Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 20, 2014 at 19:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Week 13 - Nov. 30 @ New England  (Read 11804 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #170 on: Dec 02, 2008 at 11:57 »

If Ben isn't hurt, then his arm is full of crap.  He can't lead a reciever on any kind of "go" route more than about 30 yards.  Every time, week after week, the recievers have to stop to wait for the ball.  His arm can't be that worn down after 4.5 years in the league, he's gotta be hurt more than he's letting on.

Hey, did you know that Ben wears a glove on his non-throwing hand only?  Heard a chubby birdie say he's old school that way.

:dorfin:

anyway, If I recall correctly, you are referring to the long bomb to Nate?  That ball had the distance, but was thrown a hair too late IMO.  But some of his throws the other day werent the crispest of passes, but at least they were on target.

I forget... did he pump fake on that pass?  I recall he did in the Gints game, and the same shitty short result ensued.  When your boy's won, no need to pump it, big guy.  Just get the rock downfield ASAFP.

Oh yeah, that pass came with the signature pump fake.  If he wants to pump it, he should do it as he is dropping back to pass so he can get it there.

Not all of his underthrown balls have been incomplete, I think two of them were caught by Nate and HW out fighting the defender for the ball. 

His passes were definitely less than crisp on Sunday, and understandibly so with cold rain.  One could also argue the weather would be a factor in throwing long balls, but it wasn't just Sunday.

Overall pretty pleased with Ben on Sunday, and BA obviously reads this board, so I can provide more assistance.  BA - In addition to continuing what you did last week, no more runs  up the gut on 2nd and 12 when you get stuffed for a loss on 1st and 10.  Any time the down and distance is > or = 2nd and 7, it requires a pass play.  Screen pass, slant (if available) anything but a run up the middle.  The delayed draw on Sunday was a brilliant mastermind play for you.  Congrats.  Something like that once or twice a game is effective.  Let's also develop one or two plays with a moving pocket.  If that is too difficult, then just try a naked boot-leg.  Anything to disrupt the D and give them more to defend.

That's probably too much for you this week, but it is easier than it sounds.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #171 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 08:46 »

Checked out the second half of the replay on the NFLN last night.  It was still great.  BTW, they showed the handshake and Billy Buttcheck was as limp wristed and dismissive as we've come to expect. 

113%

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #172 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 11:35 »

Checked out the second half of the replay on the NFLN last night.  It was still great.  BTW, they showed the handshake and Billy Buttcheck was as limp wristed and dismissive as we've come to expect. 

113%

He is a cunt, isn't he?

Mrs. F just refers to him as "The Hobo" any more.  Not that you have to be as stylin' as Jackie Del Rio, but come on.  Wear a Penzo shirt once a season, for pity's sake.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #173 on: Dec 03, 2008 at 11:42 »

E's a gaping gash is wha E' is, mate!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 ... 17 [18]   Go Up