucks. Just giving them a first.... Not a good decision by Clark.

You know what?  At the exact moment it happened, I said the same thing. 

After thinking about it for a couple minutes though, I said, "if we gotta give 'em a dumb penalty, I'll live with that one.  Send those fuckers a message, loud and clear."

NE was scared of that defense and that hit was just icing on the cake.  Moss was short-arming a ton yesterday.  He wanted absolutely nothing to do with any sort of contact.  After a couple hits, Cassell looked like a deer caught in headlights almost everytime he dropped back.  Not quite like playing the Fins, eh Cassandra?

When they threw that flag, I had a shit-fit. My sister was in for the holidays watching the game with me, and I immediately started screaming that the ball was tipped, and it shouldn't have been a penalty. Whatever.

Then I said, "Well, at least the Pats will start playing with alligator arms."  A coupla plays later, and, I think it was Moss (?) came accros and short-armed one. We started cackling when you saw the replays. So, I think that it was definitely one of those penalties that the team got something worthwhile from.

How much you want to bet that the hit was partly retribution for last year's smug "Well, the safety play was pretty inviting" comment by Hoodie?

The only thing that sucked was no one on the Steelers made the comment that I would have: "Hey, one of you media guys need to ask Billy how he liked the safety play this year!"

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #161 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 10:20 »

That sucks. Just giving them a first.... Not a good decision by Clark.

You know what?  At the exact moment it happened, I said the same thing. 

After thinking about it for a couple minutes though, I said, "if we gotta give 'em a dumb penalty, I'll live with that one.  Send those fuckers a message, loud and clear."

NE was scared of that defense and that hit was just icing on the cake.  Moss was short-arming a ton yesterday.  He wanted absolutely nothing to do with any sort of contact.  After a couple hits, Cassell looked like a deer caught in headlights almost everytime he dropped back.  Not quite like playing the Fins, eh Cassandra?

Ya, that was my first reaction. It wasn't a smart play on the surface, but the fact it knocked Welker out of the game, and into next week, was a plus. Football is an intimidation sport, and that hit sure as shit made people think twice about going over the middle. Clark also wiffed on a couple of tackles in the run game, but overall the guy is solid, and waaaaay better than Carter or Ant Smith.

The OL really stepped up in this game. They controlled the Pats DL and opened up some running lanes. The only sack was a corner blind side blitz, not really the OL's fault. But before we declare the OL problems fixed, or headed that way, we have to remember that the NE D is middle of the road. They aren't especally good, and with Thomas, Harrison, and Warren out, they were even worse. Lets see how they do against Balty or the Titans.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #162 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 11:02 »

How much you want to bet that the hit was partly retribution for last year's smug "Well, the safety play was pretty inviting" comment by Hoodie?

Things tend to look different with Troy and Clark, as opposed to Smith and Ty Carter back there.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #163 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 17:16 »

There was a play early in the 1st qtr when Harrison got tackled going after Cassell.  As the play was ending, you could see the Patsie POS laying on top of Harrison.  Harrison was on his back and freakin bench pressed that douche and dumped him above his head.  Unbelievable.

Even my wife caught that blatant non-call.  I have a question, and I'm completely serious, has any LT's been called for holding against Harrison all season?  Seriously?  It should happen at LEAST twice every game and I don't recall it happening a single time.  Did the refs forgot about the admitted blown call in the JAX playoff game already?

Lastly, I have to begrudgingly give Arians some credit.  The last two offense gameplans have been pretty damn good (except of course, the continuing red zone debacle.)  The offense hasn't looked great, but I put a lot of that on execution (bad blocking, bad decisions from Ben and a shitload of drops).  All that being said, Arians gots to go at the end of the season.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #164 on: Dec 01, 2008 at 19:38 »

Even my wife caught that blatant non-call.  I have a question, and I'm completely serious, has any LT's been called for holding against Harrison all season?  Seriously?  It should happen at LEAST twice every game and I don't recall it happening a single time.  Did the refs forgot about the admitted blown call in the JAX playoff game already?

I seem to recall one call for holding Silverback earlier this season.  Don't remember which team...maybe Cincy at Cincy?  But yes, he was being held by the arms, tackled, horse collared, you name it, on Sunday.  And every other damn time he plays.  It's the only way they can contain him - cause they can't stop him.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #165 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 00:36 »

If Ben isn't hurt, then his arm is full of crap.  He can't lead a reciever on any kind of "go" route more than about 30 yards.  Every time, week after week, the recievers have to stop to wait for the ball.  His arm can't be that worn down after 4.5 years in the league, he's gotta be hurt more than he's letting on.

Hey, did you know that Ben wears a glove on his non-throwing hand only?  Heard a chubby birdie say he's old school that way.

:dorfin:

anyway, If I recall correctly, you are referring to the long bomb to Nate?  That ball had the distance, but was thrown a hair too late IMO.  But some of his throws the other day werent the crispest of passes, but at least they were on target.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #166 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 00:51 »

Quote from: JackSplat link

anyway, If I recall correctly, you are referring to the long bomb to Nate?  That ball had the distance, but was thrown a hair too late IMO.  But some of his throws the other day werent the crispest of passes, but at least they were on target.

I think he's referring to the fact that #7 has a tendency to throw the ball straight up rather than at the 45 degree angle called for by modern math.  Kenny Anderson, why are you still drawing a paycheck?  I believe the new website should be called "firebruceariansandken anerdson.com". Jonzr are you listening? 

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #167 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 09:31 »

If Ben isn't hurt, then his arm is full of crap.  He can't lead a reciever on any kind of "go" route more than about 30 yards.  Every time, week after week, the recievers have to stop to wait for the ball.  His arm can't be that worn down after 4.5 years in the league, he's gotta be hurt more than he's letting on.

Hey, did you know that Ben wears a glove on his non-throwing hand only?  Heard a chubby birdie say he's old school that way.

:dorfin:

I forget... did he pump fake on that pass?  I recall he did in the Gints game, and the same shitty short result ensued.  When your boy's won, no need to pump it, big guy.  Just get the rock downfield ASAFP.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #168 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 09:59 »

Rain to a football is the same as spit to a slider.... it causes the ball to sink harder than it typically would.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #169 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 10:19 »

Kenny Anderson, why are you still drawing a paycheck?  I believe the new website should be called "firebruceariansandken anerdson.com". Jonzr are you listening? 

HELLHO ... NOKK NOKK ... RU ANYWUN HOME INN THERE?  THA GAME IS NAMD "CONTINTS" AND THAT THA NAME OF IT.  "CONTINTS"  GOT THAT AND THOSE DO NOT GROW  ... WELL YOU KANNOT JUST PICK EM FROM THOSE TREES?  RU EVIN LISTENING1!!11111  U COLLEDGE BOYS ... "HEY MOMMA YOU GOTS SOME EXTER CONTINTS?  RUNNEN KINDA LOW HEAR!!11!!!  KUPPLA BUCKITS SHULD BE FINEE OK?1?"

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: